Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Sorry the glass cockpit version is not planned.

Not a big deal to me at all. I love the analogue cockpit.

Could you please pass on my comments about animation onto your modellers, Mathijs: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/52170-twin-otter-extended/page__view__findpost__p__355460

I understand it's still a long way until they start animating the model. But It'd be a real shame if these functions are left out again like in the current model. :big_boss_s:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your current Twotter you offered a cabin that was seats and supplies (barrels) I liked that. Hopefully we will see a couple different kinds of cabin/cargo set-ups in the new one.

I'd also like to request a weathered repaint kit to give the plane a bush feel. Much like the Lionheart Kodiak Quest.

I know that I couldn't do any better, but my only two concerns with the 'old' Twin Otter model was the lack of air stairs and that it sat to high compared to what I have seen and flown on.

The winter weather delayed that a bit.

HA! Send some of it here (Canada), would you please :)? We're still waiting for it here in Southern Canada (south of the Arctic)! You guys have been getting seriously pummeled this winter, that's for sure. Hope it starts easing off for you soon.

The radio set and the GPS will be very important in this project so expect them to be a lot better then the previous twotter.

Just what i was hoping for! Looking forward to this.

I would say that a proportion of fsx users these days runs with Reality XP Garmin equipment. The integration of their units via 3D masks in the VC in a number of addons recently, such as Realair, Carenado, the Katana4x, and even mooted for the upcoming DC-6B to be released by PMDG to name but a few, would be a major feature in the avionics stack for me. Particularly interesting as the current units incorporate WAAS and TAWS.

What does the team think?

Andrew

mathis will this twin otter be a 300 or 320 witch conatitutes beter stol carictoristics. please include tcas 3 in the airplane with voice callouts. a better autopilot control unit placement wiuld be nice as well please dont use the old garmin 296 gps the aircraft in question has a gnx 375. i want the gtn 396 and a 3 acess autopilot.

chad

mathis please put a radio system serka 2011 in the airplane and make every switch on the over head pannel use full including all lights and no more land line phone in the cockpit just a working intercomm. please have corect cabin arangements including the new viking buisness interor and stic shaker and alarms working and fulley animated and fully annimate the noseweel steringbar on the pilots yoke. thank you

chad

• Aerosoft

As said before, Stefan did the photo shoot last weekend in Kassel. Over 800 photo's were taken. To show you the level detail we are looking for I'll add a few here. As you can see just an image means not a lot if you do not have some measurement in the image.

post-43-0-71116200-1330422896_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-30760600-1330422901_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-83810400-1330422905_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-09708500-1330422911_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-12659300-1330422917_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

Btw.... so far I have not been able to get accurate details on the autopilot system used in the the Twin Otter. I know it is a Collins APS but it seems hard to get documentation on that. So if anybody happens to know more about it....

No ;-) sche is a beutiful Witch(aircraft) long nose ! What is with Wilga? <<< bä i have buyd it STOL ok but sche is very very ugly between an Do228 sche is sexy ! And the sexyst plane ever is the P51D Mustang . ;-P

DHC6 and Do228 << vor Lukla ;-)

best regards

Mathis Please no cheep auto pilot system three acess autopilot would be nice no s tec systems please they are way to simple i under stand conplicated ones take more time but i think everybody will be happy to waight a little longer for the aps 65 or aps 95 autopilot system and the new ads-b transponder and gnx 340 wass gps / radio. fully repersented cabin interior with led lights would be ausame as well. all openable including the emergence exits and inteior lugadge door shold open. and i want the seatbelt and nosmoking signs to be animated and lit and all chimes and alarmes to work.

• Aerosoft

the autopilot is a collins APS-65 Autopilot System but you guys will have to call rockwell collins for more info then that be cause thay don't have mutch info on the web page.

chad

We now have the info on the APS-65 we need to make it fully realistic.

Archived