AES 2.21 released!

OPabst

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, this is just brilliant! Maybe I missed it during the beta, but today I noticed the catering guys duck their heads just before they go through the aircraft doors and the same thing when they exit (on the PMDG 737NGX).

Just thought I mention that double jetways are not active still in KLAX? Any advice?

I see that problem as well, just as is encountered at KJFK. Zürich, though, did have double jetways. What is the problem with KJFK/KLAX, and will it be fixed?

With 2.21 still no push back with the tow less truck!!! But heyyyy who cares. Just a minority who has this problem and even no reply what's so ever from Pabst about this.

What's the use of this program if you can't use the most important thing, which is the push back. The eye candy comes first these day's.

I'm off.

After a zillion reply's you should know my name by now.............................

When I first started using AES de-icing liquid was visible when applied but then that effect was removed in later versions and I noticed today it's still gone.

Any idea if/when this effect will be included in AES again?

The spray effect was introducted when AES was still for FS9 only. When the first version for FSX was released it had to be removed due to some incompatibilities and then was only available for FS9 for some time. With the new models now Oliver had to remove te effect, but I guess it will come back some time when Oliver has found a solution for that problem.

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding but are you saying this effect was only in FS9 because I'm positive I had the effect a couple of versions ago in FSX.

Anyway I hope Oliver will find a way to include the effect again because it looked really good and feels a bit stupid to ask for de-icing and watch the de-icing vehicles but no liquid when they do their thing and living in Scandinavia this time of year you need their services quite often...

• Upvote 1

I works great! Im just annoyed by the fact that AES still uses cargo palets for the Boeing 757. I cant wait until AES NG is released. Im going to stick with AES for FS9 but im sad to announce that im going to switch to FS Dream Team's GSX for FSX here in 5 months simple because i want support with the default Minneapolis in FSX. Im not going to use Blueprint for FSX when i will switch to it. Il be happy if you guys make it for FSX but since some of the addons i have are only for FS2004, i have to drop them so thats why im switching to GSX.

Still Oliver, keep up the great work along with the staff of Aerosoft!!! :excellenttext_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you might remember for deicing spray in FSX during some of the earlier product lifetime were solid looking "cones" instead of the more realistic looking effect that was present in FS9. I think many were disappointed in the cones and prefered nothing instead of the cones.

• Developer

With 2.21 still no push back with the tow less truck!!! But heyyyy who cares. Just a minority who has this problem and even no reply what's so ever from Pabst about this.

Sorry, but I have found a bug in the towless big truck, which results in CTD's. This is fixed in 2.21.

At all tests with different aircraft (also PMDG MD11) I always get the pushback without any issue, with towbar and without.

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding but are you saying this effect was only in FS9 because I'm positive I had the effect a couple of versions ago in FSX.

Anyway I hope Oliver will find a way to include the effect again because it looked really good and feels a bit stupid to ask for de-icing and watch the de-icing vehicles but no liquid when they do their thing and living in Scandinavia this time of year you need their services quite often...

Oh yeah I am sorry, I remember there where two different versions of the de-icing spray. The one in FS9 look more realistic though. I am pretty sure it will come back some time.

• Developer

Do we have to re-download/re-install version 2.21 or was it already fixed in 2.21 when it was released?

The bug was in 2.20 and is fixed in 2.21

Thanks guys for your replies regarding the de-icing spray effect, I for one hope it will return because I think having an effect that maybe doesn't look 100% real is better and more realistic than no effect at all.

So...please include this effect again in future versions of AES.

Hi!

AES 2.21 is awesome although I have found that covered air stairs are not included. Popular at many airports it was great to have the AES randomized system, as they do now. I did notice that back then, the covered air stairs were square, while they are, in reality, mostly round. Can we be expecting to see round covered airstars in a future release, perhaps included with a paint kit? Anyways, awesome product and have fun!

-DMacAir

Since when has this been an airport request thread???

That one is in the same spot as always so don't use the 2.21 announcement thread to ask for new airports. Personally I find it rude and ungrateful but that is just me.... It is like the little kid who gets a present and immediately turns around and asks why they didn't get another!

Psolk - Firstly I said thanks to Oliver for this update for which I am truly grateful for.

Lastly this is an issue which involves 2.21 as a few of us were expecting the Eiresim Luton airport in this version as it has already been requested many times since way before xmas, And Oliver did say back then that he had the files from Eiresim.

It can be seen as a question or a request, the decision is up to you. But as long as Oliver can see this, and as Oliver is the target of my question/request then that is all that matters.

I am not un-grateful but I do not see harm in asking a question, If you don't ask you don't get.

And when you constantly ask you don't get either, Pretty sure Oliver is aware of what airports people have requested. Lets not make this into another "WHEN CAN WE HAVE KLAX!!!!!" situation.

The new version is awesome Oliver! I love it and I wont waste space with my post since you have stated that you are still working on the vehicles! I will like to ask if you have the baggage carrier on that list as this is one major part of Airport service that has been missing from the start! Is it possible to add another service option that is before passenger disembark and loading that will show a baggage cart or cargo loader approach the aircraft and perform the task of loading baggage animating a worker outside the aircraft and one inside the aircraft unloading and accepting the load?

I can only say I am loving the new version and the more detailed vehicles now available! Its eye candy for sure! I like the soldier march of the Ground Traffic Controller! Its better than the old one for sure, poor guy looked like he had well we all know! lol

And when you constantly ask you don't get either, Pretty sure Oliver is aware of what airports people have requested. Lets not make this into another "WHEN CAN WE HAVE KLAX!!!!!" situation.

It was a fair polite question, not demanding by any means, so no need to reply like you own the place. Be nice, and don't be rude.

• Deputy Sheriffs

hello guys. i have one problem with my AES. i run the simulator but the aes dosen't work. i use Ctrl-Shift-w but nothing. i have check everything.

You bought at least one credit pack and installed it, right? And you're trying to use AES at one of the supported airports that you activated?

Sometimes people don't realize they have to install the free "engine" AND buy credit packs for supported airports which must then be activated.