Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco Packet Flooding Multiplayer Servers

Buzz313th

:blowbubble_s:So what is the verdict? Is the MP aspect fixed, I'd like to procure this aircraft, but only if it's flyable in MP

The MP issues are close to have been fixed.

Actually normal MP works flawless now, but we still want to get shared cockpit to work too.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Finn !

...is anything new here with the 1.11b Version? >;O)

best wishes

Tristan

Only issue right now is to get the checklist gauge to work in shared cockpit, but we find that it is an important thing to get working.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be hard to fix the shared cockpit issue for the 1% of users that must use it, can the fix be released in two parts so at least the multiplayer can be used?

We are not able to fix the Checklist gauge issue in Shared cockpit.

We think we where very close, but the gauge is simply too complex and like You say... only a few people will use it, though it´s a real shame, because it's actually a really cool feature.

This means we will release an update that will fix multiplayer, but if You want to use the shared cockpit function, then You must comment out the checklist gauge.

Only thing left is to get the files tested and assembled, shouldn´t take too long.

Stay tuned....

Finn

We are not able to fix the Checklist gauge issue in Shared cockpit.

We think we where very close, but the gauge is simply too complex and like You say... only a few people will use it, though it´s a real shame, because it's actually a really cool feature.

This means we will release an update that will fix multiplayer, but if You want to use the shared cockpit function, then You must comment out the checklist gauge.

Only thing left is to get the files tested and assembled, shouldn´t take too long.

Stay tuned....

Finn

Sounds good Finn..

Still here if you need someone to help test.

Just got back after a long work trip overseas. My excuse for being away from the FS community for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, but the developer who we need to make new VC models is very busy with another project right now.

As soon as I have the VC models we will run a short test before releasing the update.

Don´t worry - it´s by far not forgotten.

Finn

• 4 weeks later...

Any news? I'd really like to use this plane in multiplayer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. ;)

Thank you.

I´m very sorry about the lack of information...

We have all been tight up on other projects until now, but we are actually adding the last stuff for the update as I speak.

If the testing goes well, I think the update can be made available within this week.

The update will be optional. This means that You don´t have to apply it if You don´t plan to use the Bronco online.

The benefits adding it is:

-Code optimised for maximum performance FPS and stutter wise

-Full multiplayer capable - i.e no packet flooding

-GPS causes much less impact on FPS in MAP mode.

What You might experience though, is slightly more "Course" or rough" engine behaviour with condition levers in Normal setting - but I find it to be subtible.

While normal multiplayer functionality is 100% assured, shared cockpit mode can only be used if the Checklist gauge has been disabled.

We did not manage to "fix" the checklist gauge for shared cockpit. If it is enabled (default) then the joining Bronco will cause FSX to crash.

Disabling the checklist gauge is easy though - how to do will be mentioned in the Readme.txt for the update.

Finn

I hoped to have it released this week, but I still need a positive confirmation from the multiplayer testers that everything is OK.

Finn

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, after the 1.12 patch, the bronco is still flooding the multiplayer server 10 to 1.

So.... Every time you connect with the bronco it's like you are connecting with ten planes and it kicks other people off the server.

JB