Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco Packet Flooding Multiplayer Servers

Buzz313th

Hi Finn,

i ll try it soon too.

But one word here:

I really like to say "Thank You" to You. I am sure You have much stuff to do, so every new Try You do here for the Bronco

shows a great connection between You and all the Customers. For that YOU earn here 5 of 5 Stars for an extraordenary Service You are giving to us! ....big applause.....

C U Later

Tristan

• Upvote 1

Hi Finn,

i ll try it soon too.

But one word here:

I really like to say "Thank You" to You. I am sure You have much stuff to do, so every new Try You do here for the Bronco

shows a great connection between You and all the Customers. For that YOU earn here 5 of 5 Stars for an extraordenary Service You are giving to us! ....big applause.....

C U Later

Tristan

Thanks for You kind words Tristan.

But as an avid flightsimmer too, I know exactly how people feel if a product not delivers what they expected, so I try my best to rectify any shortcommings, though I not always succeed.

Best regards

Finn

Hi,

This is Geoff, the owner of FS-MP.com

Buzz313th requested I looked at this post about Packet Flooding.

I believe you have tried your plane on the FS-MP server, and it has corrected reporting that the plane is flooding, and this has resulted in the plane being automatically ejected form the session.

The user interface does not specifically tell the user what is flooding, but I am able to tell EXACTLY what is flooding by running a debug diagnostic, on the server, while the plane is connected to the server.

If aerosoft is interested in obtaining this information, and some help (at no cost), please can someone from Aerosoft email me at

at admin(at)fs-mp.com

Geoff

Hi,

This is Geoff, the owner of FS-MP.com

Buzz313th requested I looked at this post about Packet Flooding.

I believe you have tried your plane on the FS-MP server, and it has corrected reporting that the plane is flooding, and this has resulted in the plane being automatically ejected form the session.

The user interface does not specifically tell the user what is flooding, but I am able to tell EXACTLY what is flooding by running a debug diagnostic, on the server, while the plane is connected to the server.

If aerosoft is interested in obtaining this information, and some help (at no cost), please can someone from Aerosoft email me at

at admin(at)fs-mp.com

Geoff

Thanks for helping us Geoff - mail send :)

Best regards

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hear hear! I agree to that! :clapping_s:

Finn and the rest of the folks at Aerosoft. I would just like to tell you all that Finn is representing your company exetremely well. It is a pure relief to see such good customer service and the true motivation to help from all concerned. This is especially true when a handfull of other developers won't give their customers the time of day. So, in my humble oppinion, good, down to earth customer relations really says alot about the people who are working over at Aerosoft. Thanks folks

JB

• Upvote 1

Ok small update...

I got in contact with Geoff from the FS-MP server, who helped me with finding the causes for the flooding.

It was a very learnsome experience and I must express my greatest appreciation for the help he gave.

We found some additional items, apart from what I allready did fix in the files found further up this thread.

Only thing that needs to be fixed now is the landing light switch, which is flooding. This switch though, is embedded in the VC model file itself and will require new builds of all the VC models for the various versions.

Plan is to have one version done first and then test it, as well as putting the Bronco through some additional tests to see if some other items could cause flooding.

I can not give any timeline on when we are done, but rest assure that we are working on it.

Once again... Thanks Geoff for the the great help and JB (BUZZ313th) for getting us into it :)

NOTE !!

These fixes only affects multiplayer and has next to no influence on singleplayer performance or function.

Finn

I also appreciate your attempts to fix the multiplayer issue. I was really looking forward to using it online and seeing that it might still happen is good to hear.

Thanks Finn...

After a crazy work week, finally tried your new version. Improvements in MP, although with the improved amount of Requests per minute, I am still booting people from the server and it's just a hair glitchy.

I am sure your efforts to reduce the flooding even further will resolve this small issue.

Thanks.

JB

Due to the great effort of Geoff, my current build does not flood in multiplayer, but we like to see if we can get shared cockpit to work too.

So please standby - might take a week or so.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Finn and the rest of the folks at Aerosoft. I would just like to tell you all that Finn is representing your company exetremely well. It is a pure relief to see such good customer service and the true motivation to help from all concerned. This is especially true when a handfull of other developers won't give their customers the time of day. So, in my humble oppinion, good, down to earth customer relations really says alot about the people who are working over at Aerosoft. Thanks folks

JB

Thanks for that comment. Finn is exactly what a product like this needs. Without him the Bronco would just not be here. It really is that simple.

Due to the great effort of Geoff, my current build does not flood in multiplayer, but we like to see if we can get shared cockpit to work too.

Finn

Unbelievable!

If you guys can get Shared Cockpit going, the Bronco alone could become a small revolution in FS development.

Thanks again.

Will wait patiently.

Also Finn, if you guys need a hand testing stuff out as you start working on the shared cockpit, please lemme know. As you saw in the prepar3d forum I am trying to develop a generic shared cockpit solution for 3rd party addons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB

Finn

Update: Tuesday 21st.

For the first time, last night, I had two "beta coded" Broncos, in Shared Cockpit, running in Shared Cockpit mode, and NOT flooding the server.

About 95% of the cockpit was sharing correctly between the two planes.

Still some work to be done, and some operations of the plane did start some flooding.

However, its a very good start, and a good indication that it should not be to technically difficult to fix, and make the Bronco, both Multiplayer & Shared Cockit compatible.

Geoff

FS-MP.com

Update: Tuesday 21st.

For the first time, last night, I had two "beta coded" Broncos, in Shared Cockpit, running in Shared Cockpit mode, and NOT flooding the server.

About 95% of the cockpit was sharing correctly between the two planes.

Still some work to be done, and some operations of the plane did start some flooding.

However, its a very good start, and a good indication that it should not be to technically difficult to fix, and make the Bronco, both Multiplayer & Shared Cockit compatible.

Geoff

FS-MP.com

Lol damn Geoff you guys work fast. Let me in on this beta, I know you need a partner, not to mention I had to twist your arm to post here.... Lol just kidding.

JB

Geoff,

Is there a backseat VC in the bronco already? Or did I never look?

JB

Even without a Backseat, "sitting on the pilots lap" and being able to see how they operate the plane, and then trying to do so yourself, with the pilots watching and helping you, is a GREAT teaching tool.

SHARED COCKPIT is the best new feature of FSX -- it's such a shame that so many other developers do not make the small extra effort to ensure that their aircraft is programmed correctly to support Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit.

Even without a backseat, you can stand in the Cargo Area and observe, and occasionally SWAP positions with the pilot !! :hi2_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update so that You don´t think it´s dead....

It takes a bit longer than anticipated, but we have made great progress.

A few more tweaks and tests and we should be near completion.

The real cool thing is that Shared cockpit will be possible with the Bronco, which isn´t something many addons can bragg about.

Stay tuned for further info.....

Finn

JB...

Can You please PM me Your email adress ?

Once ready, I would like You testing the update before assembling the final files.

Best regards

Finn

I have not recieved any PM yet JB.

Finn

Sorry Finn..

I tried sending it to you via Taptalk and it didn't go through. Resending the PM now from desktop.

Thanks

JB

Sorry Finn..

I tried sending it to you via Taptalk and it didn't go through. Resending the PM now from desktop.

Thanks

JB

Got it :)

Finn