how to connect captainsim weapon with F-16 HUD (target lock)?

pooryabaktery

I have Captainsim Weapon for fsx. The vulcan cannon keeps firing you can't stop this, the rest works properly. Is there someone who can make this work wit the aerosoft F-16 HUD, radar ex. target lock??

You need to seek assistance from Captain Sim as this is not a product we use. Someone there may have already figured this out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the program installed and fitted on the Bronco..... but it is horrible.... you fire off a wing rocket, and your blinded and screen freezes.... CS says "sorry can not help you"

Gentlemen,

FYI: For AS' F-16, the HUD & MFD are coded in the same gauge files... If you remove the entries in the Aircraft.cfg file you will lose both functionality. I worked (briefly) on this problem when CS' Weapons for FSX was first released; until my system's motherboards prematurely developed issues in Win7 and died. Since my new systems were installed, I did not have time to re-install and fully test this again; as I had completed reconfigured the original AS F-16 for use with our U.E.P. package that we've been developing prior to that incident. Furthermore, with the now imminent release of VRS' TACPACK, I'd had hoped that Aerosoft would make an "F-16 X Extended" version to enhance the capabilities of the original to improve it in the avionics functionality and others in ways that only could be done with the model itself and not only with the gauge file(s).

I am still commited to the U.E.P., however, my partner Fred "Horton229" left the project some time back after the untimely dead of his mother coupled with his work commitments, which is completely understandable. I plan to carrying on with the U.E.P. project later this summer after I get settled into my new place with my new married life.

Why is this important? Simply, I had worked out how to add the CS' gauge functionality into AS' F-16 and hope to have a fully functional working TM HOTAS Cougar setup with the F-16's working MFD/radar gauges and CS Weapons for FSX in one of three setup formats or all by selection from the user(s):-

1. AS F-16 v1.21 + U.E.P.

2. AS F-16 v1.21 + U.E.P. + CS Weapons for FSX (perhaps even with an AS F-16 v1.21 + CS Weapons for FSX for users without HOTAS controllers, etc.)

3. AS F-16 v1.21 + U.E.P. + VRS TacPack.

Its not necessary to have U.E.P. installed if you want the basic (simplistic) functionality of AS' current HUD/MFD gauges; the idea behind this (U.E.P.) project was to enhance its capabilities to its actual capabilities within FSX to match is some fashion what VRS has already done with their amazing SuperBug, within a margin of limitations having not had the full support of the developers model, code, and much positive backing.

So, if you think this might be of further use to you'll, then by all means, let me know. And, I just want to make it clear that I have not intentions of stirring-up any old "issues" about this project with anyone; going to leave the past where it belongs and lets hope we can make good on this effort for all interested.

Later!

Oh, for those of you that want to know what U.E.P. is click

• Upvote 1