Texture display problem with Dutch Harbor X

FlyerX

Hello,

As you can see from the attached picture, the hills around Dutch Harbor X are not all green in summer, as they should/appear to be in the pictures advertising the product. Intead, there are beige segments in them, with sharp straight line contrasts. That spoils the scenery for me. Is there any way I can make the surrounding hills uniformly green?

post-31084-0-60454000-1327526036_thumb.j

Hello;

Did you run the Season Tool that came with the product,that should correct the colors,as for the other issues,do you have any other add-ons for Fsx.Try changing some of your settings in Fsx,there should be some example settings in the manual.

mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, I did run the season tool but I believe that only changes airport textures. I have tried that in any case but it does not change anything around the airport. I have many other add ons but no others in the Alaska region except Aerosoft Anchorage, whose terrain I have already tried diasbling as well, without any effect on the Dutch Harbor scenery.

Robert.

I only have UTX Europe, not North America, and that is below Dutch Harbor in the scenery library. I also do not have any other terrain addons, as far as I know.

I only have UTX Europe, not North America, and that is below Dutch Harbor in the scenery library. I also do not have any other terrain addons, as far as I know.

Try disabling all other 3rd party entries in the scenery library including Landclasses except for Dutch harbor and then recheck.

Hi Shaun,

I have disabled all my addon sceneries, but still get the same result. I suspect that one or more of the textures in the world texture folder is to blame, but have no idea which one/s. Do you?

Hi Horst,

There are several wrong (?) beige textures in the hills to one side of the airport. All the hills on the other side are all green, as I assume they should be on both sides. I get the same display whatever summer dates I select (these are from 5 August)

post-31084-0-68168400-1327953366_thumb.j

post-31084-0-21626200-1327953386_thumb.j

post-31084-0-79200600-1327953404_thumb.j

post-31084-0-07263000-1327953425_thumb.j

post-31084-0-56770900-1327953441_thumb.j

Wow, something's definitely messed up there. Don't show those pictures anybody, they'll think the addon is just ugly. :D

I guess the custom landclass textures and blending textures were not installed properly on installation. Please reinstall the addon and make sure you use admin rights on that.

Hi Horst,

I have uninstalled and re-installed, running the installation as the administrator, but still have the same problems. Could my download (from Simarket) have been corrupted or do you have any other suggestions to resolve this issue? I have downloaded Dutch Harbor X again but that file is exactly the same size as the first download, so I don't think corruption of the installer is the problem,

Me neither. I think it might be related to the installation process (how many texture files have you got in the Dutch Harbor/texture folder?) or scenery library. Could you show a screenshot of the scenery library?

There are 323 files in the Dutch HarborX texture folder, plus 3 folders (with airport textures for the different seasons) and the texture folder is 296MB Is that as it should be?

P.S. I have finally solved the problem! It was the Addon Converter X, which was converting some of the textures..