OV-10 Bronco X full version

• Aerosoft

As you might know the Bronco we sold so far was only one model (the one that flies from Belgium/Germany) and that we have been able to access. This version is now available at a lower price (but the buyers will get the free update to the full version). But the full product also covers military models from the time the aircraft was in active service with the US military..

There will be 11 additional models, it is possible we might build a few more models but that will happen later.

• California Dept. of Forestry & Fire Protection
  • Long Range Variant: 1 X Center Tank 230 gal + 2x Wing Tank 100 gal (Army,Marines similar)
  • Close Air Support Marines: 1 X Center Tank 150 gal(Marines) + 4xLAU32 (4x7 Rocket tubes)
  • Close Air Support Air Force: 1 X Center Tank 230 gal, + 4xLAU32 (4x7 Rocket tubes)
  • Close Air Support Marines: 4 X MK82
  • Close Air Support Air Force: 4 X MK82
  • Patrol Marines : 1 X Center Tank 150 gal
  • Patrol Air Force : 1 X Center Tank 230 gal
  • Clean Marines
  • Clean Air Force

Please note that the discounted price will be exchanged for the standard price the moment the full version is available. This is expected to happen around Feb 1st.

post-43-0-35596500-1327502884_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-91556200-1327502889_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-23460700-1327502895_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-82351800-1327502899_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-66325100-1327502905_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-08655400-1327502914_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-91980100-1327502918_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-85022300-1327502928_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-12872200-1327502935_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-55579200-1327508104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you might know the Bronco we sold so far was only one model (the one that flies from Belgium/Germany) and that we have been able to access. This version is now available at a lower price (but the buyers will get the free update to the full version). But the full product also covers military models from the time the aircraft was in active service with the US military..

There will be 10 additional models, it is possible we might build a few more models but that will happen later.

• Long Range Variant: 1 X Center Tank 230 gal + 2x Wing Tank 100 gal (Army,Marines similar)
  • Close Air Support Marines: 1 X Center Tank 150 gal(Marines) + 4xLAU32 (4x7 Rocket tubes)
  • Close Air Support Air Force: 1 X Center Tank 230 gal, + 4xLAU32 (4x7 Rocket tubes)
  • Close Air Support Marines: 4 X MK82
  • Close Air Support Air Force: 4 X MK82
  • Patrol Marines : 1 X Center Tank 150 gal
  • Patrol Air Force : 1 X Center Tank 230 gal
  • Clean Marines
  • Clean Air Force

Please note that the discounted price will be exchanged for the standard price the moment the full version is available. This is expected to happen around Feb 1st.

Hi

I am very interested in the Bronco as I actually worked on this plane as a member of a USAF Forward Air Control Squadron in Vietnam in 1969. I was wondering if it would come in any other liveries when I found this post. Not sure I understand what your referring to as far as the "full version" (which is what I want......the ONLY version I know of is THIS one) but in regard to the 10 additional models listed in your post......will THESE be included in the version that I would order NOW or do you mean they will come out later? I'm SPECIFICALLY referring to the USAF version (or versions)

Forgot to mention....I am interested in the BOXED version.......and the best time to order it before the price go's up.

Thanks, Flyguy1

• Aerosoft

Hi

I am very interested in the Bronco as I actually worked on this plane as a member of a USAF Forward Air Control Squadron in Vietnam in 1969. I was wondering if it would come in any other liveries when I found this post. Not sure I understand what your referring to as far as the "full version" (which is what I want......the ONLY version I know of is THIS one) but in regard to the 10 additional models listed in your post......will THESE be included in the version that I would order NOW or do you mean they will come out later? I'm SPECIFICALLY referring to the USAF version (or versions)

Forgot to mention....I am interested in the BOXED version.......and the best time to order it before the price go's up.

Thanks, Flyguy1

The 11 new models will be included in the version avialable later this month and in the boxed version. But if you buy the Bronco now you get the new models for free. I do not think we will do more paintjobs but I am 100% sure there will be many people starting to paint this one with the paintkit we provide. Already a lot of versions done by others.

I love the Bronco X. And I must say it's great to see the new models that are coming. It's looking like it just got a whole lot better.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Mark

• Aerosoft

Are you planning also a NASA version? http://www.ov-10bronco.net/nasa.cfm

Thanks.

Alberto

Sorry that one is not on the list. This model has a lot of modifications that we can't get enough information on to make a good version.

Given the fact that the Bronco is nearing completion I feel the need to ask if the sound has been improved as was mentioned after the initial release. Especially the run up and shut down sounds were too short and it was said that the sound will get an overhaul too. Is that included in the new Bronco?

• Aerosoft

Given the fact that the Bronco is nearing completion I feel the need to ask if the sound has been improved as was mentioned after the initial release. Especially the run up and shut down sounds were too short and it was said that the sound will get an overhaul too. Is that included in the new Bronco?

Some work has been done on that, but the problem remains that FSX can not trigger sounds for this type of engine. We even disable full FSX sound output during some moments of the engine startup to prevent propsounds to play with the props being stopped. If we make the startup sounds longer and you are doing a quick start you will hear the sounds you should not hear. It simpy can not be fixed without replacing the whole sound engine for aircraft.

• Aerosoft

A clean model used for training.

As we changed the models a bit we are running 2 days late with this project. I expect the last files to be delivered tomorrow, then we need to do a quick installer and some tests... So perhaps Friday, otherwise early next week.

post-43-0-57775200-1328002449_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-03900000-1328002456_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-16130200-1328002461_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-21250200-1328002467_thumb.jpg

'Clean' with still a center tank?

= Almost clean? ;)

There will both be a fully clean (no weapons or tanks) + the "almost" clean one with only a centerline tank attached (Marine 150 gal, Airforce 230 gal)

Finn

A clean model used for training.

As we changed the models a bit we are running 2 days late with this project. I expect the last files to be delivered tomorrow, then we need to do a quick installer and some tests... So perhaps Friday, otherwise early next week.

bummer...it appars as thought the MARINE variant is only going to come with the smaller of the fuel tanks. Other than that.....are there any outer differences between the USAF and USMC patrol versions? If not I am assuming that you could swap out the models in the cfg file to us the USAF model for later USMC paints?

also, I noticed that the wing tanks are gone.......will they be optional also? They are needed on the USMC late variants mainly.

Any chance of the OV-10D the US used in the Gulf War?

I will be doing a paint for the Gulf War era, possibly a couple....I will be able to use the supplied models to do them as close as possible. Looking at the supplied models....the long range ferry USAF, the clean USMC, and I will be using the USAF patrol model for USMC paints also for later variants. while the USAF variants have the lower towel rack under the cockpit....I won't let this bother my needs.

Well it beats......... kibbles and Dogtreats don't it. Don't like the separation of USMC and USAF, both of the same ilk, both of the same construction, both of the same logistics........ Bottom line if the Air Force had it ! The Marines Stole it ! This aircraft was not initially built for the USAF, it was built under contract to the USN, USMC (Army declined) When the Navy Got it, they didn't know what to do with it, When the Marines got it......... THEY PUT IT TO WORK ! nuff said. Also noted you scrapped the wing munitions ? OUTSTANDING JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s. please open a new category in repaints for BRONCO X

Just a question..... On the Mk82 loadout, CAS mission, a Marine butterbar lietenant calls you for support, you fly in to assess the situation..... The grunt tells you he cannot mark his location for fear of being overrun...... HOW ? you gonna mark your FEBA to drop the iron bombs without killing all friendlies on the ground....... easy preflight requires you to confirm proper weps loadout, to include wing mounted rockets WP is preferred because 1. produces alot of smoke 2. has a high kill ratio when contact with human skin... if it don't kill him, it makes him wish he was dead. As the mission commander, I would decline flying a mission without rockets ! i've said enough l8r