ATR 72 for X-Plane 10 (product released topic closed)

Hello,

I am really looking forward to see this aircraft out.

Hopefully there will be possibility to integrate it with my work - external HT1000 GNSS FMC simulation. Right now such connection is done via SIOC from opencockpits. This means usage of FSUIPC resp. XPUIPC. :-)

Therefore here is my big request: Please do not forget us - cockpit builders, make model interfacable to HW cockpits. Please, please. :-)

More about HT1000 GNSS simulation here: https://atrproject.wordpress.com/

BR

LiTinOveWeedle

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tom,

IF there will be a PMDG NGX for X-Plane it will take at least two years from now until it will be released. PMDG will have to do it from scratch and they have no experience in XP and the market is still quite small.

If you want full system modelling in an airliner you should have a look at the IXEG 737 classic project. Looks like they will do it all.

http://www.ixeg.net/blog

PS: I guess the XP-market is still too small compared to FSX to justify large investments into system-heavy PMDG-like airliners.

Actually PMDG is already working on this. They are converting their model to XP. I do not know how long it will be to the release. A guy from Aerosoft support told me he thinks the end of the year. But who believes that.

Of course I know IXEG and one of the developpers. This will be very nice I guess but it will take time to see a release.

Yes XP market is still small but it is alive FSX is like a big dino it will die cause there is no developping anymore. It is a titanic which will sink that is for sure. Itbis a real pitty but it is the truth, no software can survive if the developping is stopped. What do you think why Aerosoft put so much effort into XP, why is Aerosoft financing XP developpers conference at Mallorca - they and all software developpers need a living plattform to stay alive to.

But my post was more about new aircrafts for XP which are nice to look at but far away from what you can get for MSFS - and this as payware. Hmm who likes that should buy it.

Cheers Tom

• 3 months later...

Are there any news on the ATR/release? Project seems to be released "soon" for quite a while now - but nothing shows up.

Any serious problems or changes or just on a long "final"?

Thanks

Flo

Are there any news on the ATR/release? Project seems to be released "soon" for quite a while now - but nothing shows up.

Any serious problems or changes or just on a long "final"?

Well, according to a message in another forum McPhat just sent the finished plane to aerosoft.

After using XFMC I´m not anymore so interested in the ATR. Without a proper functioning FMC is the plane useless to me. I can abandon the proper function of the hydraulic system or electrical whatsoever but the FMC is THE system in a plane I can´t abandon.

• Aerosoft

mathijs would you conciter doing a atr 72 600 for fsx and p3d because the flight one aircraft was done 4 years ago and is just a old plane in my hanger now lol .

chadhittenberger

Mmmmm it's not on our list at this moment but who knows...

There are people who dont care about a "real FMC". This product is geared towards a more casual user, which I am part of. I find programming an FMC boring.

I have no asperations about being a real pilot. Been there.

I just want a realistic flying plane that looks detailed inside and out. This one fits the bill from what Ive seen in the preview shots.

• Aerosoft

And you wouldn´t be happy as this ATR for X-Plane do not have a "real" FMC.

Why would a customer not be happy with a product that does not simulate the aircraft systems very deeply? I can assure you that the best selling aircraft add-ons are not the most complex ones. They might get the most attention on forums, but that's perhaps 20% of our customer base. This is a product that has not yet been released and you say that a customer of a not even PLANNED future converted version will not be happy.

If someone is looking for a replacement of a plane with full functional FMC I assume that he also wants a full functional FMC inside the replacement.

And I was answering to Aidan Sandri who wrote

Will an FSX version be decided after the XP10 release? Would really like an updated ATR for FSX!

And I only know one ATR that is worth to be replaced for FSX and that is the Flight 1 ATR which have an FMC.

can assure you that the best selling aircraft add-ons are not the most complex ones. They might get the most attention on forums, but that's perhaps 20% of our customer base.

Probably you are right and that is somewhat sad :D (Just my opinion)

Best regards

Im not asking for a release date, but is there any chance of seeing the XP ATR before this weekend?

Im just trying to budget myself between this and another Addon I have my eye on.

Rob

Why won't this be for Fsx? I think the majorety of simmers are using Fsx.. Looks great btw,

Maybe McPhat is trying the X-plane market? And if more good addons come to XPX, more users will go over to it. Everything doesnt need to be in FSX, always. This time it is for X-plane..

The ATR72 was created as a project for X-Plane in the very first place, it is not trying the market but just following through to the final product, Aerosoft has wisely seen that it is a good product to support.

Archived