ATR 72 for X-Plane 10 (product released topic closed)

• Aerosoft

We are happy to announce that McPhat Studios 3D and Aerosoft have reached an agreement on the release of what will be one of the finest aircraft for X-Plane 10 this year. The ATR 72-500 has stunning looks as you can see in the images and a pretty solid set of simulated systems. The project is aimed at the medium/avanced simmers and will be in the mid range price category. As you can see in the images the development is well underway and we expect this project to be available in the next few months.

Features

• Accurate flight model (tested by an ATR 72-500 First Officer).
  • Highly detailed and fully animated exterior model (animated control surfaces, propellers, landing gear and main doors).
  • Highly detailed and fully animated 3d cockpit (animated levers, buttons, sunscreens,…).
  • HD textures with normal maps.
  • High frames per second.
  • Interior and exterior night lights.
  • Detailed passengers cabin.
  • Custom sounds.
  • Liveries available: American Eagle, FedEX Express , British Airways Connect, Airlinair-Air France, Alitalia Express, Iberia Air Nostrum, Binter, Air New Zealand,…

Systems:

• Navigation
  • Fire Protection
  • Fuel system (Fuel Temperature Indicator not simulated)
  • Power Plant (Condition Levers not fully functional; Hotel Mode not simulated)
  • Flight Controls
  • Flight Instruments
  • Automatic Flight Control System
  • Communications
  • Centralized Crew Alerting System (not fully simulated)
  • Landing Gear and Breaks (not fully simulated)
  • Electrical system (AC Wild not simulated)
  • Hydraulics
  • Pneumatics
  • Ice and rain protection
  • Flight Management System (X-Plane default FMS)

post-43-0-52674300-1327497794_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-49541100-1327497798_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-83046100-1327497801_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-82435400-1327497806_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-00126800-1327497811_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-97355900-1327497814_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-22004000-1327497819_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-47036600-1327497822_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-40887700-1327497832_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-27779900-1327497835_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-48681700-1327497838_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-56560300-1327497842_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-94454700-1327497846_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-47510100-1327497850_thumb.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good despite the fact that there will be no built in FMC. (I really don´t call the X-Plane standard FMC an FMC)

Will it be possible to connect the ATR with UFMC from Javier Cortes?

This looks very cool, so far. In the beginning, I heard a lot about the increased detail levels of planes for XP10, but so far my socks have not been knocked off.

Lets hope this plane imparts more impetus to the XP10 Aircraft market!

And hopefully some colorful paint-jobs! XP10 desperately needs bright colors! :P

Not sure if this has been asked before,...but would it be right for me to assume that developing add-ons for X-plane 10 is far more easier and quicker than for FSX? Not meaning to insult anybody, but with all due respect, it just seems as if add-ons for x-plane come out quicker.

Besides this I would definitely want to congratulate you guys for the excellent work! As always, keep it up!! :excellenttext_s:

The Flight1 version for FSX isn't too bad, you know., A little bit dated, but nice plane nevertheless. I fly it quite often...

I know I have it in my hangar, but I'm not flying it anymore. The virtual cockpit is just too outdated :(

Lol.. big lol... As far as I know there is no FSX version planned.

Yes, that's what I also thought when asking this question ;)

Honestly, I'd love to have a nice FSX ATR. I'm correct when thinking that it is not possible to merge the model from this one with the systems of the Flight1, correct?

Not sure if this has been asked before,...but would it be right for me to assume that developing add-ons for X-plane 10 is far more easier and quicker than for FSX? Not meaning to insult anybody, but with all due respect, it just seems as if add-ons for x-plane come out quicker.

At the moment they're coming out faster because the addon itself is (at least for sceneries) already developed and does only need a few modification to work in XP10

• Aerosoft
Not sure if this has been asked before,...but would it be right for me to assume that developing add-ons for X-plane 10 is far more easier and quicker than for FSX? Not meaning to insult anybody, but with all due respect, it just seems as if add-ons for x-plane come out quicker. Besides this I would definitely want to congratulate you guys for the excellent work! As always, keep it up!! :excellenttext_s:

It's different, not really more or less complex. I think the fact so many X-Plane projects are being done is that X-Plane 10 is really a big step forwards. Developers see that. Of course we play our own small part in that.

I'm not a X-plane user myself, but Aerosoft: You are my heroes because you have the guts and the visionary aspect to develop the FS community to the next level - be it X-pane, Prepar3D or Flight - I really don't care, as long as I see simming going from one level to a HIGHER level. You lead the way with this project. Not advanced or hardcore enough for me, but I think to really kick X-plane off, developers need the majority of simmers to take the jump to X-plane (or FLIGHT or what ever). And the majority of simmers are not me. The majority is the beer-drinking guy with a couple of hours to spare - like Mathijs so well put it in another thread. But once a platform is stable among a wide audience, it will encourage develepors to widen their products to also inlcude us really fanatics...

All glory to Aerosoft (and Mcphat guys)!

Mas

I invested much money on MSFS platform too, but i don't want to stay all of my life with FSX only. Looking forward with XP10! :)

Thanks McPhat Studios 3D and Aerosoft for this awesome project!

Sorry for my English.

Mathijs, I don't see how that might lead to a lost licence. It looks like a standard Khe San style approach. High descent rate initially true, the GPWS just doing what it is designed to. Not normal routine, but certainly no problem for the airframe.

Although with the 2 jumpseaters it did not look like revenue flight :)

A

Archived