Directed to outskirted small gates

Stankelben

With my Mega Airports I have a strange issue when I arrive with mediums and heavies - I'm always directed to some outskirted small gates!

I have a suspicion, that this perhaps is caused by my "Yes" to include static aircrafts along with all my Mega Airport installations - So that most of the more common and suitable gates are occupied by static aircrafts! (I also have MyTraffic X installed)

Could this be the reason? And if so, would there be a way to edit this without having to reinstall all my Mega airports from scratch?

Kind regards, Morten

Hello Morten,

You can set the type of parking you want in the aircraft.cfg

If you have AITraffic then you really dont want static aircraft installed too as these will use all your parking places up.

You could also end up with AI Traffic parked inside static aircraft.

Hello;

I see that you have My Traffic X installed,don't no if you've done this,but in the scenery folder inside of the My Traffic folder,look for the airport bgl file,and rename it for the add-on airport,you don't need to do this for the Fsx airports,just the add-on ones.I have plenty of airports,and its always someting with the AI planes parked wrong,and other strange occurances.Here's an example for you;BR2_AYPY.BGL,this is an airport for which I have some scenery for,after the .,remove the BGL,and type in the name of the airport,and it will look like-BR2_AYPY.Jacksons,save,hopefully this will help you.

Mark

Hello Morten,

You can set the type of parking you want in the aircraft.cfg

If you have AITraffic then you really dont want static aircraft installed too as these will use all your parking places up.

You could aslo end up with AI Traffic parked inside static aircraft.

Well, I tried out your advice and furthermore reinstalled one of the Mega Airports - this time without including static aircrafts.

However, with no success - I'm still directed to strange gates and cargo arrears!

Tonight I will then try Marks advice and see if this helps...

Check out the file <vip_fsx.zip> at the AVSIM Library (Download ID: 126946). It's a guide that shows how to create a reserved parking gate at any airport and have ATC direct you properly to that gate.

Check out the file <vip_fsx.zip> at the AVSIM Library (Download ID: 126946). It's a guide that shows how to create a reserved parking gate at any airport and have ATC direct you properly to that gate.

Thank you!

However I'm afraid I can't use this, because I only use addon aircrafts. In the beginning of the guide it says:

The procedure which is outlined in this document will work on the default FSX aircraft (and any repaints for them which you have added) only. It does not work with many third party aircraft because the developers have simply ported over FS2002/2004 aircraft and are using the old style .air files.

Also, it's not exactly a straight forward procedure....

Hello;

I see that you have My Traffic X installed,don't no if you've done this,but in the scenery folder inside of the My Traffic folder,look for the airport bgl file,and rename it for the add-on airport,you don't need to do this for the Fsx airports,just the add-on ones.I have plenty of airports,and its always someting with the AI planes parked wrong,and other strange occurances.Here's an example for you;BR2_AYPY.BGL,this is an airport for which I have some scenery for,after the .,remove the BGL,and type in the name of the airport,and it will look like-BR2_AYPY.Jacksons,save,hopefully this will help you.

Mark

Thanks, but nothing helps either way - when arriving at Mega Airport Madrid Barajas X (static aircrafts NOT included) I'm still and every time directed to the same "gate 101"..!! - in front of some sort of Spanish post office, or whatever!

Even though my FSC9 moving map tells me that there is PLENTY room all over the airport for medium aircrafts! - CS B767-300.

What the heck is going on?!

Thanks, but nothing helps either way - when arriving at Mega Airport Madrid Barajas X (static aircrafts NOT included) I'm still and every time directed to the same "gate 101"..!! - in front of some sort of Spanish post office, or whatever! Even though my FSC9 moving map tells me that there is PLENTY room all over the airport for medium aircrafts! - CS B767-300. What the heck is going on?!

You can add what type of parking you want to the aircraft.cfg

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

You can add what type of parking you want to the aircraft.cfg

http://msdn.microsof...y/cc526949.aspx

So I did a long time ago! I also flushed the memory cache for both aircraft and AI by "Aircraft reload" after adding atc_parking_types=GATES to the Aircraft.cfg - Nothing helps!

I even tried FSX's own standard B737-800 Boeing livery aircraft for Mega Airport Madrid Barajas X - no matter what, ATC still directs me to Cargo gates no. 100 and 101..!!

I can't think of anything else anymore - Something got to be generally wrong with the AFCAD design of the Mega airports.

Morten