Frame rates in Andras Field - Your input is needed!

OleAndreasen

I have talked with Andras and Mathijs about adding new stuff to Andras Field, and in that regard I would like to ask you guys about the frame rates you get in various parts of the Andras Field Scenery.

Are there parts where your frames drop considerably? IF - then please specify where.

What is your average framerate when landing/taking off in AF?

Its important so we can determine how much the scenery can be upgraded, and how... If you would like upgrades to AF then please take a minute or 10 to move around in AF and make a few notes.... then post the results here.

Thanks in advance.

I'll investigate later on and get back to you. What would be useful is an idiots guide to the scenery setings - along the lines of "if you change <FS scenery setting> then it changes <scenery effect>..." if you see what I mean. It would allow those of us with pCs that are struggling a bit to get the most out of Andras with the resources we have. Anyway, feedback later.

Ole, thinking about this, dont we need to prehaps make this a little more scientific, otherwise we leave ourselves open to a whole wide array of spurious results. Perhaps what we should request is average frames doing a circuit in the default C172 and then a specified addon. All at a set time of day with a fixed weather scenario. Food for thought, to help get more accurate results :)

My numbers. FSX windowed, settings as in the manual. FPS recorded with FSFK. Default C172 virtual cockpit, no weather.

AVG fps 25,65

AVG fps origin/flight/destination: 24,04 / 25,19 / 25,83

Framerate hit a low of 18 fps while taxiing around the airfield. AVG take off & landing around 24 - 25 fps.

Procedure: take off, circuit, land, taxi to the end of the runway, taxi all over the airfield, through the airpark, to the water ramp.

Kasper

• Upvote 1

Matt, I see your point, but I honestly don´t think it needs to be so tight. From what I see (and I don´t expect to get answers by the 100´s) we are talking about pretty good averag,e to high end systems and I see frames around 20 for the highend ones, and 15 for the slightly lower ones. I myself have a decent but 3 year old system with no "I" attached to the processor :help_s: , and I have frames around 12-15 in AF, so that is consistent with what I read here.

What I would like is if someones experience framerate drops in CERTAIN spots in the scenery, then to report it.

But Matt - please set up a more scientific poll if you want to, no problem with that from me... :big_boss_s:B)

• Deputy Sheriffs

With the default C172

Setting complexity and autogen

- dense around 30, but not recommended as a lot of stuff is not displayed

- very dense around 25

- extrem dense around 20

with more complex aircraft I got a loss between 10 and 15 fps. Worst result was around 5fps with the NGX.

So I would not vote for adding more stuff. Better would be to take care that, when lowering setting, some items (like the fountain) are showing completely or not at all, but not partially.

OK, had a tour around the field to see what frame rates I get. I selected the default C172, spot plane view from behind and slightly above. I moved from the active runway to all the defined parkng spots, getting the rates once they had stabilised each time. I got a pretty constant 11 to 14 frames per second with my scenery settings, which are less than the max. Switching to the VC view reduced these by about 2 fps. I have yet to fly a circuit to see what it does - will do so soon and report back....