FSX PBY-Catalina

henedu

Somehow I've screwed up my FSX, so had to re-install it; lucky succesful :)

Re-installing the Catalina went at first with no problems.

However, when selecting this plane, I seemed to have lost the 2D-cockpit panel/view !!

All I see is the apron in full screen :glare_s: ... is it not executing properly the xml-files ??

Anybody who can advise me ?

I'm using a desktop with W7 Ultimate SP1-32 bits, 4Gb memory and Nvidia GeForce 560Ti (1024Mb)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Everything installed/running as Administrator? Where did you install the FSX?

What happens, when you cycle through the different views?

yep, of course i installed it as admin;

all, really all other views work perfect....

i read somewhere that there is no 2d-cockpit view, but cannot find the article anymore; but that would explain all....

• Aerosoft

No 2D panels in that aircraft (internally we stopped doing them many years ago). We simply think they are not needed anymore and that they look ugly. They are replaced by viewpoints on the VC that give a far more realistic view of a panel.

From a personal viewpoint, I think the Catalina needs 2D panels least of all the aircraft I currently have installed in FSX. On a wide screen monitor, that low broad flightdeck and instrument panel seem to fit it perfectly.

well, "Root Admin", the manual shows clearly some pictures of the 2D-panel. Anyhow, a pitty that they omitted it...now it is a little bit more complicated for me to fly... <_<

• Aerosoft

well, "Root Admin", the manual shows clearly some pictures of the 2D-panel. Anyhow, a pitty that they omitted it...now it is a little bit more complicated for me to fly... <_<

No it does not show any 2d panels. That's all just viewpoints from the 3d panels. Just load the aircraft and press [a] to see them all.