What airports should i buy

francisco2

Hi i'd like some advice on what airports would you recommend me... I'll buy for sure lisbon airport because that's where i live.

I'll fly airliners, short and long haul, so i'd like some advice on airports wich are good, have challenging approaches and who aren't very heavy on FPS please.

Thanks

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Hi i'd like some advice on what airports would you recommend me... I'll buy for sure lisbon airport because that's where i live.

I'll fly airliners, short and long haul, so i'd like some advice on airports wich are good, have challenging approaches and who aren't very heavy on FPS please.

Thanks

Hi Francisco,

Welcome to Aerosoft forum! I'm glad to know that many portuguese simmers are appearing day after day :)

Likewise, Lisbon X is the best copy of Lisbon Portela International Airport for FS9 and FSX.

If you want challenge buy Madeira X when you can test your flight skills. Smooth approaches ... Mega Airport Range: Frankfurt, Munich, Paris CDG/Orly, London Heathrow ... Ah and don't forget Faro X to fly to Algarve ;)

But like Er!k ask on his post what is the system are you using and which sim: FS9/FSX/X-Plane 10?

Grande abraço,

You should buy them all. And I also have a surefire little investment opportunity in Nigeria...

Inane question without quantifying your system, your flying preferences, your sim and your level of perspicacity.

• Upvote 2

You should buy them all. And I also have a surefire little investment opportunity in Nigeria...

Inane question without quantifying your system, your flying preferences, your sim and your level of perspicacity.

Nigerian Blood Diamonds? :lolsign_s:

Depends also on the money you want to spend!

Nice and challenging approaches are Hongkong Kai Tak (VHHX), Madeira (LPMA), Gibraltar (LXGB), London City (EGLC), Innsbruck (LOWI), Cuzco (SPZU).

Ok sorry for the lack of information. I have a macbook pro (i know it isn't recommended for gaming but i need it for other stuff). It has a 2.7Ghz dual core intel i7, my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

i run Windows 7 32bits through bootcamp, i play on FSX SP 1 and 2 installed. I´m open to any price suggestions as long as it is worth. I´m thinking about buying 3 or 4 European airports (suggestions plz) and 3 or 4 around the world. Thanks for your help, please reply

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Ok sorry for the lack of information. I have a macbook pro (i know it isn't recommended for gaming but i need it for other stuff). It has a 2.7Ghz dual core intel i7, my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

i run Windows 7 32bits through bootcamp, i play on FSX SP 1 and 2 installed. I´m open to any price suggestions as long as it is worth. I´m thinking about buying 3 or 4 European airports (suggestions plz) and 3 or 4 around the world. Thanks for your help, please reply

Hi Francisco,

I am an user of Macbook Pro (Middle 2010) too. Several months ago I try to use FSX Acceleration running on Windows 7 64-bits through Apple Bootcamp but I can only reach 20 FPS on default scenery and aircraft. So to play it on a smooth way, form me, I preferred to play on MacBook Pro the FS9 (60 FPS including payware addons).

My system:

- Intel i7 2.7 GHz;

- 4GB RAM;

- Nvidia 330M 512MB;

- HD 500GB 7200RPM.

But if you want run it anyway I suggest you to buy Lisbon X (our hometown), Frankfurt X, Gibraltar X, Madrid X, Barcelona X ....

Challenge ? Madeira X, Innsbruck X, Gibraltar X ...

Um abraço

Maastricht-Aachen!

Never heard from that airport, but you already gave some great tips on that post about how to increase

fps so i'm going to search for more information on that airport.

Thanks for all the replys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cptawsom

I am resurrecting this topic, because the question is almost the same.

For the moment, I have the following aircraft, on FSX:

- Airbus X (I will buy the v2 when it gets out)

- PMDG 747-400X (and 8i extension)

- PMDG 737NGX (and 700/600 extension)

And from sceneries (airports), I only have FlyTampa Athens (as I live in Athens).

I am looking for your advice to buy one (or two max) airports that are large, with at least two runways very near or at 4km length, and with double or triple jetways to serve large aircraft (B747, A380) on two doors simultaneously (or even three, with an upper deck door), when I enable full AES on them.

I would like one of these airports based in Europe, and the other one in the Asian Pacific region.

I was thinking about Aerosoft's Mega Frankfurt X (for Europe), and ImagineSim's Singapore Changi (for Asia-Pacific).

Of course, your suggestions would be welcome. Bear in mind, that I want the multiple jetways (double or triple, per aircraft).

PS: Is there a good A380 payware addon plane out there, for FSX? And by "good", I mean at least as good as Airbus X, but with non-buggy FBW implementation, and with SIDs and STARs?

If you need an airport with at least two runways that limits the amount of sceneries, but of course there's plenty of airports left. I believe all the Mega Airports got at least two runways (Heathrow, Oslo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Paris Orly, Frankfurt, Munich, Zurich, Vienna, Budapest, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon) but I'm sure the choice is not limited to that. Besides, what do you need multiple runways for? You can only land at one runway at a time.

Sorry to say that I cannot advise you about Eastern Asia since I never fly there.

At the time there's no good A380 out there. Best (or should I say, less worst) is perhaps the Wilco A380, but it's far from good.

At the time there's no good A380 out there. Best (or should I say, less worst) is perhaps the Wilco A380, but it's far from good.

Totally agree, wilco's a380 is far from good... whenever i want to fly with the a380 i use PA's A380, with the cockpit of an a340...

Guest cptawsom
PS: Is there a good A380 payware addon plane out there, for FSX? And by "good", I mean at least as good as Airbus X, but with non-buggy FBW implementation, and with SIDs and STARs?

So, no good A380.

What about an A330 (or A340)?

I am resurrecting this topic, because the question is almost the same.

For the moment, I have the following aircraft, on FSX:

- Airbus X (I will buy the v2 when it gets out)

- PMDG 747-400X (and 8i extension)

- PMDG 737NGX (and 700/600 extension)

And from sceneries (airports), I only have FlyTampa Athens (as I live in Athens).

I am looking for your advice to buy one (or two max) airports that are large, with at least two runways very near or at 4km length, and with double or triple jetways to serve large aircraft (B747, A380) on two doors simultaneously (or even three, with an upper deck door), when I enable full AES on them.

I would like one of these airports based in Europe, and the other one in the Asian Pacific region.

I was thinking about Aerosoft's Mega Frankfurt X (for Europe), and ImagineSim's Singapore Changi (for Asia-Pacific).

Of course, your suggestions would be welcome. Bear in mind, that I want the multiple jetways (double or triple, per aircraft).

just dont buy frankfurt at this time, there is an update/upgrade incoming soon.

Well i think i have allready decided what i'll buy:

1. Lisbon (my hometown)
  2. Zurich 2012, i like it's design, location and size
  3. Madeira X, close to lisbon, challenging approach
  4. (Maybe) Faro X, it allows short flights for me to start my first VATSIM flights.
  5. Innsbruck, to fly from Zurich to that famous and challenging airport

Then, when i have bought those, i'm still thinking if i'll buy frankfurt, heathrow and Gibraltar (or) Nice.

Any thoughts?

About Faro, maybe this isn't the best thing to say on the Aerosoft forums, but besides Aerosoft Faro X there also is another payware scenery around for this airport. In my personal opinion, that other scenery is just slightly better than Aerosoft's. Not much difference tough, just a little bit. That other developer also has a scenery for Porto and for some of the Azores so you can fly within Portugal.

Furthermore I like all of your choices!