Prepar3d

pride545

• Aerosoft

Let's say it is being looked at.

We love Prepar3D but Oliver and his great team will need some help from Lockheed Martin because their code interacts so closely with the core sim. So they need to be able to be sure any of the changes in the code (and we hope there will be many) do not break what they do. The good news is that Lockheed Martin is just cool. Very nice guys.

• Upvote 2

• Developer

I could not say that, but we just start to evaluate, if it is possible and if Lookheed will be keeping the base to implement the needed modules.

EDIT: Mathijs was a half second faster :)

Oliver and his great team

Now that's good news to me which I don't think I knew about. I thought Oliver works on his own all the time.

I also belived getting some team help he could AES even more airports and do everything even faster! So now... ;)

• Developer

Now that's good news to me which I don't think I knew about. I thought Oliver works on his own all the time.

I also belived getting some team help he could AES even more airports and do everything even faster! So now... ;)

Lol, "great" not means "big", he refers to Maurizio in this case, very important team member for the prepar3D project. Without him, no AES in p3D :)

The good news is that Lockheed Martin is just cool. Very nice guys.

Could you talk a little about the price for this sim with them then? ;)

I'd love to use it, but surely not for 500$!

Ok

I cannot understand that. As long as I have read, Pepar3D is not a simulator for the masses with this price an the moment at least.

Why you are supporting that at first, will this be a simulator only for some users which can pay that, what about the other, the rest I don't think they or will pay for it. Thats confuses me!

And my greatest worry is about the future of FS, about yours AFS, MFlight etc... bad news everywhere!

• Aerosoft

I'm not sure what a 'simulator for the masses' is, but you only pay $9,95 a month for Prepar3D and I think that a very low price, it's what many online games ask per month and they got millions of users.They call it a 'developers' version, but they love 'normal' people to use that option. Now our average customer uses FS for about 30 hours a month, so that makes $0.33 an hour.

Ok

I think the word I have used "masses" is a little bit out of theme, I probably should have used "a simulator for the hard core simmers", maybe!

Anyway, the calculation are ok but why should be at that trip after all!

Is it us the product target for Prepar3D, it seems not! Maybe aircraft companies etc, after all its at product description which leaves a common user out of it.

If and or a product with a cost of 499$ makes sense at all, the future will tell. I think the bottom line is what the user can buy and not what the user can or will rent.

Its not car for a weekend, if you know what I mean!

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I think its great that your looking into supporting P3D, P3D is now my sim of choice. As to if FSX users are the "target base" or not, AES for P3D gives Aerosoft an opportunity to increase their customer base by offering this product to both FSX and P3D users, it doesn't matter if you and or myself are the target base. An Increased target audience (FSX & P3D) could mean additional AES sales.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

That's newz ...

Posted Today , 03:51 PM

A lot of flightsimmers have been checking out Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D because it basically is FSX on steroids. While Microsoft might have stopped with the development of ‘serious’ simulators, Lockheed Martin bought the rights to FSX and kept on perfecting it. Prepar3D is faster, less buggy and offers some additional functions compared to FSX. But up to this moment it was very expensive and only for professionals. Not any longer as there is now an Academic version that is only $49 and available for everybody. Yeah!

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Shaun Fletcher

http://forum.aerosof...__fromsearch__1

• Developer

Have they drop the idea of 10$ ever month or what? 49$ for the standard simulations like FSX/FS9, is that how it is?

The 9,.90$ per month is now only for developers, who need access to the developer network. For non professional users the add the "Students" Version, which you get for one time payment of 49.90$, that's less then the FSX has cost at the beginning.

Guest Gonçalo Carvalho

Is there any difference between the three versions:

- P3D Professional $199

- P3D Developer $9.90 per month

- P3D Academic $49.90

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Just bumpint this back up to the top - I wonder if there is any news on this front now that a month/6 weeks have passed?

I can see in the error message that AES generates (2.22) that it doesn't lke the P3D G3D.dll - the original one from Microsoft is signed with version details and so on - where (although newer) the P3D one is not signed, nor does it have any version information.

I suppose you could try and replace it (temporarily) to see if it gets you any further, but I fully understand the need to make sure that everything is compatible at a lower level.

So..... waiting patiently for some news on this one, let's hope for the best!

Cheers

James Gillies