Frankfurt-Hahn X (topic closed, product released)

Guest Tiziana Krüger

• Aerosoft

A status update (sorry if this annoys some people)....

We just had a new build and it seems the new installer and online activation that will be used for this project works exactly as it should. The scenery files were already released by the Quality Control department. The problem was with the activation. This is a very touchy topic and we can not afford to mess up. The version I tested last week had a few issue that now seems to be fixed. It's a very smooth process where the whole Launcher is only used for offline activations. You only insert your email and serial one time, click install and it should all work.

This weekend it will be tested by a few dozen people (mostly to see if there are issues with firewalls etc) and I think we'll be ready with the release early next week if nothing new is found. We used Hahn for this seriously long testing process because it is a relatively small projects and fully done internally. If we would have used code from an external developer we would never have delayed the release and would have moved to the old system.

• Upvote 5

Mathijs, the last Aerosoft product that I purchased (Friedrichshafen airport) was extremely easy to activate. I don't see how activating a product can be any easier than that. I curious to see how you will be managing it with Hahn. I'm really looking forward to this.

Mathijs, the last Aerosoft product that I purchased (Friedrichshafen airport) was extremely easy to activate. I don't see how activating a product can be any easier than that. I curious to see how you will be managing it with Hahn. I'm really looking forward to this.

That makes the product extremely vulnerable...

The main issue with this release is the fact we are going to use our new installer/protection with it. The new system makes the launcher optional and makes the installation and activation one process. So no longer you will be asked to enter your serial twice etc.

Hello Mathijs,

does this mean that entering your serial number for coming add-ons is limited? I mean, I can't wait for Frankfurt-Hahn release, but I'm planning a migration to a new PC in the future... that's why I'm asking. Thanks a lot...

Hello Markito,

we still ll have the same limit as the Launcher does, but as with the Launcher if you reached your 3 activation on 3 diffrent computers - feel free to contact us and we restet your activations.

Greets

Fabian

It's very kind of you. Some developer charge a "management fee" for resetting the limit LOL

• Aerosoft

Hello ca177,

well at last you also have the option to reset it with the Launcher (beside the email us option).

This wont be in our new activation, but you still can use the Launcher to restet your activation before "build a new system".

Greets

Fabian

To expand on that.

The limitations are intended to stop piracy and never to stop real customers. Now any protection is a pain in the neck, but it is inevitable in this day and age. Certainly if we want to start producing software for countries where piracy makes it near impossible to produce for now.

But I assure you that we'll never ask money to use a product you already paid for.

• Upvote 2

To expand on that. The limitations are intended to stop piracy and never to stop real customers. Now any protection is a pain in the neck, but it is inevitable in this day and age. Certainly if we want to start producing software for countries where piracy makes it near impossible to produce for now. But I assure you that we'll never ask money to use a product you already paid for.

As long as it CAN stop piracy, or at least protect the product, then the wait is deserving. We pay for what we get, that's justice. We fully support your move to combat those thieves.

• Upvote 1

As long as it CAN stop piracy, or at least protect the product, then the wait is deserving. We pay for what we get, that's justice. We fully support your move to combat those thieves.

I totally agree on that...

• Upvote 1

You wont have to do much more with Hahn then in Friedrichshafen ;)!

Let me say it that way.

Only internet connection is needed for that easy way.

We ll still support the Offline activation.

Greets

Fabian

• Upvote 2

Hello Markito,

we still ll have the same limit as the Launcher does, but as with the Launcher if you reached your 3 activation on 3 diffrent computers - feel free to contact us and we restet your activations.

Greets

Fabian

Thanks for the information, Fabian... :excellenttext_s:

Lets just stick with the old installer. IMHO piracy will still be there. As long as Aerosoft will have customers who can afford to spend hundreds or thousands of euross with them , they will be ok.We all know where to find free stuff and so, but i never got one of those stuff .i'd rather buy my own copy because you guys produce high quality products. But Claiming to STOP Piracy on this internet thing is jut impossible.

• Upvote 1

Next week should be a plausible release date.

Well, that's exactly what is posted every week since 4 weeks now. Instead of always saying 'next week'- when everyone is waiting, waiting, checking homepage every few hours, they should just state: We got unexpected problems, so no date release now, we will inform you when there is a fixed release date you can count on. Everyone would know what's up and understand. But not 'next week', 'last tests, next week' etc..

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

+2

All personal Aerosoft partied at Carnival this week and not working ... :ph34r:

( Also , Krakow Balice X available since this saturday ... but not for Aerosoft Customer ... :flame_s: )

Monday afternoon indeed. Tuesday morning was also slow btw.

About Krakow, I'll check that out tomorrow.

About Hahn, I understand this all looks not brilliant, but for us Hahn is a ideal project to be the first with the new installer because it is one of the smallest internal projects. So when it's a big cockpup the problems are limited. This means we got two developmenht processes running on this, one for the scenery and one for the installer. Now we ran into some bad luck with issues overlapping. These are still being sorted out.

Now clearly it is not easy on some people to know it is close but not yet available. Certainly as we honestly thought three times it was done and posted that. However as we always said, if you do not want to learn about how development goes and when we think a product will be released, just do not read it and wait for the products to appear in the shop. It will be easy to see because it will be in the frontpages, the 'Released' forum, newsletters, facebook etc.

I am at this moment testing out a new option for the forum that makes specific forums inaccesable. So if you have problems with the information we give on this forum we can make it invisible for you on request.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, wouldnt it be far easier to just bar the members found to constantly be moaning about release dates etc from the previews forum? Being reliant on a members self control is is like Simon becoming the next president of the EU :lol:

I wonder how that would work out, it would certainly be an interesting social experiment :glare_s:

• Upvote 2

Do not take customers hostage please ... it's not our fault or error if you announced too soon to close to release the project, ...

And I think you have also a possibility for delete this error message on the forum ... " close to release " if the tag appears early versus your project...

O.K. Mathis you are speak about your news installer instantly, thanks ... but I think all customers never imagine this new installer request more and more weeks for release ... and never people read information about this new installer came before this ...disorder

Personally, I care little ... I have a lot to play with another airport ... but I understand the customers who moaned ... with every days hope see if the product are released ... I understand that's ...

Thank you if you are looking for Krakow tomorow ...

( and sory for my English, that's not my speak and that's a little bit difficult for me for sharing my judgment )

• Deputy Sheriffs

I fail to see why it is so extremely important to some people to have immediately what is announced.

I am not referring specifically to this thread, it is a plague all over the forums.

Come on guys, it's a game add-on, get a life!

It's like little kids in a toy-shop, screaming and rolling on the ground when they don't get immediately what they want. ^_^

When it's ready, it's ready, and no doubt you will hear about it from Aerosoft through all channels they can find.

Constantly whining about the release date does not help a thing, it's only annoying to the normal readers of the preview forum.

Mathijs is right, when you can't handle it, don't look.

Instead, please start your simulator and enjoy all your other great add-ons from Aerosoft, like the ones you where whining over last year and were miserable without. :P

• Upvote 3

Come on guys, it's a game add-on, get a life!

It's like little kids in a toys-shop, screaming and rolling on the ground when they don't get immediately what they want. ^_^

Instead, please start your simulator and enjoy all your other great add-ons from Aerosoft, like the ones you where whining over last year. :P

You are right Eric, ...