US Air Force 20th TASS (around 1972)

I like to lot also. Well received news on the progress. Hope you guys have the time to consider making your GPS a popup. Not necessarily a 2d popup, but only there when needed or wanted. Thanks.

Ray

• Upvote 1

The military versions come, when we keep the glareshield/gunsight area in focus, pretty originally. There will be no 3d GPS in them, as it was in reality....

When i understood that right, there was some map case centered above the glareshield and beside the hardpoint manipulation panels....

Do the pilots use oxygen masks when ferrying or flying high? The pics I've seen of the columbian AF OV10 crew on airliners.net show then sporting the mask with their helmet.

The military versions come, when we keep the glareshield/gunsight area in focus, pretty originally. There will be no 3d GPS in them, as it was in reality....

When i understood that right, there was some map case centered above the glareshield and beside the hardpoint manipulation panels....

This is correct, BUT you can substitute this map case for any avionics your heart desires, originallt it was a deep glove box style with no door.. your papers lay in it, with a downward decline front to rear... wasn't much of a box though... good for cookie toss when trying an immelman.. and those were not "hardpoint manipulation panels" they were Mark 4 weapons selection panels

Pardon my "civilist style" lol...yeah Mark 4 panels.

Were they backlighted? And i think the suncover could be closed completely, so not randomly to drop bombs already on the home base runway by hectic..?

No they were not backlit, they were just standard eliptic covers over ge904 bulbs, and NO suncover, your safety was switch "CENTER' safe, switch "UP OR DOWN" away... switch positioning was covered in the pre-flight checklist, you could not arm the switch without command authority, AND your were over your ops area, this is one of the reasons you were given a 7 channel listen 1 channel talk radio. also you will notice the Mk4 Pod system, arming was done via 1 set of selectors, to drop or jettison "safe" was on another I have been looking thru my albums I have some photos. but i am afraid you don't have time to wait for them.. I have been sick the last few days forgive me. Also notice the date and shipment number broncoint.jpg

P.S. The photo is from Col. Chuck Burris Commanding Officer VMO-2 MCAS Camp Pendleton, Ca (Yuma, AZ) so now you know the first shipment and it's destination. (notice the plastivue cover on the canopy). also I almost forgot to let you know after the first 25 shipped the rest came with sunshaded overhead canopy. also take note of the grease pencil markings on the canopy. :coffee_s::chairfall_s:

Hi Ddeuce!

Do you have access to a sharp image of the reflected target reticle when the gunsight is powered up?

Cheers

Stefan

The only existing image I know of is the one I mailed to Mr. KOK, it was just a polaroid made on a nite-op, you have to understand, what I did back then could have got me courtmartialed. But it was taken for my personal archieve. Let me know if you if you want a copy John :bow_down2_s:

gunsightd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p.s. It was just sharp enough to give you an idea of what it looked like. I sent another copy to FINN. I figured you would have had this completed by now. If you can't get the photo from FINN or Mr. KOK im me an email to send it to you, in the meantime here is the one I created for "Piglets" Bronco. the colors from the reostat went from green-white to solid green

Thanks DDeuce! I will try to recreate that also lightly optically distorted, as it would have passing the reflective combiner glas one time, and being reflected and enlarged from top lens/mirror.

I guess the light green tick comes with clear filter, while i will use the red one i think for our version.