US Cities: Detroit

wow - I never fly in the US, but this i very nice - beautifully made I think... Good job again Aerosoft.

Makes me wonder though - and this is not a request, but more of a notion of mine: I've never seen these types of scenerys (whole cities and surrounding area) made for Europe (a few islands in the medeterrainian sea maybe), is this because of lack of interest? I find it interesting if the simmers in say US compared to EU have different patterns in their consumption of add-ons?

Again - not a request but just wondering ;)

Mas

Makes me wonder though - and this is not a request, but more of a notion of mine: I've never seen these types of scenerys (whole cities and surrounding area) made for Europe

Hi mas618!

Try looking at the Aerosoft "VFR London" it's done very much like the "US Cities", but I would also like to see more European Cities done in that way like Paris for instance,

anyway! congratulations Aerosoft it looks great!

mjordan.

• Aerosoft

wow - I never fly in the US, but this i very nice - beautifully made I think... Good job again Aerosoft.

Makes me wonder though - and this is not a request, but more of a notion of mine: I've never seen these types of scenerys (whole cities and surrounding area) made for Europe (a few islands in the medeterrainian sea maybe), is this because of lack of interest? I find it interesting if the simmers in say US compared to EU have different patterns in their consumption of add-ons?

Again - not a request but just wondering ;)

Mas

It's more a question of availability. These US Cities projects are based on existing work that we (or rather Limesim) licenses and converts for FSX. I think projects like this will work for Europe as well but we do not have access to them.

I have a couple of the Limesim offerings but I have stopped buying them due to the lack of seasonal/night textures. I thought I would never buy one again but...

THEY DID THE D. :clapping_s:

I can clearly see the building where I work in the shot of Ford Field. I will buy this one without hesitation.

I can't believe they actually did Detroit. No one ever does anything in Detroit and when they did, it is usually a half hearted effort that becomes an instant did upon release.

And yes, I would pay more for 4 season and night textures. I'm not sure why Limesim thinks people won't. Not having these texture is the main reason people don't buy these products. For the most part, people are not going to buy every US Cities title - they are going to buy scenery for their hometown or their favorite vacation spot. People spend extra money fixing up their favorite areas. For me, I'll buy virtually anything released for Detroit or Cancun, MX. Not doing 4 seasons or night textures for Detroit is like leaving money on the table.

• Aerosoft

I have a couple of the Limesim offerings but I have stopped buying them due to the lack of seasonal/night textures. I thought I would never buy one again but...

THEY DID THE D. :clapping_s:

I can clearly see the building where I work in the shot of Ford Field. I will buy this one without hesitation.

I can't believe they actually did Detroit. No one ever does anything in Detroit and when they did, it is usually a half hearted effort that becomes an instant did upon release.

And yes, I would pay more for 4 season and night textures. I'm not sure why Limesim thinks people won't. Not having these texture is the main reason people don't buy these products. For the most part, people are not going to buy every US Cities title - they are going to buy scenery for their hometown or their favorite vacation spot. People spend extra money fixing up their favorite areas. For me, I'll buy virtually anything released for Detroit or Cancun, MX. Not doing 4 seasons or night textures for Detroit is like leaving money on the table.

We would be leaving money on the table for your sale, but as adding seasons and nigh textures would mean months of work and a rather stiff increase in the price we rather loose the sale to you then loose the sale to the majority of people.

As explained a few times, we can offer this for this price because these projects are based on files that are bought and then converted. Still costs serious time, but to do night textures and season textures for the whole project simply means at least 3 times the amount of work. We would never sell it as it would mean we would never make any profit on it. It also means a much larger file thus increasing the hosting costs etc.

For Las Vegas we made an exception, as VFR night flying over Las Vegas is just very cool. Without saying anything bad about Detroit (love the city, always have), it's a lot more exciting them night VFR over Detroit.

Nice! Is there any airport in the scenery for which is an addon available? Mega Airport Detroit or something?

Sunskyjet (well known for their fantastic freeware scenery of Philadelphia airport) is working on KDTW Detroit Metro. I think that's VERY good news for everyone who is interested in this hub.

Thanks Mathijs.

Yes, I understand the reason. I just know what I hear at AVSIM every time a Limesim product is discussed. BTW, Vegas is one of my other favorite places but I didn't buy the US Cities product until the night textures were released. Vegas, however, doesn't need seasonal textures. I am sure you are right with your opinion on price points but Detroit with night and seasonal textures - you would be shocked at what I would pay. I didn't post a price on Facebook because my wife would see it and beat me senseless.

Anyway, as an urban planner working in the City of Detroit and a FS enthusiast, I am looking forward to installing this. While the seasonal/night textures are a negative, you still have my money with at least this US Cities product.

Maybe we can get some love for phoenix, san diego next; airports in those cities are of close proximity to town centers; making it worthwhile to have an add-on city...

US cities San diego in combination with Socal Megascenery and Megascenery Phoenix with US cities Phoenix and the new flightbeam Skyharbor. Would be really cool.

It's more a question of availability. These US Cities projects are based on existing work that we (or rather Limesim) licenses and converts for FSX. I think projects like this will work for Europe as well but we do not have access to them.

Ahh - ok. That makes perfect sense. Thx for clearing that up!

@ M Jordan

Haven't seen that title - I'll be sure to check it out ;) Even though I'm tube rider, so I don't do much VFR ;)

Mas

Hi mas618

believe me flying over London is far more interesting than those dark tunnels of the Tube! I come from the border of London (just the other side of Heathrow) and VFR London is excellent, another city to check out is the Aerosoft Venice.

I fly mostly in Europe but the US Cities allows me to explore new places so I'm looking forward to Detroit (I think enyone who loves flying has that exploring bug!)

Mathijs, is there any chance of Limesim doing Paris or Berlin? (there is a VFR Berlin for FS2004)

M Jordan

US cities San diego in combination with Socal Megascenery and Megascenery Phoenix with US cities Phoenix and the new flightbeam Skyharbor. Would be really cool.

San Diego is very likely but first we do something slightly bigger to the north... :)

Bests,

Sascha