Please help with goflight's GF-TQ6

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

Hi there,

I've been searching and trying many tips here to get my goflight throttle to work with the Airbus to no avail. I have the latest v1.22 installed.

I'm trying to see if there are any other tips I could try and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'd really love to fly this Bus, the visuals are stunning but so far I haven't been able to get it of the ground.

I have assigned all axis via FSUIPC, not through FSX and while I now get the throttles to respond, they idle at around 40% N1, which makes for a nice adventure taxiing.

I also haven't been able to assign reverse thrust through FSUIPC for my GF-TQ6, this was simply a no-go, nothing happend.

I'm really desperate to get this going as I really like this bus.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Pete

I5-2500K OC4.2 GHZ

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ DDR3

GIGABYTE Z68X-UD4-B3 INTEL Z68

XTREMEGEAR 950 WATT POWER SUPPLY

ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND

NVIDIA GTX 570 1.2 GB

ASETEK 570LX 240MM WATERCOOLER

750GB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM

2TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM

WIN7 HOME PREMIUM 64

Thanks for your help Shaun, I did use the config tool and it appears my axis are detected properly.

The only two problems I have are:

1) "high" idle N1 at around 41% (I'm not sure this is normal for an Airbus, but please correct me if I'm wrong)

2) I can't activate reverse thrust (neither F2 nor a button assignment appears to work). If I press and hold F2 it appears it wants to activate reverse thrust for a second and then throttle back to idle immediately. This happens continuously, it's like it's throttling very quickly and repeatedly from reverse back to idle, but never to a full reverse. I'm sorry, I don't know how else to explan it ;-)

I have a feeling the two issues are related and maybe the Bus won't let me activate reverse thrust because my idle N1 is to high, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Pete

EDITED FOR UPDATE:

Thanks Shaun. Tried it, but unfortunately with the same results. I just completely uninstalled the Bus, reinstalled it and now my reverse thrust works, as well as spoilers and flaps (all assigned via FSUIPC).

Throttle is now correctly at idle, BUT throttle levers don't move at all.

BTW, I'm starting FSX with the default Cessna 172.

Cheers,

Pete

EDITED FOR UPDATE:

Thanks Shaun. Tried it, but unfortunately with the same results. I just completely uninstalled the Bus, reinstalled it and now my reverse thrust works, as well as spoilers and flaps (all assigned via FSUIPC).

Throttle is now correctly at idle, BUT throttle levers don't move at all.

BTW, I'm starting FSX with the default Cessna 172.

Cheers,

Pete

Have you assigned the throttle via the FSX default assignemnet for the axis. If the throttle doesn't wotk after that then you have another controller using the same axis so when you try to move it the other one centers it back to idle immediately.

Its because as far as i remember Goflight device GF-TQ6 dosent work like other devices where you can assign whit the default options in FSX as it uses the GF driver to assigne i also had some problems but whit FSUIPC it works as i also remember. (its like whit the ELITE device or any other device where they use driver to even run the device as far as i remember the GF device also cant be assigned from windows (cant say 100% but i mean it isent on the list))