US Marines VMO-1 1966 model

Most excellent. Thanks for posting the early look. Those external stores will give it the look of the real thing. I like the direction you guys are going with more and more realism and listening to the users.

I would hope that I was looking at that last screenshot from behind a very large tree. Awesome.

Ray

Hi Skyhawk!

The armed forces not made a consistent art out of their liveries it seems. The Aerosoft Bronco X Marines livery was also done by photo reference, in detail by the book FAMOUS AIRPLANES OF THE WORLD, ISSUE 45/1993/3, page 66.

It was published by BUNRINDO Co. LTD. There all those special markings werent painted on the aircraft, nor was the wing painted in plain white color. I guess the photo you posted comes from a later date.

Stefan....being the aircraft researcher that I am.....for almost 30 years.....I think the overall green wing was an oddity......as to the dual whips.....here ya go...so never say never....it was very common on the USMC aircraft.

1280px-OV-10A_VMO-1_1982.JPEG

Hi Skyhawk!

The armed forces not made a consistent art out of their liveries it seems. The Aerosoft Bronco X Marines livery was also done by photo reference, in detail by the book FAMOUS AIRPLANES OF THE WORLD, ISSUE 45/1993/3, page 66.

It was published by BUNRINDO Co. LTD. There all those special markings werent painted on the aircraft, nor was the wing painted in plain white color. I guess the photo you posted comes from a later date.

Stefan,

Are you working on a Navy livery from this reference book? I think dduece may be the best reference of all. ha.

Ray

There are lots of good reference books for paint schemes. Nothing better than real photos with real pilots and ground crews in the photo. This one is filled with them in action.

Pg4.jpg

Pg3.jpg

Pg2-1.jpg

pg1-1.jpg

Ray

I posted here previously somewhere that PAINT schemes in color were given to command authority only however individual paint was up to the descretion of the unit command, this is why you see so so many different schemes from the Marines to the Air Force. The USN wanted the Bronco due to it's implied carrier capability. The Air Force was never sure of WHAT to do with the Bronco... The Marines were slobbering all over themselves BECAUSE of the Bronco's capability in CAS operations which was proven in the battle over hill 28, and the "A" shau valley. and it was VMO-2 that had the "White Wing" on top with a black and white checkerboard port and starboard. this was to assist the "fast Movers" (Jets) in finding the FAC from above, so they would not drop a surprise on his head. another little fact for you, Bronco pilots did not have a knee board so to say, their just was no time or space for one, If the driver received a coordinate call for assistance or whatever, the CANOPY served as a hell of a chalkboard, except the chalk was a grease pencil, IF you ever goto NAS Pensacola, and look close at the bird they have on display you can still see where LtCdr Dave Wenchel used green grease pencil on his port side.

SKYHAWK: Yep, i see the double antennas there, however this is the first i encounter on a marine version. Im not sure if im going to paint this next days, but with the paintkits delivered you should be pretty fast in doing one.

Basicly you only have to drop in color there and new labels if you want. Soft shadows, dirt, rivets etc...will be in separated adjustable layers. So everyone will be able to tune the look up to the pixel...

Currently i model and texture the changes for the military cockpit version (gunsight, some additional glareshield panels), so not wonder when it becomes a bit calmer for some days. But maybe some WIP images will be posted...

After that payload (weapons, tanks) so there is still something to do!

• Aerosoft

There are lots of good reference books for paint schemes. Nothing better than real photos with real pilots and ground crews in the photo. This one is filled with them in action.

Ray

This is very simular to discussions we have for nearly any project about aircraft like this. We'll never claim to make one specific aircraft, it will always be a mix of models, modifications, paints etc. If that sometimes means we add something that we think looks very cool or something that depicts the whole range of aircraft better we will think about it for a moment and then do it.

Stefan thanks for the good responce. Again.....as AEROSOFT has been completely open with the fact of how they are doing thier models up front so I have to respect that. I would like to know this....will the weapons loads be changable? I was wondering if we will have the ability to select between the two common types of centerline fuel tank.....this is most important to me as I was lookin at the USAF model thatshots were just posted of and I think I can use that one for USMC versions other than the towel rack below the cockpit.,,,,it might be another option for my paints. As to the paint work you are doing....very nice work and I can't wait to put my paint on them with your kit.

• Aerosoft

Stefan thanks for the good responce. Again.....as AEROSOFT has been completely open with the fact of how they are doing thier models up front so I have to respect that. I would like to know this....will the weapons loads be changable? I was wondering if we will have the ability to select between the two common types of centerline fuel tank.....this is most important to me as I was lookin at the USAF model thatshots were just posted of and I think I can use that one for USMC versions other than the towel rack below the cockpit.,,,,it might be another option for my paints. As to the paint work you are doing....very nice work and I can't wait to put my paint on them with your kit.

We decided not to use a tool to allow the changing of externals. It's technically not hard but it almost certainly means having to loads a module in FSX on startup (so even if you do not want to use the Bronco). I know many other devs do not have a problem with that but we always try to leave FSX alone. It will not be a major problem to make a new version with the laod you want after release.

It will not be a major problem to make a new version with the laod you want after release.

I like this.....that would be cool. I really only have one loadout that I'm looking for....one with either type of centline tank (Im assuming you are going to do the early style USMC type fuel tank, but they also flew later on with the USAF style fu8el tank)......the rest of the pylons are clean, and also clean aircraft with no load.

By the time I got to them in the mid 80's the paint scheme had more or less stabilized to either the all green or the green/black/grey cammo scheme. I'm still pushing for the D model.............

To do all those paints would take me longer than I have left on this planet... probably have to write you some IOU's... But if the good folks here would post a poll and number those repaints, I will do the ones with the most votes... Please Mr. KOK do not do the 20mm bird.... it was a joke.... and it ended that way... jammed all the time. :help_s::eyepop_s:

After we see what is actually in the new release, and see the paint kit, we can maybe divide up the repaints among a half dozen good painters and not overload dduece.

Ray