Some quick video looks at Microsoft Flight

First impression is of a smoother FSX. Second is that there is more detail, and maybe more than first meets the eye overall. Jury is still out, though from the comments, it seems that some hard-core simmers may already be up in arms.

Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7igmfzQH40&feature=related

I think this is excellent news.

Microsoft Flight as a prettied-up, dumbed-down toy as a lead-in trainer to a proper simulator?

Might spare us from a small army of retards who can't read manuals, ask stupid questions. ask those same stupid questions again, and then want to fly their biplane at Mach 1. Of course that does imply that such a proper simulator exists - FSX cant go on forever with its hardware limitations so mebbe it's Prepar3d, or X-Plane, or RoF,

I haven't seen anything thus far that would sway me to the Flight cause (having not been seven years old or wanting to earn medals for flying through `power-ups` to earn extra credits for several decades and noting that I'm bored by the end of every promo vid I've seen so far) - but if it helps keep the incompetent away from the incontinent

(well, none of us real simmers is getting any younger... :big_boss_s: )

then bring it on... :excellenttext_s:

Well, I am beta testing, and I have to say....... it's fun. That's probably going to be blasphemy on the enthusiast sites, but Microsoft seems to have done a good job of making a friendly and open interface (Are you listening XP10?!) and missions that will draw newcomers into the fold with a smile, rather then slapping them up beside the head with a 200 page rule book. (And a Linux-like techies-only interface that will make them scream and run for the hills)

I favor the goal of growing the hobby. So that those add-ons that simulate realistic toilet flush at 20,000 feet sell to more than 100 people. :unsure:

After finally trying the beta, I feel that MS is not nearly as far off the mark as the grumbling on some sites had been leading me to believe.

Wait a bit. I think even some here will find it a guilty pleasure, and even at worse, an introduction to the concepts, for their children.