FSDreamTeam LAX

DMacAir1

I really don't care if it's 5 or even 90 credits, I just hope to see it added sooner rather than later. Same for KMIA.

I miss the days when an add-on would be released and AES compatibility would follow within a week or 2 weeks tops; it's very slow these days.

• Upvote 1

I miss the days when an add-on would be released and AES compatibility would follow within a week or 2 weeks tops; it's very slow these days.

Remeber the days when a scenery was released and AES didn't exist?

• Developer

Yes I do. AES is a great product. But I can say that production speed has slowed a ton in the last couple of years. There's no denying that.

Sorry, but maybe it is only related to your personal focus of Airports.

AES supports 350 Airports in 5 year, so that are 70 a year, in the last 12 Month 75 Airports was added to AES, that is more then the average.

And, beside this we had done a big step forward with Version 2.20 in the basecode too.

And that some airports could not be delivered 5 minutes after they are released by the developers is based on the situation, that only in some less cases I get the airports before the release, mostly I need to wait for a first fix before I can start.

btw: KLAX is done and now I am working at KMIA, some days was needed to prepare the jetways I got, now I have over 250 gatepositions to prepare, that needs time.

• Upvote 7

Oliver,

Any chance to release LAX separately as you did with LSZH?

PS. I again apologies for this persistency of LAX's request, but this scenery is very important for US Simmers - perhaps the same way as EGLL and EDDF important for our european colleagues.

• Developer

sasp, as always. The airport will be part of the next release, Zürich was an update for an existing airport, that is different, but here to much parts are involved, so it is only in a released version possible.

• Upvote 1

AES supports 350 Airports in 5 year, so that are 70 a year, in the last 12 Month 75 Airports was added to AES, that is more then the average.

And, beside this we had done a big step forward with Version 2.20 in the basecode too.

And that some airports could not be delivered 5 minutes after they are released by the developers is based on the situation, that only in some less cases I get the airports before the release, mostly I need to wait for a first fix before I can start.

btw: KLAX is done and now I am working at KMIA, some days was needed to prepare the jetways I got, now I have over 250 gatepositions to prepare, that needs time.

Good to know KLAX and KMIA are on the way. Credit card at the ready for a new credit pack.

As for the speed, it is true that I may focus a bit much on the number of airports rather than the quality of the product. 2.20 is a HUGE step forward in overall quality.

It's interesting what you say about having to wait for a first fix, I remember this being the case with KSFO from Flightbeam. So many times airports are released with too many issues that are fixed (about a month or two after you payed) with SPs.

LOL Kinda sounds like your annoyed with them. I love your work! Man. You always keep all the AES customers (except PIRATES-sutpid people) on the edge of our seats! I just cant wait for AES NG though. I also cant wait to switch to FSX on my new computer that il be getting in about 4.5 months. I have a question that il start a new thread about though.

• 2 weeks later...