FSC9 Database Manager won't recognize Aerosoft Mega Airports

Stankelben

Although all my wonderful Aerosoft Mega Airports are present in FSX, FSC9's Database Manager (and FSCFSXCFG.exe) apparently won't recognize several issues, as for instance the ILS Frequencies for Mega Airport Frankfurt!

First I though there was something wrong with the Mega Airports themselves (sorry!!), but then when I finally tried FSX's own map and AivalaSoft all the data turned out to be correct!!

Knowing that FSC use the Scenery.cfg in the FSX root directory in order to build up its database, I then decided to check out the Scenery.cfg.

It turned out that most of the Aerosoft Mega airports was actually missing in the the Scenery.cfg..!! Although they're fully present in the FSX library!!

How can that be..?!!

In order to solve this mystery, should I then perhaps do a reinstall of all the Mega Airports...or should I manually add these airports to the Scenery.cfg inside the FSX library..??!!

/Morten

• Deputy Sheriffs

Morten, you were looking at the wrong scenery.cfg, you'll find the correct file here.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

If you're running FSX and FSC on the same machine, there is no need to deal with the FSCFSXCFG.exe. This one is only needed, when running FSC on a networked PC under Win7.

But this is all covered in the manual

If youre system is set up correctly, FSCs database manager will automatically find the correct path and update the database.

Hello Morten,

Some of the airports AFCADs are held in a different location than the actual scenery folders.

Can you please make sure that you have the following folder added to the scenery library.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Afd

Also make sure this is towards the top of the scenery library in FSX.

Microsoft has certainly turned FSX into a mess by putting the same Scenery.cfg 3 different places in Win7..!:

I was, however, aware of these places:

B:\FSX

C:\Users\Morten\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

...BUT... certainly not aware of this third place:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

...Crazy!!

1. Anyway to be on the safe side, I now I took a copy of the latest saved Scenery.cfg and pasted into all 3 places, overwriting the old ones!!

2. Ran FSCFSXCFG.exe (even though hardly necessary after doing the previous procedure)

3. Ran the Database Manager.

...A waste of time! - The Frankfurt ILS frequencies are still the old wrong ones in FS9

What I absolutely don't understand here, is the fact that everything shows up completely correct in both FSX own map and in EFB.

In fact EFB only uses 3% of the the time that FS9 use for updating it's database. Unfortunately though, I can't use EFB, because of it's horrible interface. You'll simply crash your plane while trying to navigate through this messy application (They know about this at EFB and there's a version 2 on it's way)

When I look at the FSC9 Database Manager while it's running, it jumps over all "Frankfurt" incidents throughout the process - whereas it seems to read perfectly all the other airports from Aerosoft..!!

Heres is the relevant data from the Scenery.cfg that FSC8 and 9 for mysterious reasons can't cope with:

[Area.147]

Title=Mega Airport London Heathrow

Local=Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow

Layer=147

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.148]

Title=Mega Airport Madrid Barajas

Local=Aerosoft\Madrid Barajas 2008

Layer=148

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.149]

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt_LC

Local=B:\FSX\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt_LC

Layer=149

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.150]

Title=German Airports 2_LC

Local=aerosoft\German Airports 2_LC

Layer=150

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.151]

Title=Mega Airport Munich

Local=B:\FSX\aerosoft\Mega Airport Munich

Layer=151

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.152]

Title=Mega Airport Frankfurt

Local=B:\FSX\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt

Layer=152

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.153]

Title=German Airports 2

Local=aerosoft\German Airports 2

Layer=153

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.154]

Title=AerosoftAFD

Local=B:\FSX\aerosoft\Afd

Layer=154

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Kind regards, Morten

• Deputy Sheriffs
1. Anyway to be on the safe side, I now I took a copy of the latest saved Scenery.cfg and pasted into all 3 places, overwriting the old ones!!
Bad idea!

2. Ran FSCFSXCFG.exe (even though hardly necessary after doing the previous procedure)
Not necessary, see my first post!!!

B:\FSX ???? Very unusual and this could be the reason for your problems

In fact EFB only uses 3% of the the time that FS9 use for updating it's database. Unfortunately though, I can't use EFB, because of it's horrible interface. You'll simply crash your plane while trying to navigate through this messy application (They know about this at EFB and there's a version 2 on it's way)
Also run EFB and takes as long as FSC to read the data and I never experienced a crash with this excellent application.

So I'm really wondering what you are doing. :confused_s:

Otto

Bad idea!

Maybe, but why?

B:\FSX ???? Very unusual and this could be the reason for your problems

NO..!! Not unusual..! Recommended by NickN and very useful!

Also run EFB and takes as long as FSC to read the data...

With the newest patch it takes exactly as long as I described!

Does anyone have some constructive ideas of what is going wrong for me here, please?

All has now been solved through kind guidance from Volker Heine/FSC - It turned out to be caused by a wrong mapped drive on the client computer, which made it hard for the DatabaseManager to read correct scenery data from the sever computer.

Morten