FSC9 - FSX won't recognize flightplan

Stankelben

I create a route from EKCH-LEMD in FSC 9.1. I save as (it saves into the correct flight plans folder). I go to FSX, I click on flights / flight planner / load / and then I double click on the file creates in FP9.1. When I do this, it takes me to the flight planner screen. Nothing has loaded. 1- Choose departure is empty / 2- Choose destination is empty / in the bottom left corner "OK" is greyed out...... It is as if no plans have been loaded. What am I doing wrong? I assumed you made a plan in FSC9.1 saved it as a (FSC and) FSX file it showed up in the FSX folder and I would elect it and it would load up in FSX. But, it does not do this. I am doing something wrong. I have read this part of the manuel and I am still lost.... Sorry to bother, but I need some help

I create a route from EKCH-LEMD in FSC 9.1. I save as (it saves into the correct flight plans folder). I go to FSX, I click on flights / flight planner / load / and then I double click on the file creates in FP9.1.

Are you running FSC with administrator rights? Also, you do not need to double click the file, just highlight it and select Load, in the next dialog box asking if you want to position your aircraft select No. As Otto suggested, attach the flight plan and we can attempt to load it.

EDITED @ 10:14. It seems that FSX and other FMC's like CS 767 does not like loading FSX flight plans with SID/STAR's and/or Transitions in. Why, I don't know? Will have to play around a bit more when I get time to narrow it down to which of the three it does not like.

Hi James A and hi Otto,

the user has sent this post as an e-mail with an attached flight plan to me.

The type of the flight plan shows me, that the savings settings are wrong.

The FSCommander flight plan was saved into the FSX folder.

In other words, the path for FSX included the path of the FSC and vice versa.

I'm still waiting for his confirmation.

Thank you both for your support.

Regards,

Volker

Thanks for that Volker. Will have to check my settings again as I made the flight plan this morning but it would not load either into FSX or CS 767. Have deleted the SID/STAR and Transition, saved it with a new name and it loaded. With that, I'm assuming that my path's are correct but will double check when I get chance latter tonight. It may well be an issue with the SID/STAR or Transition inclusion and I'm using the latest AIRAC Cycle from Navigraph (downloaded this morning).

Thanks for feedback, gentlemen!

Everything has now been SOLVED!

It turned out to be, that I mistakenly through my wrong FSC9 savings, chose a FSC9 format file, instead of a FSX format file to load into the FSX Flight Plan..!! :)