AES Killer....

So, some of you might already know incase some of you didn't I'll say this.

FSDreamTeam or Virtuali is developing GSX (Ground Service X) and its said that it will work on any airports. (EVEN default airports, payware or freeware) I think you only have to purchase the program once, and you can fully enjoy it. And everyone is calling it the AES killer... It seriously looks pretty darn amazing. Again unlike AES, you don't have to own any payware scenery addons or even any addons, you don't purchas credits, no tokens, or anything.

CHECK out some previews on youtube:

preview1 - Ground services+people animations

preview2 - Catering

preview3 - Pushback Truck

preview4 - Marshaller

Looks great, but at the same time I am not sure about that, AES is AES and at least for me, AES have long life and with the time will have new features like in the new version (2.20d) and maybe new beautiful features. The support from Oliver and Aerosoft are excellent. Support from FsDreamTeam I don t know if are good :/

So, some of you might already know incase some of you didn't I'll say this.

FSDreamTeam or Virtuali is developing GSX (Ground Service X) and its said that it will work on any airports. (EVEN default airports, payware or freeware) I think you only have to purchase the program once, and you can fully enjoy it. And everyone is calling it the AES killer... It seriously looks pretty darn amazing. Again unlike AES, you don't have to own any payware scenery addons or even any addons, you don't purchas credits, no tokens, or anything.

CHECK out some previews on youtube:

preview1 - Ground services+people animations

preview2 - Catering

preview3 - Pushback Truck

preview4 - Marshaller

Additionally, although GSX will be amazing, jetways, the rear entry stairs and the front cargo doors do not seem to be included, as well as the jetways for payware sceneries. I also do not know about the precise and changeable parameters of an aircraft.

I am an AES guy. I love FSDT but GSX is not an AES killer. The only thing is it works at airports where AES can't. And as it is FSX only, i'll NEVER will wind up using it anyway...

...and GSX people walk funny!! LOL!

• Developer

And everyone is calling it the AES killer...

I think, the most FS Users are more realistic to know, that some preview videos and annoucements of the developers are not the best base to make a final statement about a product and even not such a big one like "Killer.."

As FSDT will normaly have a test feature, when it there product is available, everybody can check if all will be fulfilled and all features they expect will work there. Then they will make there decision, what is the best for there requirements. And I think there will be a lot of questions open... we will see.

And Apples iphone is and will be always the original one, even if there are several asiatic copy's available ;)

• Upvote 2

...and GSX people walk funny!! LOL!

For the first five years, the AES marshaller basically moonwalked, you never laughed at that. ;)

And the way they look and walk is an FSX limitation, and has nothing to do with GSX.

• Developer

And the way they look and walk is an FSX limitation, and has nothing to do with GSX.

Make a hotkey for this sentence, you will need it more often in future :lol:

• Upvote 2

you also need to be running FSX

What is FSX? :lazy_s:

Oliver does not have to worry!

Contrary to what Mathijs would like to believe (lol), there is a really big group of us, FS9ers, who will support AES (and more quality FS9 addons) for a long time to come.

Especially that the great enhancements are coming - new animations, new vehicles, new staff, etc. Feels like a second love (towards AES) now!

• Upvote 3

Contrary to what Mathijs would like to believe (lol), there is a really big group of us, FS9ers, who will support AES (and more quality FS9 addons) for a long time to come.

Especially that the great enhancements are coming - new animations, new vehicles, new staff, etc. Feels like a second love (towards AES) now!

hehe....+1 Yes no worry. AES is getting better and better. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Ahhh, au contraire mon ami (heck I hope I got that right otherwise my daughter will skin me), for the big airports the market for FS2004 is very much alive as you can clearly see by the fact that all our big airports are FSX and FS2004. And AES is instrumental for that success.

And of course I follow this 'AES Killer'. But until I see it work on a complex airport without all kinds of conflicts where objects overlap and cars drive into buildings I remain skeptical. I mean there IS a reason AES only works on the airport that are meticulously worked on by Oliver. And if there would be hundreds of big airports not covered it might make sense. But that's just not the case.

Besides, Oliver is competitive. And one hell of developer. Bring it on.

• Upvote 3

For the first five years, the AES marshaller basically moonwalked, you never laughed at that. ;)

That's because back in the day when I was a ramp agent we used to moonwalk out there too.

And awww poor FSX limitations....boohoohoo... :mecry_s:

Ahhh, au contraire mon ami (heck I hope I got that right otherwise my daughter will skin me), for the big airports the market for FS2004 is very much alive as you can clearly see by the fact that all our big airports are FSX and FS2004. And AES is instrumental for that success.

And of course I follow this 'AES Killer'. But until I see it work on a complex airport without all kinds of conflicts where objects overlap and cars drive into buildings I remain skeptical. I mean there IS a reason AES only works on the airport that are meticulously worked on by Oliver. And if there would be hundreds of big airports not covered it might make sense. But that's just not the case.

Besides, Oliver is competitive. And one hell of developer. Bring it on.

Just please keep releasing FS9 airports!! And I am very sorry Trondheim Vaernes and Oslo missed: "the big airports the market for FS2004"

Oliver, keep up the damn good work!!!

Just please keep releasing FS9 airports!! And I am very sorry Trondheim Vaernes and Oslo missed: "the big airports the market for FS2004"

Oliver, keep up the damn good work!!!

The two Norwegian airports you mention, is because the developer of those airports don't like FS9

Yes, it's a shame :-(

Oliver is (...) one hell of developer

One of the best I've ever known! :clapping_s:

And I've been with MFS since FS 4.0 (more than 20 years now).

Yes, it's a shame

Of course it is. I would love to purchase a quality Oslo for FS9.

But if someone doesn't want my money, I won't force him to take it. :P

Once again, one sim platform market will eventually die when more new and new ones release with more features. One day, fsx with die and so will flight; the pattern repeats it self over and over. There is no control over it..... :byesad_s: (Also, fs9 users should pickup fsx, some of you have awsome pcs so trust me you won't regret it)

fs9 users should pickup fsx, some of you have awsome pcs so trust me you won't regret it

Some of us have tried it or even have it installed but just prefer FS9. ;)

But of course let it be an AES thread, nothing like FS9vsFSXvsFlightvsWhatever.

• Upvote 1

I'll probably buy GSX but that doesn't mean I will stop buying AES credits. For the airports that AES can't get to, GSX will be a nice addition.

There are two criticisms of AES that you see on the forums.

1. It is not available at every airport. The answer to that is it would be impossible to deliver the customization provided by AES at every airport. I can't wait to see how GSX handles pushback out of tight spaces.

2. AES animation and vehicles are outdated. The answer to this is simple - look at 2.20d.

I have said it before - there is room for both products and I will probably use both. In fact, I may want to use elements of each program at the same airport. I hope Oliver and Umberto can work together to make sure that is doable.