Problem with screenshots

Emi

Hello,

I have a problem with doing screenshots. For christmas I got a new screen and to now it works perfectly togeather with my old one, just with one exeption.

I'm often doing some screenshots while flying, but since I got the new monitor I have a problem.

My monitors are using 2 different outputs from the same graphicscard (A GTX460 from nVidia). The old screen is the main screen (where the taskbar and everything is) and the new bigger monitor is the one the flightsim is running on. No problems so far with that setup.

The problem appears when I want to make a screenshot. It seems the flightsim is only making a shoot of the part of the sim which is on the old screen (which is actually only black, because there is no sim on this screen) and a little part of the new screen.

I have found out that the black part + the part of the colored one are exactly becoming the size of the new monitor on which my FS is running. In other words: 1680px (the black part) + (1920px-1680px=240px -> the part of the actual simulator). My old screen is exactly 1680px large, so I think the sim's screenshot function doesn't know that the sim is on the 2nd monitor.

Does anybody know how to solve that problem?

Regards

Emi

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think you 're running FSX in windowed mode and moved the FSX window to the 2nd screen. As FSX itself doesn't know anthing abot 2 monitors, the built in screenshot function takes only the main monitor.

Solution could be to use an external screenshot tool like this one. It is free (there is also a payware version) and very usefull. But I have to admit, I never used it with FSX, as I run FSX always in fullscreen mode.