AES 2.20d: Bugreports post her

OPabst

Hi, Oliver.

This is my first posting here.

Fix4 is :excellenttext_s:

Fix3 didn't push back my PMDG MD-11 at KBOS. After "Release the parking brakes", nothing happened.

But Fix4 DID push back my MD-11!!

Thank you for your great job!! :bow_down2_s:

Kozmic Elly from RJTT (Oh, it's 4:00 am!)

Hallo Mr. Pabst

First I'd like to say that the moving bus drivers and the catering workers are very nice! This adds a lot more life to the whole simulation and the ground ops. Go on like this, and it will even better.

However the Lavaratory and Water supply truck may needs a little bit more configuration possibilitys from the user to fit to any aircraft I think. For instance the truck stops at the right position under a MD11 however the platform which should help the driver to plug in the water pipes is moving to much upwards and moves inside the plane. Maybe you can find a solution for this truck. ;)

Best regards,

Jonathan

Oliver, the catering animation seems to be stuck in a constant loop, going back and forth and never ending. ;)

Yes ... and I think the boys are very nervous ... just little more slow please ... :glare_s: ... I have never seen a man working in an airport as fast... :coffee_s:

Thank you Oliver for this update, I like also the light on the stair ...< ;)

rm4giiueqos.jpg

mctcsvhhym9x.jpg

I like also the light on the stair

Wow, a nice touch and a great catch, nevetrek.

I haven't noticed that myself. thumbsup2.gif

AES is going a very fine way now. I'm looking forward to seeing more and more features.

As I stayed with FS9 and the competitive product will not be for me, I am very happy about AES further development.

I have tried VHHX (Kia Tak) and Tampa (KTPA). When I get parked and stop engines and the jetway or stairs are in place, i press CTRL+SHIFT+W The menu flashes and then I get what is shown in the picture. I have 2.20D installed. I made sure by re-inatalling before trying it!

post-28841-0-65343600-1325491777_thumb.j

• Developer

I have tried VHHX (Kia Tak) and Tampa (KTPA). When I get parked and stop engines and the jetway or stairs are in place, i press CTRL+SHIFT+W The menu flashes and then I get what is shown in the picture. I have 2.20D installed. I made sure by re-inatalling before trying it!

Please read here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/51445-aes-faq-please-read-before-post/page__view__findpost__p__349099

Hi,

Thanks for version 2.20D.

I have the same Issue than Ely (Post#2), but with V2.20D Pushback stops after "Please release parking brakes"...... in EDDK gate F3 PMDG MD-11 Ge

I have to say i use Radar contact and I am under FSX W7 64.

I have to say: Only occurs with no-bar-towing-car. Maybe it help

Thanks for help.

Pierre

It looks superb! I will be back from my hols tomorrow.... I can't wait to try it out. :excellenttext_s:

IM getting this problem with sound. I got my computer set up for a 5.1 output so i can great sound for FS2004. Now i get announment bugs. I had it in Fix 3 and and 4. When i press "F5" after boarding is done, it says "Deboarding finished. Aircraft Empty." ???? Now i cant make money!!! lol. Besides that, im getting sound dropped from the jetway and vehicals when the FS camera is more than 20 feet away from the vehicals and about 100 feet from the jetway. Maybe it could be my computer or the FS9 5.1 issue. In the past i have gotten it to work with all 5 of my speakers but now it uses 3.1 channel. Im trying to get the back speakers to work again with FS9 even though its a 2.1 sound setup for the simulator. FYI: I got the Logitech X540 5.1 70 watt system.

I really enjoyed!

Now I'm waiting for the final version!

Thank etheir looks like QWSim or PSS. QWsim needs to support my VRinsight M-panel so i can start flying it again... Its getting really annoying having to fly the Skyspirit Delta Boeing 767 for a substitute...

Thank you Oliver

Hi,

Thanks for version 2.20D.

I have the same Issue than Ely (Post#2), but with V2.20D Pushback stops after "Please release parking brakes"...... in EDDK gate F3 PMDG MD-11 Ge

I have to say i use Radar contact and I am under FSX W7 64.

I have to say: Only occurs with no-bar-towing-car. Maybe it help

Thanks for help.

Pierre

Sorry, I have CTD one time on three after tested the fixes proposed.

So I must go back to AES 1.14.

Pierre

Looking really nice now. I like the drivers in the pushback tractor and the catering truck - are we going to see drivers in the other vehicles too? That would be really neat.

I found a few issues I thought I'd mention:

-> On arrival I do not hear the expected "welcome, blocks in position" message when I arrive from a non-AES airport (that might be a coincidence). I hear all the pushback and startup messages just fine. Is there still some problem with the sound module?

-> The catering truck operator moves far too fast! I think it is because the ramp agent keeps looking at his watch really often and it's making him nervous? Also, when he pushes his cart through the aircraft door, could you animate him to stoop down a bit?? On many aircraft the service door is slightly lower (smaller) than the main door and in this case the operator hits his head on the top of the door each time!

-> About the fuel cart: It looks like it parked a really long way from the wing... Is there a future plan to define the position that the fuel goes with the AES Help application?

-> About the ramp agent: I would also like to vote for the agent having a big jacket in northern climates / winter! I know that you said 'it was always like this before and nobody said anything', but then we didn't imagine that such a change was possible. Now we know that it is (and we like it)

Cheers,

Geoff

I found an interesting point related to the speed of the animation... I guess you know this happens, but I just realised the reason I was getting fast animations was that I had more than one active view window! With more view windows open, I see the animations run too fast. With only one active view, the speed looks good (although he still bangs his head on the door). All good, but I guess this will be a problem for those who set up their FS over many screens..?

Geoff

• Developer

I found an interesting point related to the speed of the animation... I guess you know this happens, but I just realised the reason I was getting fast animations was that I had more than one active view window! With more view windows open, I see the animations run too fast. With only one active view, the speed looks good (although he still bangs his head on the door). All good, but I guess this will be a problem for those who set up their FS over many screens..?

Geoff

Good point. I forgot to block the calculation for inactive FS windows.

Attached you find a replacement to fix it. Just unzip the File to the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY folder and replace the older files.

Also for users with sound issues, please try this fix, the sounds are change again, maybe it helps. Please try with or without the "Maximum" checked in the Soundconfiguration of AESConfig.

File replace 1/5/2012 9:25h, was the wrong file include, please try again!

Hi,

Thanks for the fix - the sound issue is solved and I now hear the expected messages. However, when I have more than one FS window open the catering operator still runs back and forth like a madman so that issue is not fixed. (The speed seems to scale with the number of windows so with 10 it was really funny!).

Thanks,

Geoff

• Developer

Thanks for the fix - the sound issue is solved and I now hear the expected messages. However, when I have more than one FS window open the catering operator still runs back and forth like a madman so that issue is not fixed. (The speed seems to scale with the number of windows so with 10 it was really funny!).

Sorry, it was to early yesterday, I include the wrong bgl file in the zip, please download the file again from the post above, now it should fix the "speedy" Caterer.

I don't know whether is my computer giving up on me, like usually does when going through too many menus in-flight, etc... but I was at Vienna LOWW with the Project A380 France, and I requested push back to depart and as I was drooling looking at the tug truck, it did drove to the front of the plane and then my computer got stuck.... again it could be that is my computer.

Also does anybody noticed that sometimes when you request push back and as you are being pushed by the tug truck, your plane and the tug truck started to jump of the ground as you move backwards?