Poor performance in Anchorage X

Dig

I recently purchased Anchorage X for FSX. The scenery is great in detail but I found a poor performance in some conditions, making it nearly unusable in some situations.

Specifically, a few days ago I was flying with very bad weather, poor visibility and heavy rain and FPS dropped below 5 fps. I understand it is an environment and harsh conditions and it is natural to lose some fps, but I never had a drop in performance as in other scenerys.

My computer has a 3.4 GHz i7 processor, 6 GB of RAM, Nvidia Asus GTX 560 1GB and a dedicated hard disk(7,200 RPM) for FSX. I have to do some more tests with different settings, but I was very surprised by the performance drop with this particular scenery.

Any suggestions? Are you planning to release an update with some optimizations?

A greeting.

I have a similar spec pc to yours but have a 2Gb video card and with most of my sliders over to max (95%) I get 15 to 20+ fps in that area. If I was flying a Heli I would tend to drop the settings slightly to up the frame rate for stability. Other than that all I can suggest is you play around with your settings.

James, what level of autogen normally use?

It also has a NVIDIA 560 GTX graphics card? What driver version do you use?. I currently use version 275.33. The last two versions gave me some problems.

Any special parameter in fsx.cfg?

I have to do some more tests, but maybe some of these things can be the difference.

The 15 to 20 fps you mention also have to bad weather or clear skies?

Greetings.

I have Autogen Max'd out. Confusion on the video card, mine is AMD Radion HD6900 Series (latest drivers) and using 3 x Dell P2210HD(Digital) Monitors at 1920x1080x32.. The only sliders I don't use are Aviation traffic - all 3 sliders on 0% and Land & sea traffic are on 25% each.

Can't recall if I have ever done any tweaking of the fsx.cfg file. I use REX Weather on all flights so whatever the weather is on the day I use it.

If you have cars enabled they seriously hit fps, so I suggest turning those off if they are on. Also, what aircraft are you using? If this is in the default 172 THEN you've got problems, but if it is in a PMDG or Captain Sim it's a different story.....I have about the same system as you and I take a hit using complex aircraft in bad weather, though I've never been down to 5 fps, and all sliders maxed, 30% Airline and 25% GA with MyTraffic Pro, but, I still get around 10-15 on final approach for either of the 7's or 14 as opposed to 25-30 in the Katana or anything from Carenado.

Who is this directed at dmbusmc???? A proper name would assist in your signature rather than d=dumb m=me b=believes u=you and I woulnt go into the other 3 as I will get booted by mathijs :chairfall_s:

Who is this directed at dmbusmc???? A proper name would assist in your signature rather than d=dumb m=me b=believes u=you and I woulnt go into the other 3 as I will get booted by mathijs :chairfall_s:

Well, it was for Ignacio, the beginner of this thread. I would have thought that was obvious, seeing as you, James A, don't seem to be having any issue. Sorry for any mix up. I'll give you a hint on the last four, stand for United States Marine Corps. Perhaps you're familiar? :D

I'll give you a hint on the last four, stand for United States Marine Corps. Perhaps you're familiar? :D

Should have picked that one up, obvious, senior moment and my humble apologies. Worked with them on a few occasions way back.....

Should have picked that one up, obvious, senior moment and my humble apologies. Worked with them on a few occasions way back.....

Hey, no apologies necessary, and no offense taken, it actually cracked me up :cheers_s:

Ok, after some adjustments seem to have gotten a little better performance. Now, with a cowl I'm above 10 fps with bad weather conditions.

One last question that I have encountered. When I select the Airport (PANC), when I accept the name that appears in the location is "Lake Hood Strip". Based on the sample images, the airport is displayed correctly, but I find it a bit strange this behavior in the selection menus. What you also will happen?.

Then I leave two screenshots so you can see what I mean.

Image 1. Select the airport PANC.

snap1bi.jpg

Image 2. In the location I get "Lake Hood Strip" instead of "Stevens Anchorage Int".

snap2ua.jpg

Greetings and Happy New Year!

One last question that I have encountered. When I select the Airport (PANC), when I accept the name that appears in the location is "Lake Hood Strip". Based on the sample images, the airport is displayed correctly, but I find it a bit strange this behavior in the selection menus. What you also will happen?.

Hey Ignacio, it's normal, it has happened to me. It's actually in another thread as well. It's harmless, what I do is just reselect the spot again and it switches over. The only thing that can happen, but only happened once to me, ATC directed me to Lake Hood's runway 13 from a PANC parking spot, but that was before I did the re-selecting trick. Hasn't happened since.

Ok, after some adjustments seem to have gotten a little better performance. Now, with a cowl I'm above 10 fps with bad weather conditions.

Then I leave two screenshots so you can see what I mean.

Image 1. Select the airport PANC.

Image 2. In the location I get "Lake Hood Strip" instead of "Stevens Anchorage Int".

Greetings and Happy New Year!

This is also mentioned in the manual.

Ok, you're right Shaun. My fault for not looking at me carefully the manual.

I usually read manuals, but sometimes a few chapters to directly (usually settings) and you miss other more quicklythan it should. I do not happen again again.

Thanks for your patience with us.

Regards