Problem with Nice X and Stuttgard X: building missing

fulcrum_64th

Dear Support,

I have a series of aerosoft airports: Zurich, Munich, Bacelona, Stuttgart and Nice. After having lost all the buildings in Stuttgart, I have reinstalled the airport. After the installating , Stuttgart building are still missing and now also the Nice buildings. All other airport are fine.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Fulcrum

My FSX setup -

Hardware;

intel i7 x980 at 3.33 Ghz

Nvidia GeForce 580

TripleHead2Go Digital edition with 3 screens x 1920x1080

16 GB Ram

Saitek proflight yoke, throttle and rudder

Software:

Win7x64

FSX + Acceleration

ASE + Ezdok + SB4 + a few sceneries

Lot's of PMDG planes + a few others

FPS limiter

Hi Otto,

The problem seems to be that Suttgart and Nice might interfere with each other ?? Initially had Nice and no problem. Installed Stuttgart and it deleted the buildings in Nice ! Re-installed Nice and got it to work. That must have messed up in turn the buildings in Stuttgart! Twillight zone!

That's pretty much it :(

Any ideas ?

Regards

Fulcrum

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have both and don't have any problems. Can you post the order (screenhot) of your scenery library?

Oh and maybe you can attach your scenery.cfg file

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but your screenshot is far to small to see anything and you posted the wrong file (the one from the FSX directory). The needed (and used by FSX) file can be found here:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg"

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm, can't see anything strange. Maybe you can try to put Stuttgart above Nice.

What else?

- under win7 it is not recommended to install FSX and its addons under the default directory "c:\program files (x86)...."

- intstall and run always as Administrator

- maybe one of your freeware sceneries influences the other sceneries

- what version of the Launcher are you using and where is it installed?

I am hopeless :(. Ok let's see

- under win7 it is not recommended to install FSX and its addons under the default directory "c:\program files (x86)...." : I have it installed under c/FSX

- intstall and run always as Administrator: am doing so

- maybe one of your freeware sceneries influences the other sceneries: the problem was happening before having those

- I am using launcher version 1.1.0 (the latest one) and it's installed in c/Aerosoft/launcher etc...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, got no other idea then uninstall both sceneries, remove remaining folders (if so) install again or install FSX from scratch.

If it still doesn't work, contact Aerosofts support, refering to this topic.

I am hopeless :(. Ok let's see - under win7 it is not recommended to install FSX and its addons under the default directory "c:\program files (x86)...." : I have it installed under c/FSX - intstall and run always as Administrator: am doing so - maybe one of your freeware sceneries influences the other sceneries: the problem was happening before having those - I am using launcher version 1.1.0 (the latest one) and it's installed in c/Aerosoft/launcher etc...

Check the scenery folder and see if any of the files has the extension .blob on them

Check the scenery folder and see if any of the files has the extension .blob on them

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your help. I have de-installed Stuttgart and reinstall Nice at least to have Nice working. Yes in Nice scenery folder there is a lot of .blob files.

Regards

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your help. I have de-installed Stuttgart and reinstall Nice at least to have Nice working. Yes in Nice scenery folder there is a lot of .blob files.

Regards

Un-install the scenery and then delete the Nice folder so nothing exists then re-install, if using Vista/7 run the installer by right clicking on it and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Hi Shaun,

Nice is working well (I did as you said). I then tried again to re-install Stuttgart (I have a boxed version). I made sure I run the installer as administrator. At the end of the installation he runs the launcher: despite having the latest version i.e. 1.1.0.0, stuttgart starts (or overwrites it) with version 1.0.5.0 ! No buildings in stuttgart and the Nice building again disapears !

Best

Hi Shaun,

Nice is working well (I did as you said). I then tried again to re-install Stuttgart (I have a boxed version). I made sure I run the installer as administrator. At the end of the installation he runs the launcher: despite having the latest version i.e. 1.1.0.0, stuttgart starts (or overwrites it) with version 1.0.5.0 ! No buildings in stuttgart and the Nice building again disapears !

Best

Try to install the latest version of the launcher again. It seems the problem is caused by the older launcher version. Maybe the older version doesn't know one of your scenerys and because of that deactivates all you scenerys which need the launcher. Maybe it thinks you're a software pirate, don't forget it's still only software.

Shaun, Emanuel,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Indeed my first though was to stop it for installing the old version of the launcher but he doesn't give me that option: after entering my serial number the box version installed stuttgart and the launcher in one go...

Any idea how to get me out of that problem ?

Best

• 2 weeks later...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i've just purchased and installed german airports 2 2012 and stuttgart is gone !!!!!!! All the files are there but the entry is missing on the scenery list :(((( AEROSOFT help