Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mopperle

Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

Gdansk is not at the ocean, so it has to be wrong. It's at the Baltic Sea instead.

I'm going to make another guess and say Caen Carpiquet airport LFRK. Not really at the ocean either, but at least closer to the ocean than Gdansk. And it played an important role in the history at 6 june 1944 (D-Day).

Yes, Gdansk is correct :) !

PS: Sorry for the mistake with the ocean, of course the Baltic Sea is a inland sea ..

Gdansk is not at the ocean, so it has to be wrong. It's at the Baltic Sea instead.

I'm going to make another guess and say Caen Carpiquet airport LFRK. Not really at the ocean either, but at least closer to the ocean than Gdansk. And it played an important role in the history at 6 june 1944 (D-Day).

I know, but you have to wonder, what distance yould Lufthansa realistically fly a 737, think water (okay I admit it's not an ocean) and then the historicall aspect. Plus I googled Gdansk airport and I saw does tent like thing and thought: BINGO!

here goes mine:

2015-2-13_18-30-44-597_zps0440962a.png

JFK?

Close but still wrong...

Let me give you a hint: the airports name has something to do with freedom...

A bit of an abstract hint but perhaps one of you might get it ;)

Newark Liberty

That is correct! From the New York airports packege from drwezicky...

Or Drzewiecki.

Yeah... I knew I wouldn't be able to spell that correctly without looking it up, still I tried...

It's a 777 capable airport (under real conditions ;) ), so Saarbrücken is wrong.