Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

IMHO a fast game is a good game (it says so in the axiom).

I would like to suggest a new limit to ensure a faster game.  We have seen over and over again someone who puts up a challenge and doesn't confirm or refute the answer, and also someone who correctly guesses the location and doesn't put up a new challenge.  I have stopped even trying anymore because it is not worth checking a topic every day for weeks waiting for someone to continue.

My suggestions:

1/ If someone guesses the location correctly and it is confirmed, that person has 2 days (48 hours) to post a new challenge from the time of the confirmation, otherwise it is simply open to everyone again.  The challenger will simply be the next person to post a challenge.

2/ If someone guesses the location and it is waiting on a confirmation from the challenger to be correct or not, the challenger has 1 day (24 hours) to confirm or refute the guess.  If the challenger does not confirm or refute the guess, then it will be up to the person guessing and/or others to confirm with some type of evidence that the guess was correct.  The guesser or someone else can simply post a screenshot or a photo or any other type of evidence of the airport to show that the guess is correct.  The challenger can confirm or refute the guess at any time if no evidence has been supplied.    

These are just suggestions that are designed to make this game fun again, and not a waiting game.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Now, that not even @mopperle is continuing within 9 days, it me be wise to reconsider Scott´s suggestion again...:

On 12.3.2017 at 03:29, scotth6 sagte:

IMHO a fast game is a good game (it says so in the axiom).

I would like to suggest a new limit to ensure a faster game.  We have seen over and over again someone who puts up a challenge and doesn't confirm or refute the answer, and also someone who correctly guesses the location and doesn't put up a new challenge.  I have stopped even trying anymore because it is not worth checking a topic every day for weeks waiting for someone to continue.

My suggestions:

1/ If someone guesses the location correctly and it is confirmed, that person has 2 days (48 hours) to post a new challenge from the time of the confirmation, otherwise it is simply open to everyone again.  The challenger will simply be the next person to post a challenge.

2/ If someone guesses the location and it is waiting on a confirmation from the challenger to be correct or not, the challenger has 1 day (24 hours) to confirm or refute the guess.  If the challenger does not confirm or refute the guess, then it will be up to the person guessing and/or others to confirm with some type of evidence that the guess was correct.  The guesser or someone else can simply post a screenshot or a photo or any other type of evidence of the airport to show that the guess is correct.  The challenger can confirm or refute the guess at any time if no evidence has been supplied.    

These are just suggestions that are designed to make this game fun again, and not a waiting game.

Cheers,

Archived