Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're on to something Rihards.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?regsearch=SP-OTB

I still don't know the answer.  Maybe an airport with a runway 26 or 27, ATC frequency of 122.80, with an approach over a road and a river.

Plenty of clues, but I have no time until tomorrow to search.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I need a clue :rolleyes:.

The banner on the building advertises a certain airline (and is 100% realistic in terms of colours and font used by the real-life airline), and as such indicates that this is a destination served by that airline...

The building that the banner is on, is today used as a technical base for this airline.

But the building was originally purpose-built by another airline as their headquarters and served as such, even after that airline merged with another to become a low-cost outfit. However, the combined outfit, which by then no longer used light blue as their 'trademark' colour, went bankrupt a few years later...

The gray building on the left is taller than any building in Greenland...

Confused? B)

19 minutes ago, Rihards said:

Copenhagen EKCH?

Correct :lol:

The banner advertises Norwegian, who are using the hangar as a technical base. It was originally built for Maersk Air - hence the colour of the building. Maersk merged with Sterling but the combined airline went bankrupt.

The building on the left is (the bottom of) the control tower, where I've worked for 26 years...

The scenery is FlyTampa's EKCH.

Your turn, Rihards!

1 hour ago, Jan Broe said:

Confused? B)

Yes.  I would never have guessed Copenhagen in a thousand years.  Just as with another recent pic, I was looking at much smaller airports.  Funny too, I nearly bought FT's Copenhagen the other day.  Very interesting info though.

1 hour ago, Rihards said:

Copenhagen EKCH?

Good job Rihards!

Cheers,

28 minutes ago, scotth6 said:

Yes.  I would never have guessed Copenhagen in a thousand years.  Just as with another recent pic, I was looking at much smaller airports.

Well, I deliberately tried to make it a little harder by placing a small (by EKCH standards) aircraft in one of the maintenance areas away from the terminals. I thought it would be a bit more fun this way than just placing a SAS A320 at one of the terminal stands...B)

Will be interesting to see what Rihards has in store for us now!

Please login to display this image.

Few tips: This airport is largest and busiest in its region.

The airport just  opened a new terminal, this pic is at the old one.

The building with the triangle roof thingys is a VIP lounge.

I left some thing in the pic to make it easier.

Cool.  I don't have anything prepared, and am not far off falling asleep, so here is a quick one.  

Where am I?  Please tell me because I can't remember :lol:.  Oh... That's right....I had about three missed approaches on this landing.  Good fun with real weather.

Please login to display this image.

Cheers,

Archived