"AES Basepack" title and the Scenery Library

Tradesman

Hello all.

I recently re-installed AES for both fsx and fs9.

After a few Scenery Library errors reported by AES, I got an error saying I must add ASE Basepack to the Scenery Library but the only directory i found was AES so I added it (this is for FS9) which I thought a bit suspicious so I took a look at fsx library, the title says "AES BasePack".

The title in fs9 say just: "AES"

FS9 now work without any probs but is this ok? Am i missing any graphics? Do i need to find a "AES BasePack" directory of file and add that instead?

thanks all.

• Developer

When you start AESHelp, it will check if there is an Entry in the Library for AES, which is called "AES Basepack" and that this one has the highest Prio. So that is OK.

Then you must go to the Airportlist in AESHelp and enable (FS9 or FSX in front of the line) the airports you see the AES feature there. Free Airports or Airports with assigned Credits, which are installed will be enabled automaticaly, when you have pressed OK, when the list was shown.

When you start AESHelp, it will check if there is an Entry in the Library for AES, which is called "AES Basepack" and that this one has the highest Prio. So that is OK.

Then you must go to the Airportlist in AESHelp and enable (FS9 or FSX in front of the line) the airports you see the AES feature there. Free Airports or Airports with assigned Credits, which are installed will be enabled automaticaly, when you have pressed OK, when the list was shown.

Ok, so the short answer to my query is to un-install and re-install and do it all again.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to me that developers should be made by law, to outline whenever their software are not fully compatible with the structure of an operating system. They owe it to their customers before purchase.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems to me that developers should be made by law, to outline whenever their software are not fully compatible with the structure of an operating system. They owe it to their customers before purchase.

Tradesman, if this is your observation of AES for either FS9 or FSX, your comment is off base.

If you bother to take a look at the past problem threads, you'd realize AES is fully compatable with both platforms, and the issues people run into are are not related to compatability with either the OS or the two sims. Having spent a couple of years watching this forum, the issues people have are (usually) quickly resolved by Oliver (the developer) or others in the community. They are not AES compatability issues. There are thousands of satisfied users on both platforms that can attest to the compatability. I'm one of them, and while I killed off my FS9 install a while ago, I found that AES worked wonders with that "sim" and many airports from different authors. If I still had my FS9, I'd be in there trying to help too.

First off, though, search the threads here for issues similar to your own. The answer may be out there already. Based on your issue with the Cheyenne, you seem to be a relatively knowledgable user. That said, some easy things to check are that you installed FS9 (and FSX) in their own folders off the root (not the default) if using Vista or Win7. I think this worked in FS9, so you could save your fs9.cfg file (renaming by adding ".old" after "fs9.cfg" is one way) and let FS9 rebuild it to see if that helps. If not, go back and undo the changes by reinstating the old fs9.cfg file. Ensure you didn't try moving any folders manually.

Also, list your OS, whether it's 32 or 64 bit, and the SP level for FS9, so fruitless advice isn't given by others and your time wasted

The great thing about these forums is that when people have problems they can't solve themselves, they ask for help as you did (and did also with the Cheyenne problem), and then get the help they need to resolove their issue. Unwarranted statements about what developers owe their customers has no place here. Oliver is genuinely helpful if you'll just work with him through the problem together. We all make typing mistakes, and that cost a few rounds of misunderstanding, but it looks like you're both headed in the same direction now.

Give this a chance.

You need to read up a bit on how to configure AES. I suggest you read what Ross posted above. Your posts make you look quite foolish.

Seems to me that developers should be made by law, to outline whenever their software are not fully compatible with the structure of an operating system.

Don't know about it being a law, but I've never seen any developer who didn't list requirements of what their program needs to run. Most of them list both minimum and a recommended, AES is no exception.

I'm sorry but if a piece of software is not going to operate out the box with any operating system it should say what speacial installation is needed for it to do so for that particular operatin system, not wait for purchase then the realisation that the piece of software it interact's with should had being installed outside "program files" months before purchase of that piece of software or else you have to run said software as administrator which dosen't work anyway.

Maybe the poster above should point to any configuring that would solve the above problem that even technical support cant solve and show me how foolish we are are.

How childish to use the f

"foolish" term without understanding the real problem.

• Developer

Come down guys.

@Tradesman

When you take the same time for your post about law's to explain the situation you have, with all info's need to understand what is running and what is not working, what you have done and where you don't get what you expect, so that also a non nativ english speaker can understand it, then we can try to find the reason for your issue.

• Upvote 1