Shut down sound

bliksimpie

Does the Bronco engines in real life also shut down so quickly. Engine stop within not even 2 seconds and for engine sound to become all silent. It is really abrupt and have not ever heard similar engines whine down so quickly. Am I just mistaken. I cant seem to find real life video of bronco shutdown?? Anybody that can shed some light for me on the subject. I know here is some old Bronco drivers here.. feedback will be appreciated.

Edit

I found a video

here you can hear the shutdown/whinding down start around 24 seconds into the video and it take much longer for shutdown of engines then what is given in the simulation.

maybe something to look into while you fine tuning the sounds..?

Please read the FAQ

Both startup and shut down sonds aren´t perfect.

All turbine powered aircraft in FSX has unrealistic short startupand spooldown times.

On the Bronco we have even enhanced these times, but we cannot work wonders with FSX.

Finn

Default and only known turboprop engine type in FSX is the free turbine. On the free turbine th propeller is driven by it´s own independent turbine.

This means that the core engine (gas producer) can spin up without having the propeller spinning.

The Bronco features a fixed shaft (geared) turbine. this means that the propeller is dirctly driven by the core engine.

The FSX sound system is controlled by engine ans propeller RPM. Since FSX only knows about the free turbine, the sound system is also using values from that.

For the Bronco this means that sounds vs propeller animation won´t be in sync during startup or shut down.

The only addon turboprop aircraft with fixed shaft turbines with realistic operation (as far as I´m aware) are the Bronco and the PMDG J41.

If You own the J41 please check propeller animations and sounds and You will see that they does not act like fixed shaft turboprop engines, but still acts like the underlaying FSX free turbine turboprops.

Ths means that there are no other addons featuring the fixed shaft turbine to compare tyhe Bronco with, since the Bronco is the only one that both have correct engine gauge readouts AND propeller animations. It´s also the only addon that can do realistic in-air restarts - the PMDG doesn´t feature that either.

The problem we faced was to get the sounds right - something we did not fully could achieve, but still plan to see if we can get better - though w definitly cannot make it 100% correct.

I no I have told so many times and that it souds very repetious, but FSX posses some serious limitations, especially for turboprop engines, but as far as we are aware no other turboprop addon comes closer to reality than this.

Even engine gauge readouts has been found to fall within 5% of the real readings, which is extremely good for FSX.

Finn

Is it do to the geared turboprop design that when you click on the starter switches and then click abort the engine winds back down at a more realistic fashion than pulling the condition levers back to cutoff while the engines are running?

It's obvious that a lot of passion has been put into this project and I really enjoy it; thanks.

The wind down sound of the starters are different from the sound You would hear by shutting them down with the condition levers.

With the latter the engines are allready running.

Finn