A New Bronco for You @ Aerosoft

ddeuce

Very nice paint indeed. The spec maps are taken from the other paint though? I'm asking because the reflections are different on the parts that are normally red.

Not from another......... I created different alphas for this altogether

The problem with repainting this bird... is 2 fold...... 1 small 1024x1024 pixels, the other was feeding too many smaller images within that can only carry so many pixels thus distorting the larger value, aerosoft says that 2048 would deter frame rates........... This is not so TODAY perhaps yesteryear they would. also doing a repaint without a paint kit is difficult because you must id each item you wish to repaint, and then try to find a way to enhance the image without aborting the whole process............... I am currently doing a Porterville CalFire version to honor a friend who perished in the aircraft.... but it is long and painstaking, I can only do 1 section at a time, Cupola, Sponsons, Vertical, and Horizontal Stabilators.......... etc, etc... I have been working on the Cupola for 4 days, still with negative results.

Not from another......... I created different alphas for this altogether

I've taken a quick pic to show what I mean. See that the reflections are totally different as the part(s) that are painted in red on the paint the Bronco comes with?

post-8313-0-33406100-1325061134_thumb.jp

The problem with repainting this bird... is 2 fold...... 1 small 1024x1024 pixels, the other was feeding too many smaller images within that can only carry so many pixels thus distorting the larger value, aerosoft says that 2048 would deter frame rates........... This is not so TODAY perhaps yesteryear they would. also doing a repaint without a paint kit is difficult because you must id each item you wish to repaint, and then try to find a way to enhance the image without aborting the whole process............... I am currently doing a Porterville CalFire version to honor a friend who perished in the aircraft.... but it is long and painstaking, I can only do 1 section at a time, Cupola, Sponsons, Vertical, and Horizontal Stabilators.......... etc, etc... I have been working on the Cupola for 4 days, still with negative results.

dduece

Nothing stop you from creating your own 2048 set. It is a simple process scalling up textures. I have many a time scale down textures eg Carenado that came with 2048 textures for friends to 1024. The same way I have many time created my own HD textures from 1024 textures to 2048. If you need infor on how to do that let me know and I will explain the process.

Don't you just resize the dds in photoshop to 2048 (or even 4096) and paint over it? Just do it before you paint, afterwards doesn't make much sense. Parts you don't paint over will simply look the same as before (even though more texture memory is needed) but the parts you use for painting can show more details as you have a higher res to work with.

Don't you just resize the dds in photoshop to 2048 (or even 4096) and paint over it? Just do it before you paint, afterwards doesn't make much sense. Parts you don't paint over will simply look the same as before (even though more texture memory is needed) but the parts you use for painting can show more details as you have a higher res to work with.

No no it is not just a case of rezise. it is a bit more complicated then that. if that was all it took it would have been really too easy. Resize is part of teh process but not the only thing that need to be done

edit--

Remember you have bumpmaps and alfa channels that you need to maintain. Just normal resize will destroy alpha channels etc.. So take care otherwise your repaint will be very flat and very dull.

Just resize is the easy method but you will loose a LOT of quality in the process.

You have to copy the alphas b4 you resize..... but in this case resize does not work, for some reason 2048 will not run..... I have a set of the originals resized, w/alphas... but when installled..... you get a CTD, and when you come out of the CTD, and try to reload.... you get an error msg, so it is a matter of keeping it simple sweet (KISS) principle, BUT don't get me wrong, I think former fliers buy creations more along the lines of reality than imagry....

I've taken a quick pic to show what I mean. See that the reflections are totally different as the part(s) that are painted in red on the paint the Bronco comes with?

Cowboy, What cause the difference in shine to the paint is "Alpha" alpha goes from 255 which is White which means no shine, to 0 which is black which gives a glass shine to the paint..... so to make a paint dull, you would use a 255 in the paint color (rgb) or to give it a little sheen or wind reflection you would use something around say 195 to 220 which is my personal preference.... in real life their is no such thing as "Dullcoat" or no shine on metal........ "where there is glass.......there is a target" (words of Pappy Boyington)

ddeuce,

thanks for the repaint. boy, would be nice if the tank can be painted green or low viz gray.

OK JUST FOR YOU............. remind me in a couple of days via im, and I will link you to it.

Tuesday Stefan is back online and I am sure he can help with any open issue regarding repainting. But before he can make a full paint kit he'll complete the other models!

Hi Mathijs,

Just a quick query: Would it be possible to provide the paint kit as layered .psd files?