Aerosoft: You have serious issues with Las Vegas scenery!!!

Robert S

OK,

As a beta tester for Aerosoft aircraft and scenery, I'm surprised that Aerosoft has released a product like Las Vegas, with so many graphics issues.

So, to begin: First I donwloaded the latest version from the Aerosoft shop, version 1.10 on December 24th.

I installed it, and entered my serial number, (got the message saying registration successful) and chose the "More 3D buildings" option but when I flew I couldn't believe how bad it looked...OK, so I did some research and discovered that although the product may have installed seemingly OK, it still wasn't "activated" through the Aerosoft Launcher. :glare_s: I looked in the scenery folder and sure enough, found lots of scenery files ending in .blob

So, (after some problems accessing the Aerosoft site from the US), I was finally able to activate the scenery through the Launcher and I thought all would be good. No. After flying down the strip, this product still looks terrible....so then I took a closer look at the actual product screenshots on Aerosoft's own product page, and you have the same problems posted in your own product screenshots! Clearly this is not an issue unique to my system!!!

Have a look at the pictures, attached. I have copied a couple directly from the Aerosoft product page, with the issues circled in red. You can see the low resolution textures, and the mis-placement of the Eiffel tower in the building!

Then look at pictures from my flight...you can see where the higher resolution Eiffel tower should appear, but after "activating" it still does not and is placed in the middle of the building. Note in the second picture, the dual towers of Venice...also - the buildings have the ugliest textures I have ever seen, and some of these can also be seen in your product pictures...

By the way, I no longer have the .blob files - they are all .bgl. What is worse, is that after "activating" within the Aerosoft Launcher, I no longer even have the dual Eiffel towers, only the low rez version: the higher rez is gone which was there before it was activated via the launcher!

You clearly have these issues posted on your own product page screenshots, so this problem has existed since initial release. Not only should you fix this, but you better clean up the product pictures on your own site too!

Reference: http://www.aerosoft....lasvegas_07.jpg and http://www.aerosoft....lasvegas_11.jpg. !

I'm open to suggestions...oh, and I have no other scenery products installed for this area from any other developer...in fact, this is a fresh and brand new install of FSX; no modifications to tweaks to the FSX.cfg file, etc.

I know my post sounds harsh (not meant to sound personal or attacking), but when you have product pictures that show these issues from day 1, there's a problem that needs fixing soon! Maybe you're missing out on sales...?

post-736-0-83871200-1324943792_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-32148800-1324943803_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-07669700-1324943852_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-76940000-1324943918_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-62028900-1324944026_thumb.jpg

Hi Robert,

I checked my installation and how it looked, see below. I have no double objects and the textures are OK. The US cities sceneries aren't the highest possible textures, as seen on other sceneries (which will cost much more by the way), but they cover a large territory with many objects. So I can't see the terrible thing here. In my opinion Vegas looks far better than default.

By the way. The Eiffel tower isn't misplaced, look below for "reality"

Hi macroth72,

When you say: "The US cities sceneries aren't the highest possible textures..." have you even seen the Manhattan scenery from Aerosoft? What about San Francisco? These are VERY high quality textures. In this Las Vegas, on the main strip it is just plain awful. I think we are seeing the default textures, not the Aerosoft textures.

Your Eiffel tower is also sitting on top of a building according to your screenshot, so it is misplaced. Also look at the textures on the white building to the left, in the front of your second picture (FSPIC_00032)...you should never see this in a payware scenery!

I would refer you back to my picture, called Vegas_1.jpg...look more closely at that picture - do you see the Eiffel tower to the left of the low resolution Eiffel Tower? That has to be the version that Aerosoft included, right? But yet you and I do not have that finely detailed Eiffel tower, we have the ugly low resolution version. We also have many buildings that have a very low resolution texture on them, some competing with what Aerosoft made...this cannot be right.

I would point out that the rest of the Las Vegas scenery looks very good, like we should expect from Aerosoft standards so what we are seeing on the main strip is a real problem. I believe we are not seeing what the developer worked so hard on, but rather the default scenery textures.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Your Eiffel tower is also sitting on top of a building according to your screenshot, so it is misplaced.

No, it is not! I've been there several times, so I can tell. ;)

Your Eiffel tower is also sitting on top of a building according to your screenshot, so it is misplaced.

As Otto mentioned, it is correct placed. Just do a google search for pictures of Las Vegas Eiffel tower and you will see.

Regarding the texture quality. It has been mentioned before, that the textures of the Us cities sceneries didn't have the detail and resolution of the mentioned Manhattan btw. But Manhattan initially sold on the double price as the ciies products. i think you can't compare such kind of products like Manhattan / London with the cities. I agree, the textures could be better, but what you get for this price with all included airfields and night textures is more than good. Did you explore the whole scenery with all airports yet?

I like it that way and can live with the textures as they are. i understand the cities as an addition to the defaults to get a nice view at my approach and to do some kind of "scenery flights" around it, but will not expect to read the newspapers on the street.

But thats my opinion.

• Upvote 1

@ mopperle and macroth72 - you are both right about the placement of the Eiffel tower - my mistake! Sad thing is, I too have been to Vegas and that's not the way I remember it...I'm getting old!

But back to the original issue: the textures and some of the buildings on the main strip are extremely low resolution, and I believe they are the default objects and textures, not from Aerosoft...again, I mentioned that the rest of the Vegas scenery is very nice - it's just the main strip.

Can we hear from the developer or another member of the Aerosoft staff on this issue please?

Mopperle,

Thanks again for trying to help. However. I just uninstalled the Aerosoft Las Vegas scenery and discovered that the Eiffel tower that is so low resolution and poor looking is actually the Aerosoft model!

Look at the screenshot - I've labeled the default Eiffel Tower (this is the nice one) and the Aerosoft tower; you mean to tell me we paid for THIS kind of quality? For our money, we get downgraded?

Like I said, I've been a beta tester for Aerosoft for many years on both scenery and aircraft - I just can't accept that this is what Aerosoft intended...it has to be a mistake. Same goes for the buildings on the strip, etc. Again, this is just for the strip - the rest of the scenery is very nice so why would the main part of the Vegas scenery be compromised?

I'd like a response from the developer on this one...

post-736-0-43855700-1325005621_thumb.jpg

Hi Robert,

Most of the scenery has been created automatically based on aerial imagery. This is not an ideal way to make a scenery but a faster and easier one compared to high end cities like the addons for Manhattan or London. This is the case for all US Cities, which makes them a budget product. No idea how you get to the idea that SFO looks completely different. In case of the Eiffel tower I decided to replace it with the 3D model we used because it just looks more homogeneous to the buildings it merges with while for other objects we created completely new 3D models (City Center, Encore, Trump...) or left in the default model (Stratosphere, Pyramid...). Of course different people have different opinions. You are actually the first one to mention that he dislikes the Eiffel tower so much, while there are others that won't like other parts in the scenery. That's just the way it is. Let me add this to the update list for Las Vegas. If there's an update in the future I will enhance this model.

About the duplicated buildings: I'm still pretty sure that the activation of your Las Vegas scenery didn't work properly. There as just too many duplicated buildings in your screenshots and in the past it has always shown this was due to a missing activation. See here. You can check that easily by navigating to this folder: FSX\Aerosoft\US Cities X - Las Vegas\Scenery\

If there are any files that have BLOB as an extension instead of BGL, the scenery has not been activated using the Aerosoft Launcher.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1