Twotter 300 ski/wheel

Al G.

So, i just got the new Antarctica X scenery and i'm flying the Twotter. Marvelous! But i can't find info about the skis, like, can you raise/lower them? For the life off me, i can't find anything in the manual or on the forum. I'm sure something is written about that but i can't find it. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, but i meant raising the skis so the wheels stick out or lowering the skis so only they touch the ground. I do believe there is such a thing, but i never flown an airplane with such equipment, so.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, but i meant raising the skis so the wheels stick out or lowering the skis so only they touch the ground. I do believe there is such a thing, but i never flown an airplane with such equipment, so.

This exactly happens when you use the gear button, as Frank already said. But of course the works not with the ski-only version. But you can not watch this while on ground. When you load a ski/wheel version of the Twotter, the skis are always in the up position.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Think he has the Version that is with Antarctica, so I think he won't be able to raise/lower them at all.

Not true, Antarctica Twotter works in the same way as the others.

Ok. I purchased the Twotter some time ago. We were flying that bird usualy as a SAR plane in the RCAF. So if i get this right, the skis are animated going up or down around the wheels on the ski/wheel version using the gear button?

P.S. I've seen a pilot taking off at CFB Namao (Edmonton, Alberta) in very strong wind, pulled some of the power off until he was mostly stationary 50ft above the runaway to the dismay of the ATC guys! True story!

• Deputy Sheriffs
Ok. I purchased the Twotter some time ago. We were flying that bird usualy as a SAR plane in the RCAF. So if i get this right, the skis are animated going up or down around the wheels on the ski/wheel version using the gear button?

Exactly, (at least on my Twotter ;) ), but remember this is only visible while in the air! And I'm not sure, but I think "advanced animations" in FSX settings has to be checked.