Fuel Managment

sieggie

There are lots of fuel tanks listed in the fuel loading screen but where do I manage which tank goes to which engine inside the cockpit? I have 50% in center tank so the low fuel annunciator is on with all the other tanks full and don't see a way to xfer or select a different tank to run off of? I read through the manual but did not see anything about this topic.

Dave

There is not alot to control on the Bronco.

Both engines are fed by the Feed tank (Center1).

This tank will normally always be full and is filled from the wingtanks.

The outer wing tanks (Tiptank L/R) are transfered to the feed tank first, thereafter the inner wing tanks (Main L/R).

External tank will be tranfered when the EXT FUEL TRANSFER pump is switched on in the cockpit, but only when off the ground, or if external power is connected.

Note !!

The external tank fitted to the current model is the 230 Gal tank, which does not have a fuel sensor fitted, therefore setting the fuel gauge select switch to EXT will read zero.

Upcomming models will also come with the 150 Gal tank that has a fuel sensor fitted.

Finn

There is not alot to control on the Bronco.

Both engines are fed by the Feed tank (Center1).

This tank will normally always be full and is filled from the wingtanks.

The outer wing tanks (Tiptank L/R) are transfered to the feed tank first, thereafter the inner wing tanks (Main L/R).

External tank will be tranfered when the EXT FUEL TRANSFER pump is switched on in the cockpit, but only when off the ground, or if external power is connected.

Note !!

The external tank fitted to the current model is the 230 Gal tank, which does not have a fuel sensor fitted, therefore setting the fuel gauge select switch to EXT will read zero.

Upcomming models will also come with the 150 Gal tank that has a fuel sensor fitted.

Finn

It does not appear that any fuel is transferred to the center tank, fuel seems to just be draw from the other tanks first if it is there. If I start with half a tank in the center and fly for an hour, there is still a half of a tank in the center and the others are lower. Is that the way it is designed to work?

Dave

Right...

FSX does not allow for fuel transfer (at least it´s very limited).

This means that You should always have the feed tank (Center1 tank) full, then fill Inner tank, Outer tank and last the External tank.

The feed tank is not meant to be emptied in normal operation if sufficient fuel is left in the other tanks.

The various fuel tanks will then be emptied like they would in reality. To use the external fuel tank, switch on the EXT FUEL TRANSFER pump.

Finn

Sieggie, that doesn't sound right. Are you using the special saved flight or launching the sim from another saved flight scenario? MOST fuel related issues with sophisticated addons are caused by this small error.

Sieggie, that doesn't sound right. Are you using the special saved flight or launching the sim from another saved flight scenario? MOST fuel related issues with sophisticated addons are caused by this small error.

Not an error, I just noticed it and wanted clarification. I was negligent and did not check my center tank so had the warning showing.

Dave