Got it and love it !

Paul K

This post does nothing more useful than to register my happiness with this aircraft which, despite my very restricted budget for such things, joined my collection today. ( Thanks for the Christmas sale, Mathijs! ) It is a joy to fly, to look at, to point and click around, and to listen to. As I've said often before, I am largely a vintage piston prop fan, and the Catalina is my primary aircraft, but this beautiful Bronco is an absolute delight. I had an hour flying round Tongass Fjords this afternoon, and I must wonder...has there ever been a better aircraft to go site-seeing in FSX ? I doubt it. Its also a speedy beast, so who knows...a candidate for a Round The World trip maybe.

A big thank you to everyone involved in developing this terrific aircraft. Once again, Aerosoft has delivered something very special.

:cheers_s:

Thanks for the kind words. You might know this development team really likes these slightly whacky aircraft. They will do the Beaver or the Twin Otter next. Both aircraft with loads of character.

I thought you were already offering a the Twin Otter? Or do you mean a different one?

Thanks alot for Your kind words. It´s alo rewarding to see that people likes what has been done.

Both the Beaver and the Twin otter was made by another team (well I made a small bit of coding on the Twotter), but we think it could be an good idea to make something like a Beaver V2 or Twin Otter V2 to the same standard as the Bronco.

I don´t think realism will be put higher cause I think we found the right balance now with the Bronco.

Finn

Great news Finn and Mathijs The BeaverX was one of my first FSX payware purchases and it still get lots of flying hours from me even after all this time, the cockpit and engine management could use the BroncoX treatment to make it even better.

Count me in as a buyer of both the Beaver2.0 and Twotter2.0 if it has the same excellent quality as the Bronco X

Thanks for the kind words. You might know this development team really likes these slightly whacky aircraft. They will do the Beaver or the Twin Otter next. Both aircraft with loads of character.

Yes, Mathijs, and Finn...keep it slightly whacky and unusual. There are so many interesting aircraft yet to be modelled. :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Very good news!

'Next' as in 'next week/month/year' (please check what is applicable), or as in 'next-project-after-all-current-projects-are-finished' (meaning very far in the future)? ;)

Could be in 2012, but we only have started discussing them. They have not become actual projects yet.

So please don´t ask for release dates, screenshots etc... cause they do not exist !

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could be in 2012, but we only have started discussing them. They have not become actual projects yet.

So please don´t ask for release dates, screenshots etc... cause they do not exist !

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.”

- Lǎo Zǐ -

Thanks, Finn.

Okay, make me really, really eager for 2012 developments. The Beaver X and Twin Otter were the first two AC purchases that I made when starting with flight simming. They remain the two birds that I spend 90% of my time flying. As they are DHC planes would you please consider including Canadian paint schemes as part of the base packages. As I was running low on discretionary funds I failed to take advantage of the Bronco X on sale. I do regret that now, particulalry as it would have given me a taste of things to come. Humm, I need to rectify that!

Rick

When it does I'd love to be on the betateam if any position is vacant.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As they are DHC planes would you please consider including Canadian paint schemes as part of the base packages.

Hi Rick,

Did you already download the Canadian repaints in the download section?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/files/category/5-twin-otter-repaints/

Hi Eric,

Yes I have those repaints including ones added today. Thanks. There are some particularly great ones there that I use as my standard Twin Otter ac.

• 3 weeks later...

Took me a while to get to the discussion but I am very enthusiastic about the prospect of a revitalized Beaver.

Although I don't have the Bronco (yet!), I do have the Catalina and the Twin Otter and love them both. It does seem obvious to me the majority who've commented here are in favour of a more complex model with maintenance and flying limitations.

I agree it would be a shame to just offer a cosmetic improvement for the DHC2 but I'm not looking to spend a half-hour getting ready to fly either. If there could be a compromise with some added pilot workload (say, 5-10 minutes to work through a checklist), that would suit me better. An add-on maintenance feature like the A2A Piper would work as well. I would like to have options so I can match the time I have available to the complexity of the aircraft.

Regardless, I already know I'll take the plunge to buy when it's published. Good on you Aerosoft!!!!

nebulus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Took me a while to get to the discussion but I am very enthusiastic about the prospect of a revitalized Beaver.

Although I don't have the Bronco (yet!), I do have the Catalina and the Twin Otter and love them both. It does seem obvious to me the majority who've commented here are in favour of a more complex model with maintenance and flying limitations.

Hi Nebulus,

Thank you for reply, but I think we are getting off-topic here. There are these two relevant threads:

http://forum.aerosof...c/49253-beaver/

http://forum.aerosof...vanced-systems/

The Bronco has quickly become my aircraft of choice. Now that I've gotten use to the low speed handling I find this aircraft to be perfect for sightseeing and it's got more than enough speed and range for those cross-country jaunts. Perfect! Can't wait to see future developments. Thanks!