Christmas Quiz, December 25th (the last one)

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft Annual Christmas Quiz

Yes, it is that time of year again. And yes you are getting that old. Time for our annual Christmas Quiz. Now last year we did often complex questions and we think Google got most of the answers right. So this year we’ll exclude any Googling and will simply ask you very simple questions like, what aircraft is this, what airline is this etc. If you think of a funny caption for the image you can also post that and when you make us laugh real loud you also get a free download.

Rules are simple, just as we are. The first to get the answer right wins a free download. To avoid one time zone to be always the first to answer we have a new system where the post is made visible at a random moment. The post will stay open for at least 24 hours. If in this period the correct answer has not been given it will stay open indefinitely.

All previous contestants can enter on this last day.

post-43-0-10569700-1324809261_thumb.jpg

1) The images shows my friend Enrico Schiratti busy with something. It is totally related to flight simulation. But what exactly is he doing?

2) What is the connection between apiculture and the dawn of powered flight?

post-43-0-94831800-1324809561_thumb.jpg

3) What aircraft if this? The clue is in the background btw.

post-43-0-38641100-1324809659_thumb.jpg

What aircraft?

2. Apiculture is beekeeping, and Ohio beekeeping businessman Amos Root, a technology enthusiast, saw a few flights including the first circle of the Wright Brothers' Kitty Hawk powered flights and wrote articles for his beekeeping magazine.

well it was hard whit qustion 2 as i could compleatly translate it whit a translation book.. but the rest are im quit sure about.

first try:

1) Measuring the pull forces that the pilot encounters during the different phases of flight probaly in newton

2) Water cooling

3) Yokosuka Japan Naval base taken from B-25

4) Japanese Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" Type 97

second try:

1) Measuring the pull forces that the pilot encounters during the different phases of flight probaly in newton.

2) A. I. Root, Bee-keeper and aviations first true journalist

just 1 more try

1) Measuring the pull forces that the pilot encounters during the different phases of flight probaly in newton.

2) Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible

1. He's measuring the pull forces that the pilot encounters during the different phases of flight

2. Apiculture is beekeeping, and Ohio beekeeping businessman Amos Root, a technology enthusiast, saw a few flights including the first circle of the Wright Brothers' Kitty Hawk powered flights and wrote articles for his beekeeping magazine.

3. Doolittle raiders

4. Japanese Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" Type 97 shipboard attack aircraft

Caption image #1: "Many airlines are concerned regarding the ever growing problem of obesity among the general population, trails have begun to start weighing passengers before boarding in order to see if a person requires 1 or 2 seats!"

Caption image #2: "Captain, look at that, we are being overtaken by a flying water boiler!"

Caption image #3: "And the forecast for today, cloudy with a slight chance of falling debris and the possibility of exploding bombs later this afternoon!"

Also,

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today. I saw a Doctor on TV saying that in order to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we could all use more calm in our lives. So I looked around my house today to find things I had started but had not finished. So far I have finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys a buttle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun prsciptuns an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Tel thas to all whoe need inner pace an telum u luvum.

Two al hve a Marry Crispmouse....dfhgd.....

Here is a new try and whit link to the info for the 2 last pictures.

2) To get a thing heavier than the air up in the air by its own power.

3) B-25 link:http://www.pacaf.af....?galleryID=4088

4) Japanese Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" carryeing Type 97 torpedo link:http://commons.wikim...ry:Nakajima_B5N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) From the horse and buggy age to the dawn of supersonic flight

3) B-25

4) Japanese Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" carryeing Type 97 torpedo

1) Maybe he is not measuring the forces that the pilot has to add.... perhaps he's measuring the forces, that the aircraft (or here the servos of the yoke) generates too the yoke during takeoff or other special flight conditions.

2) The first engine powered aircraft was made out of wood and fabric covering. Maybe the beeswax was used to impregnate the fabric covering to make it more solid.

Caption Pic 1: He is training for olympic discipline in truck pulling

Caption Pic 2: The bees tugged the first engine powered plane:)

Caption Pic 3: Habour Party in Japanese style

Cpaiton Pic 4: A nice trip to the carribean seas

Hello Folks,

Well we do have some winners,

Technically KAPTEJNLN was the winner because he answer them "all" correctly, probably had some help by folks answering individual questions, and Soya for the caption.

E-mails on there way to you soon.