MULTIPLAYER issue

Andrea6811

I think it will have problems in shared cockpit but I would not expect multiplayer to have problems. Can you say what problem it has?

Ok , tks for the quick reply. Me and a friend heve started a normal session of flight on my multiplayer server as usual.

Connection : done and ok

We can see together clear and it appear to be frame friendly .

When we release brakes and start taxy , we see aircraft bumping , go crazy in the taxyway and after a few minutes connection lost.

That's all xcuse me for my english, i'm sure u understand me.

Tks, i'm waiting for

• 2 weeks later...

One strange effect in FSX multiplayer is that when others fly the OV-10 the propeller is not moving even if you have the aircraft installed.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I have also noticed when flying in FSrecorder....the propellers turn for certain aircraft and not for others when flying together. I have done some sample videos trying to do some screenshot work and one example was when flying with Tim Conrad's OV-10 in formation....the Aerosfot props were nto spinning.

hi mates, for me in multiplayer session (Vatsim), its the same.

multiplayer log two planes together and did not work.

regards.

VATSIM 897455

Try a multiplayer session server based on fsx local network and let me know.

It's impossible to start a flight for us.

Regards

That would be the second Aerosoft aircraft after the Katana that causes multiplayer problems. I see a pattern emerging here. ;)

With the Katana you would get a stable connection as long as you keep the other aircraft in sight. Loose it for a few moments and you get a disconnect. Very weird, and reproducable every time.

• Aerosoft

That would be the second Aerosoft aircraft after the Katana that causes multiplayer problems. I see a pattern emerging here. ;)

With the Katana you would get a stable connection as long as you keep the other aircraft in sight. Loose it for a few moments and you get a disconnect. Very weird, and reproducable every time.

But the aircraft have nothing in common as far as I know apart from a lot of the code being in xml. I checked the sdk's and as expected there is nothing there that explains why this might be a problem.

Try a multiplayer session server based on fsx local network and let me know.

It's impossible to start a flight for us.

Regards

Yes Andrea6811, its the same.

the planes are frezzed and they dont move.

Regrads.

But the aircraft have nothing in common as far as I know apart from a lot of the code being in xml. I checked the sdk's and as expected there is nothing there that explains why this might be a problem.

I suspected as much, hence the winking smiley. I'll chalk it down as one of those weird coincidences that happen from time to time. Gamespy and the FSX multiplayer code are very wonky anyway, so it's surprising that there aren't more problems.

From FS developers:

Multiplayer has two categories: Shared cockpit mode and non-shared cockpit mode.

They are very different and my question related to non-shared cockpit mode only, though I did not realize it when I started the thread.

In non-shared cockpit mode your aircraft will be able to read all internal variables and will respond to all internal key events. A selected small set of variables and related key events will be transmitted to the other aircraft. These are marked as "All Aircraft" in the SDK.

The other aircraft in non-shared cockpit mode are not affected by the state of variables of any type in your aircraft. The only key events that are transmitted between aircraft are those concerning the settings of the items in the list below, hence one should take care in coding them to avoid flooding the bandwith with unnecessary key events.

Engines.

Magnetos

Fuel valves

Electric fuel pumps

Controls.

Flaps

Spoilers

Avionics.

Comms

Transponders

Lights.

Misc Systems.

Smoke

Gear

Pitot heat

Master battery

Alternators

Alternate static

Or so the SDK says!

Take a look here : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-106014.html

There are many threads about this.

Tks

Andrea

• Aerosoft

Yes the SDK that came with the professional version of FSX had even a bit more, I also had some discussions with the developers of FSX about this. But nothing that really helped.

However we think we know the reason for the problem. See in almost all aircraft the animations of the external model (gear, flaps, windows etc) are standard. But the Bronco has code that runs the propeller animation that is rather special. It's most likely this code that causes the problem. Can't be solved as FSX does not know this type of engine.

Hi here,

i flew the Bronco with two freinds using GAMESPY (so no additionell other software running to do so)

and we hade no problems. Exept that the Propellers are always in the same state like the ones of the

VIEWER. (Example: my engines off= all propellers on ALL Broncos are standing still. Mine are Rotating=

ALL other Bronco Propellers are rotating too, no matter if they are parked in the Hangor or not.)

This is not a new thing. On alot of Aircrafts with more deep Systems for the ENgines have this (Ex.: Piper

Cheyenne with the PowerGenerator, wich appears also when other Aircrafts are airborn)

It not a nice FSX-Bug, but till Microsoft FLight (and i really hope that is fixed over there..hahaha) we have to

handle this.

Tristan

Mathijs is right about the propeller animation code.

The variables used for propeller RPM is not the standard FSX one, but a local variable. This local variable is calculated in the viewers Bronco, thus that propellers of other multiplayer Broncos will use that too.

It´s not a sight of beauty offcourse, but it is simply needed to make proper animation for this tye of engine, which FSX knows nothing about.

Finn

Tested on FSX local lan multiplayer and except for non spinning propeller it seems to work OK. But need to test with 5 or more running the Bronco to see if we get some overflow in udp/tcp traffic.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I tried it with a friend of mine and we also couldn't get it to work with Gamespy. I could see his Bronco (he was the host), but his movement was all erratic, wobbly and laggy, and he couldn't see me move at all. I was just frozen on my starting position for him. This sadly is a dud in multiplayer so far and some kind of fix would be greatly appreciated, if the cause should ever be identified.

• 2 weeks later...