Round The World Challenge II

Matt_Smith

• 2 weeks later...

So Ole, what do you think to a RWTC that works similar to the WRC? My early invisages being the contestants pic an airline to flythem to various locations round the world, once there they have a predeterminded aircraft type to fly x number of stages/challenges ending up at a large airport ready to fly to the next destination ready for the next round.

I swear Matt, I have been thinking the exact same idea. I didnt think of the WRC similarity though, but that the RTWC 2 didnt need to be A to B to C to D.... but could be broken into segments, not attached...

This opens op to ideas to go places not possible if it had to be a consecutive thing...

I love the idea.. LOL

Awesome, now that hard work starts :lol:

What do you think to 10 - 15 ish stages at each destination? Just like the WRC they are timed lowest over all time wins

Do that say 10 maybe 12 locations round the world,obtaining the contestants overall times, the lowest wins. But then we add a curved ball to the equation. We also enclude timings for the flights between destinations. OK contestant x may choose a faster plane than contendant y. Not a problem we take that into account by complexity, ie we reward users of aircraft that require more hands on flying by the award of additional points. Now I don t have a clue how that works, but I guess we could make it work. Off the top of my head if someone was mad enough to use the Catalina or the likes with only its Sperry autopilot they would get say 20 points, an early era jet Comet or 727 or the likes 10 points. THose points then count to a discount off their times. Then those aircraft that can fly the intire flight and autoland get no points added. Thus ecouraging proper aviating?

For he individual stages at each destination, I propose we offter 2 planes to complete in. So we get like a group A and group N, so overall we end up with two winners. Hopefully that will also give us more entrants too?

As you correctly predicted, one destination so far is Antarctica, which in its self is a planning nightmare :lol: But also making the short list thus far, New Zealand, Australia and Russia. I think all places we didnt visit in RTWC 1.

Thoughs?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok first major re-design. It will still take on the WRC style of things. BUT, being as 2012 is the year of the London Olympics, it would be daft not to take advantage of this. So now we shall use Cities that have hosted the Olympic games as hubs for our adventures. More to follow.

• 5 months later...

A new idea, but kind of limits people a bit too much.... Making it Accusim or COTS only and scoring on number of engines replaced and or passenger rating after each flight.