Should have waited one more day to buy...

AaronMyers

Gareth Patrick, you confuse the issue of HAVING an opinion, with the privilege of being able to EXPRESS it. Forum rules apply to all, you have not completed a profile, your posts thus far are inane and suspect in their timing.

And are thus correct in your assumption that you are not yet fit to post.

There is hope however, because you at least recognise that. Shame you didn't direct your energies into telling us who you are. You could be some Indian spammer, or an agent provocateur... or with two first names some symbiotic organism that doesn't know its parents.

As it is you are no-one.

I'll take being a no one (albeit a paying no one versus your admitted free acquisition of products) over a self righteous, condescending, trouble maker any day that has no business spreading nonsense in a public forum. In the real world customers have the right to express an opinion about the products, services, and support that they paid for with their hard earned money without having to qualify their credentials. You sir should practice what you preach and heed the statements you've made several times so far and stop caring about this topic that you have no vested interest in. Please stick to your normal routine of steeling lunch money from little kids and pushing old ladies over and leave this topic for the less scandalous. This has been a civil conversation from paying customers that have neither needed, nor benefited from your attacks and no good can come from any further "comments". Please leave it for the paying customers with the right they've been given under the rules of the forum.

Good advise Kai, I'll take my leave as it seems the point of the OP is perhaps lost forever and I have more cheerful things to focus on. I've learned some valuable lessons in the end though. All the best.

• Upvote 3

I sent Aerosoft an email to enquire about the possible extension of the discount given that I bought the Bronco maybe a couple of hours or so before the launch of the 25% discount.... before I came across this thread. I agree with EDNR-Cruiser's remarks on how this will hurt future early-bird sales. It has nothing to do with the practice of discounting products being a bad thing as Mathijs kept repeating. In fact I was astonished at how Mathijs kept failing to understand EDNR's point. I was even more astonished that the omniscient Snave did not process this from a behavioural/ behavioural economic point of view whereby seeing what has happened, a portion of early adopters might choose to delay their purchase.

I am not dissatisfied with the product, nor too particularly upset about missing out on the discount, but I know I will wait longer next time round. Don't take me wrong, indeed God forbid Snave would interpret the following as me telling Aerosoft how to manage their business on their own forum... but if inhibition with regards to making a purchase is the behaviour Aerosoft is not keen to reinforce, then perhaps Aerosoft should consider the suggestions made by EDNR.

My humble 2 pennies or euro cents. Merry X'mas to all.

• Upvote 1

The `problem` with all this asinine whining is simply that it does not reflect the opinion of the majority, who welcomed the pricing structure revision as an opportunity for a bigger reduction. So your sense of disappointment seems firmly entrenched in the `me, me, me` rather than the happy consideration of the `them` who have had the good fortune to be able to get this ridiculously talented addon at a ridiculously Christmas Special price..!

My thinking here is that YOU are actually doing yourselves a stupidly-naive disservice here and should shut up and think. If you have a problem with pricing, take it up privately as you won't get any benefit from moaning like spoilt brats in public.

You are the guys who sue Santa because he leaves Reindeer c.rap on your driveways - well if any of you are old enough to have driveways....

BTW, I outmanoeuvred the lot of you - I got mine for nothing by making a valued contribution in one of the Xmas Competitions. If any of you whiners had actually utilised your time here to do likewise - or even just contribute to a topic that actually assists your fellow simmers - you would have had my complete support. As it is, you've all come across as `no-namer` whining miserable self-absorbed Scrooge types.

If your attempt is to engender sympathy or empathy for the extra pennies you've spent, then you might want to think about how your `business model` is also fundamentally flawed...

Hi Kai (macroth72),

Thanks for the hint that almost all products are at a 25% discount today (maybe until end of XMas but who knows...). :clapping_s:

Took me some time to get your message due to all this "hot air noise" generated by this funny blunt troll but in the end I understood and downloaded the new Frankfurt-Egelsbach scenery as well as I upgraded my "old" Katana to the 4X version at a very reasonable price!!!

Thanks again, Kai and also to the guys at Aerosoft... :cheers_s: - no thanks to the troll! :blowbubble_s:

Merry XMas everyone!

What can I say Snave, you are missing the point. The point is not about the perceived monetary loss, but about the effect this will have on future behaviour when a new product is launched. The enquiry I made privately via email to Aerosoft was simply that, an enquiry about the possibility of an extension of that offer to individuals who had bought the product merely hours before. If you are not familiar with the concept of consequences reinforcing or extinguishing behaviour, that is another matter but just because you are unaware of it, it doesn't mean it has no bearing on how customers will behave, irrispective of whether they came here to "whinge" as you suggested.

I congratulate you on getting a free copy of the product. Makes no difference to me, and probably to anyone else. As for making a contribution, about a year ago I was among a bunch of very passionate simmers and real-world pilots who beta-tested with Airbus X, in the process spending countless hours of our free-time to make a contribution to our hobby. I couldn't care less if a free copy was offered in the end as that wasn't the prime motivator.

Off-topic, unlike you I am not in the business of dishing advice to all and sundry, and doing so by being as obnoxious as I possibly can. Having said that I think you really need to get a grip, particularly when making statements like "being old enough to have driveways..." etc. Like many others on this forum, I am baffled how Aerosoft allow somebody like you to insult all and sundry with impunity, particularly since you tend to insult the core type of customer, the ones you call "idiots", of a product like Airbus X. If you have been mistreated as a child or young person, that is a great shame and totally appalling, but it is no excuse to come to these fora to insult people who you consider yourself to be superior to.

Other than that, have an amazing Christmas.

• Upvote 2

So if age is an issue, why do you not complete your Profile and tell us how old you are?

Because you sound like a squealing seven year old.

And like you, I'm a customer. If you wish to tolerate the puerile element, then to avoid hypocrisy you must also tolerate those who seek to ensure that the forum remains highbrow, an aspirational resource where all who visit raise their game to a level of sophistication totally absent from this topic...

I await the completion of your Profile with interest, as I suspect you must be older than seven, but by your posts there is no way to tell. i don't consider myself to be superior, I just wish for others to adopt the same sophisticated attitude to using the forums to best advantage. Apparently, you see offering assistance as something beneath you, so the hypocrisy is clear.

But rancour over your childish attitude aside, do have a wonderful Christmas.

Clearly, you have not read my post carefully. I am happy to offer advice when asked. But I don't DISH it out with wanton verbal abuse like your good self. I don't fill in profile page as I value my privacy and to avoid sharing personal information with people like you. My age has no bearing on the topic and rest assured that topics that you tend to intervene in usually have a low chance of being highbrow, given that they usually end up with you calling people who do not have an intimate knowledge of, say, an airliners flight management systems, idiots. Indeed my post was intended to highlight the surely unintended behavioural impact of discounting a product the day after it went on sale. I guess a behavioural economic analysis of this is not highbrow enough for your tastes. In which case, my profuse apologies.

• Upvote 2

Apology accepted. You access the forum on your terms. As do I. The fact that out terms do not offer consideration of the difference between handing over a fish and teaching one to fish is one that I'm sure we can all see is your limitation.

As an Aerosoft customer, and supporter............ tough titty said the kitty, I bought it at full price, and could not be more satisfied with a product, It was just a touch of luck, or lack thereof that I did not purchase today vs yesterday. If someone has a sale on a product, but you have to drive fourty miles to get it, is is still a sale ? sure I would rather have the lesser price..... I am not a model make, but based on what I have flown since fs98..........cmon now.......... give the artists credit.......... just "plane" (pun intended) bad luck we could not have waited..... my only regret was it came out as a luftwaffe unit, instead of one the the beta 01 or 02 models from Rockwell the "TRUE" creator of the bird............... Thanks again aerosoft !!! AND IM ON SOCIAL SECURITY

Interesting, isn't it that the bulk of the expressions of opinion are from customers who we've never heard from before in relation to the development cycle of the aircraft, other products in the Aerosoft portfolio, or contributors to this forum in general - and that almost none of them have completed a profile, been a regular contributor to other forums, or ever seem to have played active roles in the community...?

And all of a sudden NOW they have an opinion over a few euros?

I think this topic has gone far enough. The Nimbys have spoken. What an absolutely telling statistic that 433 customers were affected and yet only half a dozen `no namers` should suddenly pop up here to whine about it and tell Aerosoft how to do business...

I am not one complaining about the price (in fact I posted in the opposite direction earlier in the thread before it got this far out of control), but I will just add my "nimby no namer" opinion that there is likely a direct relationship between the high number of us who are happy Aerosoft customers but don't contribute much in these official Aerosoft forums or "fill out our profiles", due to the fact that for some reason Aerosoft condones this type of trollish, abusive behavior and personal attacks on these forums.

Anyhow happy holidays and congrats on a great plane release, lets not let the poison overshadow the honey of a release and the great job done by the devs I look forward to the further airplane models and repaints in Jan.