Should have waited one more day to buy...

AaronMyers

Mathijs,

Private-Cowboy got me... - easily! Don't get me wrong, please! I am of course not against the discount... - seems to be an exciting product anyway - but I am highlighting the fact that one day after release (after the pre-order customers got their toy) it is offered at a discount without awarding the early buyers!

Okay, you are the business guys but as a sales professional I can only say you're doing it wrong! Big time!

If I were you I'd offer the early birds a special discount even after sales... - they are CARRYING your business after all! The way you do it is encouraging everybody NOT to order but to wait instead! Why should I pay the full price if I can get the same beautiful great product one day later with a 25% discount or 2 weeks later with a 60% discount???

Think of education, please! Do you really want to educate your customers not to buy but to wait? I don't believe so...

Reward the early adaptors but never punish them... - that is what I always tried to teach my bosses (at very big international companies) but to be frank, they didn't understand either... :rolleyes:

To reiterate, removing the discount is not, and has never been the suggested course of action. Even a store credit for the difference would be a better solution in my mind. At any rate, I'm happy with the plane regardless, so do as you think is right.

I am really at a loss here gentlemen. If anybody can explain me how I could have avoided this without having lost sales or having to delay three products for no good reason I would be happy.

The 5€ reduction that was part of the release yesterday could have been the standing prize for the Christmas sale. It wouldn't have been another 25% reduction, but it would have been a reduction nonetheless. Everybody would have saved some money and no one would have felt bad about it.

Tomorrow I'll remove the sales action for the Bronco.

You shouldn't. What's done is done and you should stand by it. Just because a couple of guys gave you a bit of critical feedback there is no need to make us the bad guys now, who ruined it for everybody else. ;)

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how many people come here and complain on the morning of the 27th that they missed the very brief discount period because it was Christmas and it's not fair that they should be penalised for having family commitments!

Hi Patrick,

You are taking the words out of my mouth! Imagine how all the pre-order folks would have felt this XMas (and beyond) if Aerosoft would have surprised them with a 5€ payback or even a voucher for other titles for their ongoing support...

*Sigh*

I don't normally care too much about missing out on discounts but on a brand new product within 24 hours of release?! Sorry but I can't help but feel a little annoyed that I bought it yesterday instead of today.

I'll get over it, especially as it's a superb product but I will think twice about the timing of my next purchase.

Yeah, I also feel a bit cheated. In my opinion, it's OK to discount products that have been released at least 3 or 6 months earlier... but not one day. Don't forget that many people here are loyal Aerosoft customers who almost buy things because they believe in the Aerosoft quality.

I can understand Aerosoft cannot do refunds, but it would be a nice gesture if they would give "my" 6 Euro to their orphanage project.

Hi Team,

i just read in a different forum, that the Bronco is on sale today.

I bought it yesterday, and of course it is "bad luck".

I wanted to honour the work, thats why i bought in the first hours.

Even if i know, that it was just my bad luck, i don´t feel as happy as minutes ago.

Next time, if you are planing to put a new release on the supersale, you should do that

the very first day. in this case you really do also honour the customers of the first day,

and nobody can feel bad (exept of missing the sale).

thats my point of view, as somebody who feels tricked (i know i am not).

Merry Christmas

Tristan

• Upvote 1

Bad luck for me too but the overall fun and quality of this aircraft makes up for it in many ways.

There is no way to excuse this, the chiefs knew yesterday that there would be a sale today.

Bad luck for me too but the overall fun and quality of this aircraft makes up for it in many ways.

There is no way to excuse this, the chiefs knew yesterday that there would be a sale today.

Well me getting it today at a discount price and this leave a sour taste in my mouth after reading this as I was not aware of it being sold for much higher price yesterday.. I really feel for the "Jigsaws" etc that bought it at full price yesterday. I really feel that some fellow flightsimmers have been cheated at best. To be honest, I would have been rather annoyed at this if I was one of those buying it yesterday where I now knew that the powers in charge was knowing it is going on sale the next day.. Not good business practice. yeah you can have your 25% christmas sale but surely not on products that has been released one day earlier..

Yes I understand you sometimes in luck with some discount comming your way or you missing out but to have it only out there for one day at full price and then bring on a discount... Sorry really bad bad bad business principles...

i got the c337 here w/ the 40% off discount last week and so what if the bronco was discounted 25% today? i was willing to pay 30 bux for the great plane and i'm happy with it.

i hope the extra revenue will motivate the development team to put out the usmc and usaf variants in short time and continue to develop good fs products in the future.

and if this new discount helps increase sales for the bronco, it's good for the fs community as more people can enjoy this unique airplane.

come on, the difference is not much more than a couple of gallons of gasoline (here in the states).

I also bought on day one and part of my decision to buy quickly was to "save" a few dollars. While I don't believe there was any sinister plan to gouge the early adopters, I do concur with others who see this as a mistake on Aerosoft's part. I like the aircraft so far and agree that it is worth the price I paid. However that's not the point here is it? It's just bad business to debut a product at one price and then then on day 2 discount it! Again, I don't feel cheated or betrayed but I hope that once Mathijs understands this he will do something to make it right. Anyway, Happy Holidays to all here.........Peace!

Steve

Interesting, isn't it that the bulk of the expressions of opinion are from customers who we've never heard from before in relation to the development cycle of the aircraft, other products in the Aerosoft portfolio, or contributors to this forum in general - and that almost none of them have completed a profile, been a regular contributor to other forums, or ever seem to have played active roles in the community...?

And all of a sudden NOW they have an opinion over a few euros?

I think this topic has gone far enough. The Nimbys have spoken. What an absolutely telling statistic that 433 customers were affected and yet only half a dozen `no namers` should suddenly pop up here to whine about it and tell Aerosoft how to do business...

Is that a requirement in order to feel cheated? Do people who follow their hobby of flightsimming in silent without beeing rude with other people have no right to voice their opinion? As long as they have an order number - and at least they have one - they have every right the express themselfes and feel bad about how this thing went down. And it is hardly about the few euros as you have put it, it's about the slap in the face of those proud and dumb few who supported the development as soon as they could by purchasing it right on day one.

And speaking of statistics. Aerosoft themselfes (what about Simmarket?) had 433 customers the day the Bronco was launched and I don't think all have bought the Bronco. But if only 10% of those who bought the Bronco learn the lesson that it's better to stay away from Aerosoft addons close to launch and only buy them on a sale ... well I doubt it's what the intention of the sale was. It's as the saying goes ...

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for snubbing the people who jumped in at release time, bad PR move by management with what is a faultless and wonderful product, I shall think twice before jumping again on day 1

If you decide to give the early adopters a voucher for the difference (the right thing to do) you can give mine to charity

I do agree. In case a voucher is issued for early buyers (those who spread the news and induce others to get - or not - the product), please add the amount of my voucher to the same charity organization (in Ethyopia) involved in the Crowed Skies IVAO event.

Merry Christmas to all.

Edmundo

Interesting, isn't it that the bulk of the expressions of opinion are from customers who we've never heard from before in relation to the development cycle of the aircraft, other products in the Aerosoft portfolio, or contributors to this forum in general - and that almost none of them have completed a profile, been a regular contributor to other forums, or ever seem to have played active roles in the community...?

I think this topic has gone far enough. The Nimbys have spoken. What an absolutely telling statistic that 433 customers were affected and yet only half a dozen `no namers` should suddenly pop up here to whine about it and tell Aerosoft how to do business...

Merry X-mas Simon ;-)

My apologies Simon, it is to my profound regret that I made a post earlier in this thread without realising I had insufficient community privileges to have an opinion on the customer service provided by Aerosoft. I withdraw my previous comments and will happily not express any opinion on this forum in future until I have made at least 1000* condescending, rude, unhelpful or just down right abusive posts to fellow customers.

* Is a 1000 posts enough (I'm not sure where this rule is stated - I did try searching but couldn't find it!)

• Upvote 1

Hey, everybody calm down now... Enjoy christmas or whatever, buy some other products and save 25% on them now. The saved money will balance your imense loss on the Bronco. Thats the way I will do and of course I also bought the Bronco on the first day (and love it)...

So think about how much money you spend on addons you may only use a few times which were more expensive than 6 EUR. And I suspect every serious simmer has done this.

i will finally grab Switzerland Pro (after struggeling for a long time with my conscience :glare_s: ) and will be happy about the saved money. Oh hey, I saved over 25 EUR! More than I paid for the Bronco! So I got the Bronco as a gift from Aerosoft!

THANKS GUYS!! :excellenttext_s:

Gareth Patrick, you confuse the issue of HAVING an opinion, with the privilege of being able to EXPRESS it. Forum rules apply to all, you have not completed a profile, your posts thus far are inane and suspect in their timing.

And are thus correct in your assumption that you are not yet fit to post.

There is hope however, because you at least recognise that. Shame you didn't direct your energies into telling us who you are. You could be some Indian spammer, or an agent provocateur... or with two first names some symbiotic organism that doesn't know its parents.

As it is you are no-one.

Snave why dont you just go crawl back under the rock where you came from...

Stop making a nuisance of yourself and stop spoiling good honest developers work..

How aerosoft can still allow this lunatic still on their forums goes beyond me..

Your bloody username says it all.

Please go google the word "snave" You will not get a better description of yourself.

• Upvote 2