Should have waited one more day to buy...

AaronMyers

$30 yesterday, $22 today for the Christmas sale. Knew I should have waited. :boohoo_s:

At any rate, it's an excellent plane and my first flight was quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the ongoing enhancements and many more adrenaline filled flights. Well done folks.

I don't know how I feel about that... releasing an aircraft one day before a sale like that, knowing full well that it would be reduced by 25% on the next day. It's a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who were loving the aircraft so much that we bought it right after release. It's worth the full price, no doubt, but still. I feel a bit cheated now, to be honest.

That's quite a kick in the but of those who went and purchased the Bronco on release day. A sale sooner or later is nothing special, but a day after release is kinda bad. The one thing early adopters will learn from it is to never ever buy on release day again. 6 Euros down the drain ...

• Aerosoft

I don't know how I feel about that... releasing an aircraft one day before a sale like that, knowing full well that it would be reduced by 25% on the next day. It's a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who were loving the aircraft so much that we bought it right after release. It's worth the full price, no doubt, but still. I feel a bit cheated now, to be honest.

Yeah but with 3 releases a week it's always the same issue. No matter what you do there is always a customer who buys something that's discounted the day after. But we REALLY tried to keep this product as cheap as possible. because you bought it yesterday you saved 5 Euro already. In January the price will 30 Euro.

The only alternative was to either not discount the product (and that would have create the same kind of posts) or to delay until after the sale. We promised ourselves that we want to have this one online before Xmas even if it meant lowering the sales price because we did not have all models.

because you bought it yesterday you saved 5 Euro already. In January the price will 30 Euro.

Yeah, but it was also a bit of bait. People were thinking "Hey, it's gonna be more expensive later on, so I can't go wrong by buying it today". I hope you understand our viewpoint. It's alright, though. Like I said, the Bronco is well worth it. In fact I'm off to flying it for a bit right now. ;)

Mathijs,

I don't need to tell you that this is a rather lame excuse... As a customer of the Bronco I'd feel offended and not well taken care of, too.

Aerosoft's goal is to improve customer relationship? Well, then this is sort of a casualty caused by friendly fire...

No offense meant but maybe you should think about it one more time... - and, no, I did not yet purchase the Bronco yet.

Please pass my best regards to Winnie, Sascha and Günther... - you know who I mean! :)

Merry XMas!

Bernd

The sale doesn't include every Aerosoft addon there is does it? So why include a brand new addon that was just released yesterday to begin with? Besides the Bronco could have launched with the sale and increased to 25 after the sale and 30 when the product is complete. But launching with 25 and farming those stupid customers who where exited enough to get the Bronco on release day doesn't really fit into the spirit of christmas.

The Bronco is a great little addon but that sale kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those were most willing to support the development work.

Disingenuous to be complaining after taking advantage of a discount offer....

Time and time and time again I have said that it does not pay to be an early adopter in the flight sim market.

I am so right the brilliance of my own prescience almost hurts my eyes... B):mallet_s:

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

I don't need to tell you that this is a rather lame excuse... As a customer of the Bronco I'd feel offended and not well taken care of, too.

Aerosoft's goal is to improve customer relationship? Well, then this is sort of a casualty caused by friendly fire...

No offense meant but maybe you should think about it one more time... - and, no, I did not yet purchase the Bronco yet.

Please pass my best regards to Winnie, Sascha and Günther... - you know who I mean! :)

Merry XMas!

Bernd

I am not sure I understand. You say you did not buy it yet but you mention you are a Bronco customer. In that case you can now buy it with 25% discount and think you would be very happy.

Hi Snave,

Apologies, but unfortunatly you seem to be no more than an opportunistic creature to me...

Sure, you can always wait and wait and wait and watch yourself grow older but that is not what flying is about. As a pilot you want to explore new territory, you want to push your limits and borders farther away from you... - thus many pilots are "early adaptors" for the business folks.

However there is border to watch... - otherwise the creative community will suffer first from those who are unwilling to risk being the pioneers and then the community altogether... - because then there will be no further replenishment, no new addon, nothing to warm the flight simmers heart...

Gentlemen, please be aware of this border... - the devolpers (Aerosoft - and I know they are aware!) as well as the FS Fans... - it is a giving and taking, as usual, please don't start to block each other...

Merry Xmas everyone,

Bernd

• Aerosoft

The sale doesn't include every Aerosoft addon there is does it? So why include a brand new addon that was just released yesterday to begin with? Besides the Bronco could have launched with the sale and increased to 25 after the sale and 30 when the product is complete. But launching with 25 and farming those stupid customers who where exited enough to get the Bronco on release day doesn't really fit into the spirit of christmas.

The Bronco is a great little addon but that sale kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth of those were most willing to support the development work.

So you say you would be happier if I removed the 25% discount? That's what causing the bad taste after all. But In what way exactly would that make people who bought it yesterday feel any more happy? How can NOT discounting something make people happier? Look we had 433 customers yesterday and as far as I can see almost all of those will now see what they bought 25% cheaper. Those people include people who bought Frankfurt Egelsbach (out two days) and Stavanger X (out three days). I really do not fully understand the issue. Certainly not is all say it was well worth the price. Did that change since yesterday? Is the product 25% less good? Is it the fact it's one day and not two? What's the correct period then? A week? A month?

But okay I learned a lesson, will not discount the latest released product next time. I totally fail to see how that could make anybody happy but obviously there are some customers who think that is a better cause of action.

I take serious offense at your comment on stupid customers. If you say that is how we think about customers I feel offended. I can only hope it was written with tongue in cheek.

Apologies for the short form, Mathijs!

I said: "...as a customer of the Bronco I would feel offended..." - meaning: If I had purchased the Bronco, I would feel - well, sort of - betrayed! I didn't say that I am a customer, however I surely am a potential customer as the VFR geek I am... B)

Again, I don't blame you guys at Aerosoft - not at all - but perhaps you might reconsider this again...

Take this as a word from an outsider... - I didn't buy the Bronco yet but in terms of fair play and community spirit I'd advise to rethink your policy here.

Best Regards,

Bernd

I don't mean to say the Bronco is less good because of the sale nor would I mind a sale a few weeks from release. It's simply bad timing in my eyes.

A sale (for xmas or whatever reason) is meant to boost sales. The Bronco was released two days before xmas with the words that the price will increase in the early weeks of 2012 when the update with the models is complete. I bet quite a few fans of that unique plane went and got the Bronco as an early present for themselves. Seeing its price reduced further a single day later doesn't make much sense to me at all other than giving launch day customers a bad feeling. Either people bought the Bronco right at release day (because the were sitting and waiting for the announced 22nd) or they will do it when the package is complete and family holidays are over. I just wonder if that sale is really worth it. It might attract a few sales but annoy a lot more of the ones that bought earlier.

I can't even say when a product should be eligible for a sale - maybe a few month after initial release. With PC Software and Games the price is either lowered to boost release sales or lowered later. But I can't think of a similar situation where the price of a product was lowered a single day after its initial release.

Aerosoft and its partners can handle there discounts and sales however they see fit but you have to understand that some people might feel a bit cheated under special circumstances like these. It doesn't make the Bronco less good or anything - in fact I'm very happy as its a nice addon - it just makes me wonder if that was really necessary. The spirit of xmas and such ...

• Aerosoft

Apologies for the short form, Mathijs!

I said: "...as a customer of the Bronco I would feel offended..." - meaning: If I had purchased the Bronco, I would feel - well, sort of - betrayed! I didn't say that I am a customer, however I surely am a potential customer as the VFR geek I am... B)

Again, I don't blame you guys at Aerosoft - not at all - but perhaps you might reconsider this again...

Take this as a word from an outsider... - I didn't buy the Bronco yet but in terms of fair play and community spirit I'd advise to rethink your policy here.

Best Regards,

Bernd

Okay, but I still fail to understand how NOT discounting something could make anybody happier. It seems highly unfair that we would ask the customers who want the Bronco to pay full price while customers for all other products get 25% discount.

In the end it a discussion I can never win. No matter what I do there will be people upset. If it really keeps people upset I will remove the discount from the Bronco tomorrow.

I really do not fully understand the issue. Certainly not is all say it was well worth the price. Did that change since yesterday? Is the product 25% less good? Is it the fact it's one day and not two? What's the correct period then? A week? A month?

But okay I learned a lesson, will not discount the latest released product next time. I totally fail to see how that could make anybody happy but obviously there are some customers who think that is a better cause of action.

Hi Mathijs,

Wrong questions and you know it... - at least I hope you do. The product is as good as it was yesterday or the day before but you know yourself that there are way more orders for the release of a product than two days later and - at least in my eyes - it is not fair to grab the money from the biggest fans and then say... - okay guys, we were a bit gready the first day so here is the same good offer at a 25% discount for those who don't know yet... - see what I mean?

If you said: "Due to the overwhelming demand and success of the new addon we are now offering it as a special XMas gift with a 25% discount AND everyone who purchased it prior the release will get this bonus, too" then I would call this perfect customer satisfaction.

Think about it... - can you remember how it feels to spend your hard earned money on a new FS product? I do! I did it today! :)

Again, no offense meant... - enjoy the holidays!

Bernd

• Aerosoft

s partners can handle there discounts and sales however they see fit but you have to understand that some people might feel a bit cheated under special circumstanced like these. It doesn't make the Bronco less good or anything - in fact I'm very happy as its a nice addon - it just makes you wonder if that was really necessary.

But explain how NOT discounting it would have made anybody happier? Should I remove the discount? We thought it was very cool that we included the newest stuff but obviously I was mistaken.

Maybe it would make people happy if the ones who bought it yesterday get the January updates for free and the cheapskates like me who bought it today will have to pay an extra 6 euros to get the extra variants/liveries next month :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

Wrong questions and you know it... - at least I hope you do. The product is as good as it was yesterday or the day before but you know yourself that there are way more orders for the release of a product than two days later and - at least in my eyes - it is not fair to grab the money from the biggest fans and then say... - okay guys, we were a bit gready the first day so here is the same good offer at a 25% discount for those who don't know yet... - see what I mean?

I honestly do not. We did not discounted the Bronco, we discounted over 500 products, The Bronco being one of them. We thought it was a nice gesture to our fine customers not to discount the old stuff like so many shops do but also the latest releases. If you interpret that as us saying "okay guys, we were a bit gready the first day so here is the same good offer at a 25% discount for those who don't know yet" I can only say that that is not true. That the product was not full price to start with has really nothing to do with that.

Think I said all I can say on this topic. I still do not understand why not discounting would make anything better, but I accept that some people are not happy. I'll probably remove the lastest product from a sale the next time. Again, no idea why that's better but I rather answer to people why it is NOT discounted then to people not being happy that is is discounted.

But explain how NOT discounting it would have made anybody happier? Should I remove the discount? We thought it was very cool that we included the newest stuff but obviously I was mistaken.

Well why was the Bronco not released WITH the discount in the first place? Why was it launched full price (leave the increase for the complete package aside for a moment) and discounted after the money was grabbed from the biggest fans - as Bernd put it. As said earlier it seems to me this is a case of bad timing more than anything else.

• Upvote 1

Simon,

You got to see your face in the mirror every morning, not me! B)

I suppose that you didn't have a chance yet to read my last response - which should explain my motives - so I won't go on any further.

But believe me, it is no envy that drives me here... :rolleyes:

It's not about removing the discount from the product today, its about extending the offer on the table today to those that bought yesterday on the first day of release. That's my take as the one who started this thread that has seemed to explode beyond what I intended.

• Aerosoft

Well why was the Bronco not release WITH the discount in the first place? Why was it launched full price (leave the increase for the complete package aside for a moment) and discounted after the money was grabbed from the biggest fans - as Bernd put it.

Because it was released before the discount action was running. Just as two other products were released in the last three days before the action. Should all have been released at a lower price and then raised in price next Tuesday? Would that have made you any happier? Or would should all three have been released today after 16:30? That's totally impossible. And that way we could never release any products before we do any sales action.

I am really at a loss here gentlemen. If anybody can explain me how I could have avoided this without having lost sales or having to delay three products for no good reason I would be happy. Tomorrow I'll remove the sales action for the Bronco. I'll feel like a total idiot when doing so but it clearly will solve the issues some people have.

Offline now btw.

I bought it yesterday at full price and think it is well worth it. I do wish the bad timing had not happened or that I was more patient, but overall I am happy that many more people will give the BroncoX a try due to the discount and find the nice plane we all saw there at full price.

Just consider this a generous holiday gesture by Aerosoft and more people enjoying the plane should result in more nice repaints, keep the holiday spirit.

Because it was released before the discount action was running. Just as two other products were released in the last three days before the action. Should all have been released at a lower price and then raised in price next Tuesday? Or would should all three have been released today after 16:30? That's totally impossible.

I guess the good people at Aerosoft know when such a discount is planned. And they are also likely to know when an addon is released, they advertise release dates after all. If the price of an addon is normally 25 and reduced by 25% during a discount, I fail to understand why a new release so close to a sale period should not start 25% reduced and go to full price when the sale is over. That would be a nice gesture instead.

A result I can think of is that people will be even more careful when purchasing new releases early as they don't want to get burned again. Such a mistimed sale does serve little purpose other than annoying the customers that a developers needs the most - the early adopters who purchase addons on day one even if the package is not fully completed yet, helping with bug reports for later fixes and financing the development of future addons. It might put a mindset into the customers that it's bad to buy anything right away and outside of a sale window. I don't know if that's what a developer wants. People waiting for release and than waiting further for a discount of an addon they would have otherwise gotten right away because they know it will come sooner than later.