Spam, spam spam and a bit more spam

• Aerosoft

Yes we know, it is super irritating and yes as administrators we should do all we can to prevent it.

And we do, but all automated systems are designed to separate human for bot and the spammers we now got are not bots but poor kids from India, China etc. They get a few cents for each valid forum account and when the accounts are done the bots get into action. The only thing we could do is make it harder to posts for registered users. Limit the amount of post per hour, not letting you posts anything in the first 2 days etc. But all of that makes life harder for real users and that's just bad.

As a user you can help by reporting the spammers, we then ban them and remove the post, most of the time we can do that very fast.

A well known MSFS forum has resorted to only allowing ISP emails. ie verizon or comcast. Email addresses from Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail etc were banned. Irritated me at first since i never used the account email, but if it helps companies/people such as yourself then i'm all for it.

A well known MSFS forum has resorted to only allowing ISP emails. ie verizon or comcast. Email addresses from Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail etc were banned. Irritated me at first since i never used the account email, but if it helps companies/people such as yourself then i'm all for it.

Hello David,

Problem is though a lot of companies have now started to let people use there e-mails without payment like AOL etc

• Aerosoft

What we have implemented is a limitation of 3 posts per day for the first 7 days after activation. This will not stop them, but at least it will prevent the bots from dumping up to 100 posts in an hour as they have been doing recently.

Can you believe it, we are now fighting bots. Modern days indeed.

• Upvote 4

Guest Hodge001

Up to now I have always let your comments pass without comment, but that is the most disgusting comment that I have heard and is the final straw for me, and try not to get a headache thinking of a reply as I will not be back hear again as long as you remain a member.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to prevent users from posting the same text two times?

That actually sounds good, because then if you mispost two reply's it will delete the other posts so there remains only one (!)

Quote : Up to now I have always let your comments pass without comment, but that is the most disgusting comment that I have heard and is the final straw for me, and try not to get a headache thinking of a reply as I will not be back hear again as long as you remain a member.

Jim Hodkinson

Am I missing something ? :confused_s:

Yes you did miss something the moderators deleted Snaves post already.

Ah, I already thought he would be talking about Mathijs post, which I have absolutly no problem with.

Talking about an other form of "spam", the enormous Bronco X banner on top of this forum... Is there a way to remove it? I already bought the plane so no need to draw my attention to it :-)

• Aerosoft

Talking about an other form of "spam", the enormous Bronco X banner on top of this forum... Is there a way to remove it? I already bought the plane so no need to draw my attention to it :-)

Yeah it was an experiment, will replace it today.

Yes we know, it is super irritating and yes as administrators we should do all we can to prevent it.

And we do, but all automated systems are designed to separate human for bot and the spammers we now got are not bots but poor kids from India, China etc. They get a few cents for each valid forum account and when the accounts are done the bots get into action. The only thing we could do is make it harder to posts for registered users. Limit the amount of post per hour, not letting you posts anything in the first 2 days etc. But all of that makes life harder for real users and that's just bad.

As a user you can help by reporting the spammers, we then ban them and remove the post, most of the time we can do that very fast.

Just did.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Daniel

What we have implemented is a limitation of 3 posts per day for the first 7 days after activation. This will not stop them, but at least it will prevent the bots from dumping up to 100 posts in an hour as they have been doing recently.

Can you believe it, we are now fighting bots. Modern days indeed.

Bot wars. Reminds me of the Clone Wars (Star Wars)!!

Daniel

Use Firefox plus AdBlock+ and you will get rid of unwanted pictures, links etc.

• 2 weeks later...

these stupid A** spam bots. Who the created them? I want to give them a peace of my mind! "Knuckle sandwich!" Whos with me? Quote me if you agree! lol :P

Post edited by Admin, No need for the expletive especially that one.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...