Lights

hjcurtis

Firstly I am loving this machine - she's great!! Thanks very much for all your efforts to get this out before Christmas. [With such rubbish on TV at Christmas nowadays, I'm betting that the Bronco will be the TV substitute in many households ... in my case I hope it won't prove too much of a distraction as I have a book to proof read over the next few days but if it does perhaps I'll add 'Aerosoft Bronco' in the credits!!]

One issue which I've noticed.

External/landing light:

I'm getting some strange effects with this. If I switch it on while in external view and then cycle back inside the cockpit, I can't then see any light on the taxiway. Cycling back out shows that the light has switched off.

On the subject of lights (and proof reading):

Manual, page 22, item 16:

This currently says 'Ruder [sic] trim neutral light'.

In some ways I prefer the above version (!), but it should, of course, read 'rudder' ... unless there's some feature of the Bronco whereby it gives you abuse if you don't treat it right!! (Only joking.)

These are minor points on what is a superb effort and I can't wait to see what comes with the full version in January.

Thanks once again for all the effort you put in to making sure we got this before Christmas. I look forward to reviewing the full product in due course.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

The landing lights on the Bronco should really only be switched On / Off using the switch in the VC and not by any hardware or key presses, cause this intervenes the custom code for landing light power logic.

Finn

@Finn: Thanks very much for the reply. I have since operated the lights as you say and all works fine.

@Mathijs: Thanks for the small alteration.

@Both of you: I sincerely hope you won't remember this product and this time for the criticism as regards the pricing. I know from experience that it's all too easy to let the negatives outweigh the positives even when the latter are by far in the majority. This is a superb product and you should feel nothing but pride for a job well done. I feel at times that people forget that we're all human and, therefore, are prone to mistakes. I suspect right now you may feel as if you can't please everyone, whatever you do but I hope above all else that this doesn't leave you disheartened. I wish you both a restful and Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

@Finn: Thanks very much for the reply. I have since operated the lights as you say and all works fine.

@Mathijs: Thanks for the small alteration.

@Both of you: I sincerely hope you won't remember this product and this time for the criticism as regards the pricing. I know from experience that it's all too easy to let the negatives outweigh the positives even when the latter are by far in the majority. This is a superb product and you should feel nothing but pride for a job well done. I feel at times that people forget that we're all human and, therefore, are prone to mistakes. I suspect right now you may feel as if you can't please everyone, whatever you do but I hope above all else that this doesn't leave you disheartened. I wish you both a restful and Merry Christmas.

No problems hjcurtis! We are ending this year on a high as not only feedback is very good but sales are very very strong.