Great airplane

dfw

Thanks for releasing this before the holidays. I'm really impressed with the quality of this airplane, performance is great and it's a fun airplane to fly.

Pat

p.s. If I don't start the plane from the bronco's saved situation, the external view frames are around 10-20fps. VC is solid at 30. I found that if I toggle the external/landing light switch, the frames go up to 30 on the external view. Looks like something related to the lights doesn't get initialized properly if the saved situation isn't used.

p.p.s.Any chance to switch the external lighting effects to .fx based scheme, instead of baking the lights into the model? I ask because .fx effects creat volumetric flashes and reflections which look better. shockwave 3d lights also work well for landing lights...

The "baked in" lights on the Bronco are .fx light effects.

FSX is a strange beast sometimes. On the Dimona we had a similar problem. There You had to toggle the Battery switch.

Finn

> The "baked in" lights on the Bronco are .fx light effects.

I didn't see any light effect entries under [lights] section in aircraft.cfg so I assumed the lights were baked into the model, that we cannot change or add the shockwave 3d lights.

> The "baked in" lights on the Bronco are .fx light effects.

I didn't see any light effect entries under [lights] section in aircraft.cfg so I assumed the lights were baked into the model, that we cannot change or add the shockwave 3d lights.

Thats right.

The .fx files are not added via the aircraft.cfg, but are attached to the 3D model itself. Those lights are still ordinary .fx effects.

The reason is that power logc for lights is very simple in FSX. Inorder to get better control on power source etc. we added them to the mdeol via socalled visitags instead where You can define what makes them visible or not to a much higher degree.

You should be able to add shockwave light in the aircraft.cfg, but then they will follow normal FSX logic.

Finn

I'm able to add shockwave lights but they overlap the existing effects so looks kind of awkward.

I see that the new beacons turn on/off with the beacon switch if the FSX lights are added to aircraft.cfg, even with the master light switch off--not a big deal.

Landing light seems to obey the switch just fine.

Beacon light splash is a problem for the bottom beacon due to holes in the model (VC surfaces flashing red). Using a non-reflecting beacon file (from one of the addons I have), it eliminates the problem.

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin

light.0 = 1, -20.12, 0, 8.53, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red //fx_shockwave_beaconh // fx_shockwave_beacon_fastflash, //surface reflecting

light.1 = 5, 16.2, 0, -1.35 ,fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow, //

light.2 = 1, 6.70, 0, -1.81, fx_beacon_E1X5 //non-reflecting

The top beacon light splash over the wings and the engine nacelle look good from the VC.

One thing is I had to black out the LANDLIGHTHALO_CL.dds alpha to get rid of the bright disk in front of the landing light.

post-48811-0-07479600-1324699674_thumb.j

• Aerosoft

I'm able to add shockwave lights but they overlap the existing effects so looks kind of awkward.

I see that the new beacons turn on/off with the beacon switch if the FSX lights are added to aircraft.cfg, even with the master light switch off--not a big deal.

Landing light seems to obey the switch just fine.

Beacon light splash is a problem for the bottom beacon due to holes in the model (VC surfaces flashing red). Using a non-reflecting beacon file (from one of the addons I have), it eliminates the problem.

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin

light.0 = 1, -20.12, 0, 8.53, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red //fx_shockwave_beaconh // fx_shockwave_beacon_fastflash, //surface reflecting

light.2 = 1, 6.70, 0, -1.81, fx_beacon_E1X5 //non-reflecting

The top beacon light splash over the wings and the engine nacelle look good from the VC.

One thing is I had to black out the LANDLIGHTHALO_CL.dds alpha to get rid of the bright disk in front of the landing light.

post-48811-0-07479600-1324699674_thumb.j

So for you and MDL without the lights included might help?

• Upvote 1

So for you and MDL without the lights included might help?

Hi Mathijs,

MDL without the landing light halo and beacons would help. The nav red/green/white are static so they don't have to be changed. Formation lights are just fine as they are now.

As Finn said, master light switch will not control these FSX light effects but individual swiches do work.

It's a matter of personal preference, I just like the volumetric light and beacon light reflecting off the wings as on the real thing.

[LIGHTS]

light.0 = 1, -20.12, 0, 8.53, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red, //surface reflecting

light.2 = 1, 6.70, 0, -1.81, fx_beacon_E1X5 //non-reflecting beacon

light.3 = 3, 1.0, -19.9, 2.6, fx_navred //nav

light.4 = 3, 1.0, 19.9, 2.6, fx_navgre //nav

light.5 = 3, -24.66, -7.1, 7.8, fx_navwhi //nav

Thanks and great job on this airplane.

• Aerosoft

Okay, it won't be this year as I have forbidden Stefan (the 3d guy behind this) to be online in the next week as he was doing 80 hour weeks at the end, but it should be easy to add those models to the set delivered in January.

Even though I like the model as it is and won't be changing the lights myself, I have to commend Mathijs on the excellent customer service in his offer to add an MDL without the lights included.