Thanks for the Bronco.

DagR

Hi there,

I just bought the Bronco and I absolutely love it. Superb work. I have probably never seen better modelling in FSX, that VC is really something to behold. I spent about 2 hrs getting to grips with the aircraft and I am really impressed with the engine programming.

Stefan and crew, you did a marvellous job. Looking forward to the rest of the model package.

Seasons greetings

Dag

Thanks alot Dag

Your wait for additional models should not be long :)

I would really like to see some repaints for it from You !

Best regards

Finn

I can just echo those comments. The VC is just wonderful and offers a great view. Flight model and systems are nicely detailed too.

There seems to be a bug with the framerate though. Cold and dark the external framerate is kinda low at 6-7fps for me. Once everything is running, it more than triples. In the VC it is always smooth.

I'd love to see some paints for down under though. Has the bronco been used in Australia and New Zealand?

post-8313-0-07777400-1324585429_thumb.jp

post-8313-0-17298600-1324585440_thumb.jp

post-8313-0-54677800-1324585452_thumb.jp

I think I've retired as a painter Finn. I do have plans for an E model though, for myself :-)

Oh

Sorry to hear Dag.

What a shame, knowing the splendid work You did before.

Finn

I can just echo those comments. The VC is just wonderful and offers a great view. Flight model and systems are nicely detailed too.

There seems to be a bug with the framerate though. Cold and dark the external framerate is kinda low at 6-7fps for me. Once everything is running, it more than triples. In the VC it is always smooth.

I'd love to see some paints for down under though. Has the bronco been used in Australia and New Zealand?

Strange..

During testing we never had issues reported fro low FPS at any point.

We had this with the Dimona X sometimes. Toggling the battery switch cured it - maybe worth a try !

Finn

I'll try that tomorrow and report back. I fly with external fps limiter (and enbhdr) and unlimited internally. I've set the limit to 20fps as this is the sweet spot for my system, any higher and I get texture loading blurries. In the VC the Bronco hits that limit as it does externally when it's fully running - very framerate friendly given the great VC modelling. When I'm sitting there cold and dark I only get 6-7fps in spot views. Cold and dark in VC is smooth too. Not such a big issue though as I rather fly the plane than parking it. I'll test the battery toggle and see if that helps.

By the way, is the Bronco such a tough plane in reality? My first landing was kinda rough as I'm not used to the flying characteristics yet and I hit the ground hard. The Bronco did not bother much, a little bounce and that was it. A Cessna would be broken in half after that. Is the Bronco indeed such a tough one?

Landing can be a bit challenging, especially is you drop below the recommended final approach speed of 100KIAS. You should definitely read the threads pinned at the top of this forum about some of the unusual flight characteristics of the Bronco.

Low-Speed

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/50970-bronco-advance-flight-mechanics-low-speed-flying-characteristics/

Adverse and pro-verse yaw

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/50981-bronco-advance-flight-mechanics-adverse-and-pro-verse-yaw/