Wilga X Issues

OleBoy

I seem to be having issues in the VC. I have two missing gauges, and none of the switches or animations are working. I uninstalled the Wilga, then reinstalled. That didn't help. I'm stumped because everything was fine. I have the latest release, v1.11.

Any help will be appreciated.

For the sake of saying "I did that", I uninstalled and reinstalled. That resolved nothing.

I have not installed anything within the past week at a minimum. I've been working on repaints for the Wilga for several days. Loading, unloading, testing paint schemes, etc. There were no issues until today.

Update;

I've confirmed that it's only related to the Wilga. All other aircraft work as they should. For the sake of it I rebooted and tested again. None of the Wilga birds have any animations inside the VC, or the shift+e, Shift+e1, etc are doing anything. And they all have the same gauges missing. I don't get it because everything did work fine. I looked in the 'bin" folder that refers where the gauges are, there were two files missing. pzl_104.lib, and pzl_104.exp. I took them out of the beta and put them into the folder. That resolved nothing.

HELP! LOL!! :)

post-30010-0-34576600-1324577035_thumb.j

You should, even if you dont want to supply system specs.

And you might want to rescind your comment over at the other forum. You've had two replies here, and none from them that have pointed you in the right direction... despite 75 views at the time of positing.

I do not understand the problem with me seeking resolution elsewhere. Many, I am sure have the Wilga X. And why are you being so combative towards me? I am not disrespecting you. And, I am not here to argue with you. Are you support? If you are, why is it not displayed under your name as being "staff"?

Did I say I was staff? I think not.

Support here is mainly provided by fellow simmers. YOU were the combative element by posting `over there` in such an overtly incorrect manner - you actually received help here first. I wish you only to do the gentlemanly thing and acknowledge your error over there.

Meanwhile, I have already provided your solution over here. You installed (or reinstalled) it wrong, committing some basic OS and FSX errors that have nothing to do with the Wilga X product.

You might also wish to increase your understanding of timezones.

The only thing I can acknowledge is that for you being a helping fellow simmer, your tact in approach is abusive in the means you help people who support the products released by Aerosoft. I do not appreciate your attempt at belittling customers when they do ask for help in other places. If you are going to help with my issue, I will thank you for it. But to come here to get battered in the means you are coming across, I will not tolerate. If you can help resolve the reasons for me being here right now, I will listen. If not, please do not reply. Right now you are of no help.

I have just told you, overtly, that I have already identified the issue.

I told you, equally overtly, that your assumption about permissions was correct. Whether to act on that information is your choice.

To choose to pretend you didn't see it, and then insult the provider, is unfortunately exactly what I expected from you, after observing your often-asinine behaviour over there. I handed you an opportunity to be a man, and you blew it.

Your loss. Another added to my ignore list, just like `over there`.

This was a great experience getting "support" from the members here. For your information, UAC is "Off" My issue is not caused from lack of administrators rights. The Wilga has been installed prior to customer release without an issue.

How do we know about administrators rights? Have you actually answered the bloody question about system specs?

Guess you don't want help.

And as for asking someone who wanted to help over there to come here to view your pics because your as lazy about posting in the forum where you've asked for help as you are here..? Who the hell do you think you are?

Unlike your responses, I will remain polite.

My system specs are not relevant to the issue. If it matters, I can run Orbx full sliders with very few micro stutters. I'll assume you know what it takes to be able to do that.

Hello Oleboy,

When you had the beta installed was it okay then.

After the beta did you remove all files pertaining to the beta version before installing the released version.

This has to be system specific or everyone would have the same issue.

He fixed it.

It was entirely his own ineptitude. Nothing wrong with the Wilga. At all.

Nice of him to come back and let us all know. But entirely in keeping with his manner that he didn't.

Hello Oleboy,

When you had the beta installed was it okay then.

After the beta did you remove all files pertaining to the beta version before installing the released version.

This has to be system specific or everyone would have the same issue.

Hello Mr. Fletcher.

I am not sure if the old files were still in there or not. I do, however remember installing via the installers, to include the latest that was updated and released. So, to my knowledge and use, everything was fine up to a point when I decided to make a few repaints. That's when the issue started. Snave (who is on ignore) who very rudely tried to beat me with what he thought was the issue, was not the trouble at all.

The issue was caused from my repaint files. I had .BMP and .DDS files with the same file names, in the same folder. FSX was reading the .BMP before the .DDS, and corrupting the model some how. Once I realized what was causing the trouble, I made sure to remove the .BMP files prior to trying to load the Wilga, and the aircraft works fine. I haven't had an issue since.

I appreciate your assistance sir!

As for member 'Snave', after experiencing "tech support" in the thick headed form he displays, he will always be a deterent for your customers. Especially when he comes across as being an 'all mighty know it all', when he's just an ass.

OctopusG did a fantastic job on the Wilga!. I'm in hopes his skills are used further for Aerosoft models.

Hi OleBoy!

I'm so glad about you can solve your problems finally! I have no problem with those gauges, therefore I had no idea how can I help you.

About our forum-member...he's a troll, and lot of topic-users hate him...just read into the Katana-topic...you'll know everything! ;)

Cheers,

Z.