Stavanger X now available for FSX

Shaun Fletcher

A treat not only for Norwegians: Stavanger X, the third biggest airport of Norway is now a new destination in your FSX! Stavanger X includes a highly detailed recreation of the Sola Airport and immediate surroundings, located in the western part of Norway. Developer Jo Erlend Sund who has also created the airports Trondheim and Oslo has developed the airport with all institutions, NAV aids and in extreme detail. Numerous custom objects create a real Norwegian flair.

[Product Page]

stavangerx_27.jpg

stavangerx_14.jpg

stavangerx_22.jpg

More Screenshots

Completely disregard previous post installation problems were totally my fault. In a rush to explore the scenery i failed to activate it in the launcher program which is why I was seeing the airport depicted in such a strange way :mallet_s:

All is well, congrats on the release and looking forward to flying the Bronco out of here in the next few days!

Bought, installed, activated. I will be doing BIKF - ENBR - ENZV - BIKF sometime in the next few days, like supposedly happens in the real world. That's what Wikipedia says, anyway... Can anybody confirm it?

Hi,

I have successfully altered the ground textures on the runways to something remotely similar to our real runways. I cannot find the textures for the aprons and the like, I want to do something similar to them. Any ideas? Are the apron effects controlled by bgls ?

Next task is to alter taxiway markings and RWY threshold markings/distance markings to something closer to ICAO standards.

Hi guys

Would you mind telling me how the scenery performs?

Stavanger looks great but as long as it was developed by the same person who did Mega Airport Oslo, wich is heavy on frames, i'm not sure if it's worth buying ENZV.

Thanks in advance.

Stavanger X is much easier on fps than Gardermoen. Some incompatibility to the Norway Scenic X II project on coastlines, but easy solved by deactivation CVX_landclass. bgl. Great scenery that hopefully will get the AES treatment.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

- If you want a detailed scenery of Sola, go for his one.

- If you want an accurate/complete/non fictious scenery of Sola with good resolution ground textures, wait for someone else to do it.

Manual says the scenery will show everything at full monthy on "very dense", set that to "extremely dense" instead. Probably the thinnest manual ever btw.

Other features (based on the fact that this scenery looks like Sola from early 2010):

- Heli dolly parked on taxiway boundary on TWY G4. Illegal.

- Static aircraft on apron 13 parked nose out. Not done for real. They have tie downs in the concrete for nose in parking.

- No TACAN.

- Very inaccurate VOR/ZOL

- At Sola traffic cones are used on wingtips/engines on larger aircraft, not light twins/singles. It depends a bit onthe handling agent. Cylindrical orange traffic markers are used to mark curves and sometimes closed areas. Permanently closed manuvering-areas are marked with "danger markers", triangular in cross section and around 2m long/50 cm high. These are of plywood and coloured orange/white striped and can be furnished with red marker light/sandbags. These are collapsible and can be run over without major damage to aircraft.

In the ENZV scenery there is an indiscrete use of what I interpret as representation of our so called "jersey pigs" used around permanent/semi permanent installations on non manuvering areas and car parks. These are of concrete and weighs in excess of 100 kg. Those placed on a closed bit of taxiway intersecting TWY A2 (wrongly labeled TWY A3) and TWY C2 and the closed portion of TWY C, would be considered FOD/dangerous obstacle, for instance.

- No markings for stand 30 through 36.

- Indiscrete use of green containers placed at various places, one near shelter E and one near the engine test barn. One outside hangar 2 and probably one just north of the COB hall between shelter C and D would be better.

- Textures on apron 2/3 and taxiways on the air station looks like gravel and boundaries between grass and same are diffuse to say the least. A very weak feature of the whole scenery.

- SAR PAD and Helipad North completely missing from scenery. This is where the Sea King Mk.43Bs (called Westland WS-61 Sea King in the manual !!) of 330 skv are operated from.

- The 3D grass is "disturbing" and looks oversized, should be gotten rid of completely.

- The Avinor operations building, housing among other things, the fire station is textured strangely on the air side. Also, the driveway for the fire tenders are marked in white but the marking does not correspond with the 4 doors associated with the fire station. Likewise there is a service road going around this same building. If you try that, you'll end up running through one of the garage doors in that same building.

- Block numbers on the doors of the CHC/Heli One hangar are no. 1 for all blocks (!)

And, there's more...

Where I want to congratulate the devs and testers is on the features of the terminal. It looks good.

I understand that the guy that did this scenery cannot have had good access to this airport and I also sense beta testers with a less than average knowledge of this airport.FPS is around 17 near the terminal area with relatively high slider settings, taxiing on TWY L in the aerosoft F-16AM. Approaches at around 20-21. FPS unlimited, Intel i7-860, AMD/ATI5870, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

My my, a dolly has been parked somewhere where it should not be. I can guarantee you that there is not a single scenery product where these kinds of things are not common. Just as with most, if not all your comments. You obviously work at the airport and it does not live up to your standards. That's a shame, but as it is clear that no scenery we sell will fit your standards it's not such a big deal.

Mathijs,

I asked if I could possibly beta test for this product and you said that you would email all the people who applied...

From Previous preview thread..:

When we start testing we'll contact all the people who send a mail...

I haven't had an email :/ :( Still very interested in testing other products for you guys :)

Tristan

Hi there,

New here but joined because I've an issue with Stavanger.

I've just bought it and usually test new scenery with default planes.

I'm using World of AI for my AI aircraft and all is well at other airports, however at Stavanger, the planes don't show up. Just their lights and smoke from landing. I thought it was odd that they were dealing with ATC who were instructing them to turn to a taxiway but couldn't see them.

6564735263_9bf1eb3bb7_z.jpg

6564730763_b51c0bc773_z.jpg

I then went to Trondheim (Aerosoft) where AI aircraft appeared without any issue.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adam Smith.

Hello Adam.

Turning the "Aircraft cast shadows on the ground" setting off should fix your problem.

Happy holidays!

Well, that's fixed it!! How silly do I feel right now lol something so simple as that to cure what I thought was something abnormal.

Many thanks Jo and all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Adam

Hi,

Shelters have a white external floodlight above the 40 ton door, not red. Can this be fixed? Also I noticed, orur green griting sand storage silo fails to show up on my system in night-time. Thanks for making that and the pile of ############### always there :-) The area between the cargo terminal and the emergency power station 3 is our "walk of shame". The ############### located there could have been hidden to the public, far away on the western side but was located there because of the need to have a low cost parking for cars :-/

Mathijs,

I asked if I could possibly beta test for this product and you said that you would email all the people who applied...

From Previous preview thread..:

I haven't had an email :/ :( Still very interested in testing other products for you guys :)

Tristan

Mathijs? :(